It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mizzou Demonstrators Segregate White Allies to Form ‘Black Only Healing Space’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
OH, I think I know why the football team were upset over the white uniforms.

This Saturday's game was slated to be a white-out game. They were to wear all-white uniforms and the crowd was supposed to wear white tees in support to turn the stadium white. They traditionally do this every time they play in Arrowhead. When they play in Columbia, there is at least on game every year that is a black-out. Do you think the players are going to get upset over that one?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Don't do this. If they feel they need private space and personal time, it's nobody's business but their own.
Let them have it in peace.

If whites want private space is that ok?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I assume none of you have attended a university where you engaged in a study group, that met in the library, or under a tree on campus, or in the student lounge. I assume you've never been in a club at that university, or served on a committee, or any other type gathering that was closed to anybody and everybody. I wonder if most of you are unaware of the fact that these gatherings occur on every campus every day in the U.S.?

Are some of you on this thread among those always complaining about how far political correctness has gone, and how it needs to stop? Is this whining and complaining over a group of black students meeting privately, not a PRIME example of your being 'offended' and outraged over something as insignificant as this? Isn't that what you are doing now? I never thought I'd use the term faux outrage, but here it is.

And although I'm just now looking over this thread since I left it, I see many of the responses are directed towards me, and although I didn't read them all, (sorry) I got the gist of all the absolute terrifying horror you've experienced over this traumatic event. I mean, in your eyes it's so politically incorrect, it's almost worth starting a revolution over! Damn those college kids! Ungrateful brats after all we've done for them! And they're not even poor!

"This does not promote peace and love" is sort of a repeated theme. So , okay, then. How about YOU promote peace and love. YOU be the champion of love. And by that I mean, if they have behaved in a way in which you disapprove,
LOVE THEM. Love them anyway. See? That's what acceptance is. You go first.

They turned people away based on race? Of course. That is what this is about. If it had been about gays, gays would have wanted to commiserate with other gays, and so forth. If it had been about tattoos, they would have wanted to meet with others who have been tattooed. See how this works? They wanted to meet with other black students, because the issue surrounds black students. "lightbulb".

Oh, and a couple of more things. Spare me of the little cliché "Do you know what 'assume' means? Yes I do. I have for decades.

And spare me the 'slippery slope' lecture. Yes I know what that is, have for decades, and this is not one.

The slippery slope, if there is one in this situation, is having a university professor call a student the n-word and not facing any repercussions over it.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I completely understand where you are coming from...but I disagree. All people like being with others like themselves. Be it the type of job, income level, religious belief system, etc...we want to be with like-minded people. In cities you have "little china", "little havana", etc. Just another example. So I say we go all in on segregation. Split the country's states to match the demographics of the people (as far as possible). Give NJ and NY to black people for example. Let them run it as they wish and if they turn it into a giant ghetto, then they need to live with it. What would be wrong with a LGBT state? How many problems and arguments would THAT solve? Separate religions into states and allow them to have their own laws. On and on and on, this would do nothing but solve problems for the people who work at it and leave the deadbeats with their own slums.

I'm good with that. And then...we can finally be represented in government accordingly. There is no way that the representative of NJ (for example) can represent the will and wishes of all the people. Diversity has made that impossible. But if NJ was nothing but farmers and ranchers with similar jobs, beliefs and concerns...they could be represented.

Each state with its own demographic and depending upon who and what you are, you go to the appropriate state. Now personally...I know the outcome because we have seen it before. The black states would start crying because theirs would be full of crime, poverty and corruption. The religious states would be in their own personal heaven...the texas-like, gun supporters would be happy as all hell, the liberal no guns and give all their money to the needy...well...I don't know WHERE they would end up.

But I would go for that.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So, you are ready to completely dismantle the country because a group of black students had a meeting with one another outside on campus to discuss, I presume, addressing other racial tensions on campus?

Alrighty then.

Do you see how 'slippery slope' works? Do you see that YOU are engaging in 'slippery slope' now? By overreacting to a simple meeting on a university campus?

edit on 11/13/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Wrong thread
edit on 13-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I assume none of you have attended a university where you engaged in a study group, that met in the library, or under a tree on campus, or in the student lounge.

