It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerned citizen calls 911 over man walking ‘with purpose’ with Confederate flag

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You asked the question I was about to..

If he was black would it be wrong..

In my opinion yes, this caller was wrong, and calling the cops on a black man walking down the street are both wrong.

The rest is not directed at you specifically BH.

My home in OKC has a group of blacks that believe they are the lost tribe of Israel and they are blatant racists... all they do (to my knowledge) is stand on the street corner many in KKK style robes screaming hate... folks give them an odd look but since they are not doing anything wrong most folks smile shake their heads and walk on.

The guy was in cut off shorts and a T shirt... unless god really gave him the short end of the stick he wasnt hiding weapons. Now if he is walking back and forth on the street possibly casing the houses in the area... yes call the cops.

Otherwise the 911 caller is an idiot and the cops should # him down for a long talk about what 911 is to be used for.

Thats my nickles worth.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nope. We're sick of the whining. Why is it ok for the PC crowd to be able to control what I say or do, as long as I'm not breaking any laws? Because they don't approve? It hurts their feelings?

How does the PC crowd control you exactly?

Grow up.
They are all for Free Speech............. till someone expresses an opinion they don't agree with.

Political correctness is ALSO free speech. The pendulum works both ways buddy.

Why is it ok for them to call me "redneck" or "hillbilly", which we both know is used as an insult, but they can whine all day long about their hurt feelings?

Free Speech. You ARE allowed to speak up about being called a redneck or hillbilly as well though. Again Free Speech.

If it hurts their feelings to hear what I have to say, walk away. No one is forcing them to strand and listen.
Don't like a flag? Don't look at it.

OR I can use my free speech to call you an asshoole. Free Speech is great isn't it?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Right, fine...the police handled appropriately. That doesn't detract from the absurdity of it. Or the implication that it has for how fractured, dysfunctional and idiotic the nation has become. That is part of the outrage.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: anon72

If it was a mexican flag, it wouldn't be in the media as a problem.

That's the problem. The media doing a story on it makes it the problem.

What about the man minding his own business. Now he has to explain himself because some moron was offended?

He most likely was stop/detained/questioned/id'd/record in a database and so on.

and in your opinion if it was a middle eastern man with an Syrian Flag?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GonzoSinister

There would definitely be squawking about profiling.
Just from different people.
edit on 11/12/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

There would definitely be squawking about profiling.
Just from different people.

and im sure there would definitely be the opinion the concerned citizen was within their rights to call the cops just to be sure?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leprekon
a reply to: AESTRODON

Its ridiculous little kids think they wanna be opposite genders,I think their is something going on subliminally, people getting upset over coffee cups,people being hateful to one another,getting pissy over a flag.I'm 22 as well I can't believe all the crap that is going on, eventually its all gonna come to a grinding halt and we are not going to like the outcome whatever may happen.

Research what happens when the Earth's magnetic field starts to move, change or starts to deplete. Look for reactions with animals and humans.
My theory is that it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Right, fine...the police handled appropriately. That doesn't detract from the absurdity of it. Or the implication that it has for how fractured, dysfunctional and idiotic the nation has become. That is part of the outrage.

ONE guy being idiotic with 911 isn't indicative of a trend about how "fractured, dysfunctional, and idiotic" the nation has become. That is called an anecdote fallacy.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Exactly. And that underscores that we have got to stop this madness.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: GonzoSinister
why do people think its not wierd to be wandering about with a flag.. any flag for no particular reason!!

THIS IS WEIRD..

not because im scared, not because i dont think he should..

but because no one does that!! if you are one of those people who do, then you very well may be nuts!

Just remember, it's not illegal here. So people might do all kinds of weird stuff like that in public for no apparent reason. And it's even worse in the bigger cities; to the point most people there are desensitized to the weird stuff.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72

Well, the good thing about all this PC policing is that it will eventually eat its adherents. No one can be PC 24/7/365.

The bad thing? It has a good hold on a lot of people so it's going to take awhile to eat itself.

edit on 12-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: anon72
See picture at the article.

www.washingtontimes.com...

This article says the caller stated he was "walking with pride."

As opposed to shame, which would have been acceptable to the caller, I assume.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

and to an extent that is true,

however i do not for one minute believe all those who see this scenario as an issue in this thread, would be as against the same reaction if the scenario i put forward played out,

so where does the line get drawn?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Of course the one instance isn't - but it's just one of many. But you and I would likely just disagree on that too.
BTW, arguing about how we are arguing instead of making your case let's us all know that you have no case.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: GonzoSinister

and to an extent that is true,

however i do not for one minute believe all those who see this scenario as an issue in this thread, would be as against the same reaction if the scenario i put forward played out,

so where does the line get drawn?

I think if there is a reason to be suspicious -- for example, someone fitting the description of a wanted suspect for a string of robberies -- then I can accept calling the police about someone appearing to be minding their own business.

Otherwise, I would not defend harassing innocent people and wasting law enforcement resources.

edit on 12-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The dismissive defenders of PC thought police would do Orwell quite proud, and will be held culpable for furnishing the environment for such behaviour to flourish.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This thread is just an excuse to feign outrage over PC people.

We're not feigning outrage - we ARE outraged.

Most inappropriate 911 calls have to do with encounters between people that have gone wrong. Like a bat# crazy person calling 911 because McDs forgot her fries. Other inappropriate calls are based in misunderstanding or confusion. Like a person seemingly tresspassing like that Harvard professor.

There was no unfortunate encounter or misunderstanding here - an idiot dialed 911 because they were offended by the flag and the PC madness that has seized this nation convinced them that they should also be scared. Of a flag. Of purposeful walking.

It's absurd.

And, furthermore, it's shameful that the PCness has us so hemmed in that even expressing an opinion - on a Conspiracy discussion board - on the absurdity of it all, draws mocking and derision.

What the actual #!?

But the timing of it.......Now when we have this issue in Missouri. Yes, he has the right to carry it, but this isn't an innocent exercising of rights.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

i am not saying anyone specifically would,

however im just saying the arguments being made are not because this was a guy walking with a flag down the street,

its because its was a WHITE guy walking down with an AMERICAN CONFEDERATE flag that some people are defending him,

unfortunately change up the conutry flag (especially to one of a rebel army from a different country) and skin colour there would be a difference of opinion in this thread from many contributors,

that's where the issue lies.

Free speech is objective in the minds of the masses.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
#FlagsDontMatter

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I made my case on page 1 one. This is a non-issue being blown out of proportion by people who are looking to be outraged over political correctness. It is confirmation bias and hypocrisy on display.
edit on 12-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join