It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah Judge Removes Foster Child (pending adoption) From Home Because Parents are Lesbian

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighDesertPatriot
I am saying that all people should be equal in the eyes of the law, and currently they are not.

Of course we aren't, otherwise that judge wouldn't have been allowed to cite sexual orientation as a reason to take the kid away.

The "protected classes" that the left have created get more legal latitude than everyone else. It is true and you know damn well it is.

Yeah... that lesbian couple in the OP seems real advantaged. Not to mention marriage equality just happened. Not to mention that people can still be fired for being gay or transgender. "Protected classes", my ass.

Oh, tolerance is just dandy as long as you don't piss off some gays or trannies.

Using offensive slurs makes you sound like an idiot and nothing you say afterwards can be taken seriously.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: HighDesertPatriot

Okay, maybe I didn't get you right there - I took it as you wanting it to be ok for this judge to be free to curtail freedoms. By your reply, I stand corrected. The fact is, NO judge should rule in favor of restricting individual liberty. I'm personally of the belief that a privately-owned business should have the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason as well (though Oregon law does not support my feelings on that.)

Anyhow, thank you for your response, as I misinterpreted your intent.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
The judge didn't cite the mothers' history for why he is taking custody of the children of the two. He SPECIFICALLY mentioned their homosexuality for why he was removing care of the child from them.

That's true. The first thing he asked them was "What is your relationship"? They answered that they were married, and he got up and left the court to make his decision. I heard that on a news story.

I just asked the OP how it feels to have someone jam their opinion down your throat.

No one can "jam their opinion down my throat". They can voice their opinion, but that's about it. In the case of a judge, if I were breaking the law, I would expect to have to face the consequences of that. But these women weren't breaking any law.

Ask the owners of the bakery who was awarded to pay some ridiculous amount for honoring their religion.

He was breaking the law. He should expect to have to face the consequences of that. You can't wear your religion like armor to get away with breaking the law of the land, regardless your religion.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

This mother loved her child enough to carry and care for her for nine months. Then she did a selfless act and gave her daughter the chance to be more. You don't know her struggles.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Why is it everytime a lesbian or gay couple get together its always this PERFECT utopian loving parents.. Get the hell out of here www.dailymail.co.uk... donna-smoking-weed-left-View-feared-heart-attack-Whoopi.html

Rosie and her 'lover' sure were not all this good loving parent crap so stop with it REALLY!!

The judge did what he believes is right. THATS HIS job to judge.. AND he put his JOB ON THE LINE OVER IT..

If it was a miscarry of justice, let the people speak!!!

The man did nothing wrong if he did what he thought was lawfully right.. Maybe the parents were not oh so perfect as you people believe!!! The child was being fostered it was NOT ADOPTED yet! It can be taken away AT ANYTIME
SO PLEASE QUIT with your PC BULL #!!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
Why is it everytime a lesbian or gay couple get together its always this PERFECT utopian loving parents..

Where did you see this? No one is claiming that. Taking it to extremes, aren't we? Truth is, they were approved to be foster parents (NOT an easy task), so I doubt there was too much weed-smoking going on...

And what does Rosie O'Donnell have to do with ANY of this? Oh, I see. She's gay and so every gay parent is just like her... Yeah, uh-huh...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

The man did nothing wrong if he did what he thought was lawfully right..

I question the lawfully right.

I think you had it right the first time when you said he did what he believes.

edit on 12-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

I wonder if anyone can have a Debate without tossing around Buzzwords like "PC" to make them sound enlightened

So, lets see if your logic is sound.

Rosie is a Lesbian, reports say she wasn't a good parent so all Same-Sex Parents are bad? so all Gays must look the same?

So, automatically a Heterosexual Couple would be better..

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: everyone
You are speaking for a one year old child here.

I am not. I have read several articles and I listened to the moms.

So you purport to to know what is going on in a 1 year old childs mind by reading articles and listening to the people who are defending their own case?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

You are speaking for a one year old child here.

I am not. I have read several articles and I listened to the moms.

So you purport to to know what is going on in a 1 year old childs mind by reading articles and listening to the people who are defending their own case?

Does that make any sense?

I think my pondering time is now up.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I think there is a lot of truth in that. I miss the old time baptist churches, before the mega churches and all that. I miss the pastors that did it for a calling, not a career.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Of course the little girl would be better off with a traditional family, but that isn't always possible. There is always a shortage of foster parents and potential adoptive parents. If these lesbians want to adopt this little girl then we should be grateful that they are there to answer the call and help out.

The little girl is better off with lesbians than with no one at all.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Our justice system is littered with these types of conservative religious nuts that impose their morals and religion on the public.

This is no different than Sharia courts.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Annee

And kudos to the birth mom for recognizing a loving family and choosing happiness for her child.
too bad the mom fell short on the basics of raising a child but cudo's for her other ability to recognize" love" ..something is missing to this case that we may not be privy to ,I suspect .

That is exactly what i am suspecting.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Our justice system is littered with these types of conservative religious nuts that impose their morals and religion on the public.

Except Sharia law is a choice.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

See why I don't trust Christians?

Their religion gets in the way of their common sense.

Now the Mormons are going to say they are being persecuted and denied religious freedom because they can't exercise their hate for homosexuals.

edit on 12-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The Mormon church just handed down decree that children of homosexuals aren't welcome in the church unless they denounce their parents and jump through a million hopes and get permission from the highest authority in the church.

This basically means that the foster child would not be welcome in the church. That is why! There is a protest in front of the temple this Saturday. I am not Mormon, nor do I belong to the GLBTQ crowd, but I am going to the protest on principle.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Of Course you know for fact "Traditional" or your definition of Traditional Parenting is Better?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Of Course you know for fact "Traditional" or your definition of Traditional Parenting is Better?

Yes, it is better that the child be with a traditional family. However, I am not sure why you feel the need to argue about this since I agreed with the OP that the judge acted inappropriately.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Yes, it is better that the child be with a traditional family.

Why?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join