Yes I did but we never had "white only study groups" or told those of other races they were no welcome because of race.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Wrong thread

Isn't it though?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

So let me make sure I understand you. This whole situation is just fine and it should be allowed to continue because it is right and just. It is everyone else's fault because we don't piss love all over these individuals and it is fine for them to protest, segregate and get individuals fired. On top of that...and I don't want to put words in your mouth, it sounds like you support everything they are doing. It is OK for one group of people to tell another group to keep out...to take property they don't own and say "you stay away". A group that goes around calling each other n-this and n-that has such a problem with another person parroting them?

You are obviously welcome to your own opinion and you are likely about the same age as me (my guess). That means that you either subscribe to the liberal agenda which is exactly what these people are exercising. Good luck. You have told them they deserve everything and need to contribute nothing. You deal with the problem. But my life experience is different and my opinion is therefore based upon that. And that is simple. Black people are the biggest racists and hypocrites there are. Their leaders tell them to play the victim to get stuff, to get special attention and rights. And this is the result...a huge group of whiners that think the world owes them something. It doesn't...I don't...the white people don't, and so on.

Just imagine for a moment if these people decided to live and let live, clean up their own society, take self responsibility and tell their leaders to go pound sand. THAT would be the best path for them...that would provide them the freedom that they don't have now, by their own actions.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Don't do this. If they feel they need private space and personal time, it's nobody's business but their own.

Whites have private space all day every day. I think I read that only 8% of this university is black. This means it's rare to have even one or two black students in a class. It's essentially a white school.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I never said anything to you about a slippery slope. Maybe you're confusing me with someone else. What I'm saying is simply this...in this case, if they don't want to be around anyone but "their own kind"...give them what they want. Lets make an experiment of it and see where it ends up. I'll be laughing all the way, knowing the outcome.

And the truth is...this is what the majority of black people seem to want. Black cops, black bosses, black preachers, black professors, etc. Give them their wish. But make them live with their choice.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Whites have private space all day every day.

BOLLOCKS

How entitled and racists can YOU yes YOU get!

We dont live in 1860 or even 1960 anymore!

Blacks have the same amount of privacy as anyone else does! In fact more so! Cause if us whites asked for privacy in white only groups entitled m racist little dweebs like you would be the first to cry that's RACIST!

You sir are a racists!
edit on 13-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Really? Please explain to me how whites have private space and blacks don't. And please stay on that topic and be specific. Tell me how whites have this and blacks are kept from having this. I'll wait...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

And the truth is...this is what the majority of black people seem to want. Black cops, black bosses, black preachers, black professors, etc. Give them their wish. But make them live with their choice.

The statement is anything BUT the truth. African Americans want to be fully integrated within American society. That is what this is ABOUT. Sigh.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Really? Please explain to me how whites have private space and blacks don't. And please stay on that topic and be specific. Tell me how whites have this and blacks are kept from having this. I'll wait...

from my post above, sweetiepie,

I think I read that only 8% of this university is black. This means it's rare to have even one or two black students in a class. It's essentially a white school.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I currently attend a university. One of my mandatory classes is "US racial and cultural minorities".

The first day in class the Professor told the class "I'm not interested in hearing from the white students".

This is where such a curriculum leads in my honest opinion.

So I have 2 1/2 years left in school where I feel I must simply "keep my head down" and "walk on egg shellls" lest I be branded simply because I am white. All it will take is an accusation and my time at school will be over as well as my future plans.

Institutes of higher learning indeed..........

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Ah, crazyewok, let's not reduce ourselves to name calling, shall we, ladybug?

(I'm just kidding with the' lady bug' thing.) But you know, 8% means the black students are the minority in every class they attend. That's all I'm saying. Get a grip on yo little angry self.

Sincerely yours,
Angelina

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Sigh back at cha! No...they don't. Want proof? Ask the following question in a city. "Would you rather this be a black's only city but just as financially secure as it is today?".

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Sigh back at cha! No...they don't. Want proof? Ask the following question in a city. "Would you rather this be a black's only city but just as financially secure as it is today?".

I would answer the question, but honestly I think you would learn more if YOU asked it.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You're wrong. You can't say they have no private place just because they are only 8% of the group anymore than I can say whites don't have private space because they are only 92% of the group. Private is private...with no others. Neither group can say that. And if blacks having "private space" is such an issue and problem for them...then you have proven my point that they want to only be with their own kind. That gives them their private space and according to you...is the ONLY way to achieve that.

Oh...forgot. SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join