It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse Of Oak Island

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You guys don't get it.
Being that close to the ocean, any hole dug or drilled will fill to sea level.
We can't pump it dry now nor could they in 1700.

The show is a scam.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

That is totally dependent on the what is above bedrock on the island. IT has already shown that something very old is/was down there. All that history and items brought up especially recently leave no doubt.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
You guys don't get it.

The show is a scam.

Explain the red dye that they put down H8 and it appeared out the suspected flood tunnel in Smiths Cove then.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Does anyone think they are close the the MP? I don't know enough about this stuff to know if what they are showing us means anything or nothing.

Lots of interesting trinkets found this season, especially the lock in last nights episode. Still, I don't know what any of it means, or if it means anything.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

With all the ground penetrating radar and different satellite scanning technology we have now anything on the island would be easy to find if anything was actually there .

I mean we can scan the ocean floor and find lost city's in dense forest even see ancient rivers no longer visible .....

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
With all the ground penetrating radar and different satellite scanning technology we have now anything on the island would be easy to find if anything was actually there .
I mean we can scan the ocean floor and find lost city's in dense forest even see ancient rivers no longer visible .....
I've been enjoying Randall Sullivan's excellent book on the topic, and while I am only half-way through, one thing he has made clear is that after over two centuries of 'exploration', the ground below the surface of the island looks like Swiss cheese. It is rife with tunnels both flooded and collapsed, and nothing would clearly show up under GPR, LIDAR, etc.
What they need is a good psychic! Unfortunately, I don't have/recall the whole story of the one that I knew who spoke with the late Dan Blankenship.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
You guys don't get it.

The show is a scam.

Don't let history get in your way, after all everything is/was impossible until someone does it
The miners who risked their lives UNDER the sea: How the quest for tin took men below the ocean floor off coast of Cornwall

Coastal mining in the region stretches back 3,500 years - and has claimed many lives over the millennia

Toiling fewer than 40ft under the ocean floor, the men knew that one false pick stroke could be their last. With the roar of the sea in their ears, these brave miners were forced to tunnel closer and closer to the surface in their quest for tin. Stretching for more than a century, the dangerous work to extract metal from seams located under the Cornish coastline claimed many lives and was only ended by economic concerns. Now, the seabed near Land's End in west Cornwall is to be dredged to capture tin washed out there by the prolific land-based mines which operated nearby. But beneath the ocean floor lies a vast labyrinth of tunnels extending more than a mile out to sea......

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I've been enjoying Randall Sullivan's excellent book on the topic, and while I am only half-way through, one thing he has made clear is that after over two centuries of 'exploration', the ground below the surface of the island looks like Swiss cheese. It is rife with tunnels both flooded and collapsed, and nothing would clearly show up under GPR, LIDAR, etc.

Pardon my ignorance...Any earth tremors that way?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

pumping a shaft dry - is an undertaking in its own right

and it leaves evidence

the endeavour must be powered :

horse gin , windmill , steam engine , waterwheel

any evidence of these

further - a surface pump will fail once the water level = 10m below it - so - that requires both " pump rods " and dircharge pipe in the shaft

any evidence of either

pumping = possible - but here is the evidence of the pump apparatus ????????????

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Pardon my ignorance...Any earth tremors that way?
No ignorance...I believe it is fairly geologically stable. But there have been dozens of shafts sunk and tunnels dug to try to find the flood network. AND piles of explosives (in one case 160 lb of dynamite) set off to collapse the flood tunnels. We know how well THAT worked.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
Don't let history get in your way, after all everything is/was impossible until someone does it

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending how you look at it), lives aren't as cheap these days as they used to be in the old days. Sure, somebody could dig way down below the island and build caissons and pump them out or freeze all the groundwater with liquid nitrogen or whatever else you can think of, but the cost just becomes enormous. The Laginas have some money, and they're being partially financed by the History Channel, but it's still insanely expensive.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher
So, if one had the chance to ask a simple question of an insider about Oak Island, what might it be? I might soon have the opportunity to ask it.

edit on 20-7-2019 by JohnnyCanuck because: Arrrr...

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Let's have all of the artifacts recovered to-date, layed out on the
table.

Using radar they have located and unearthed some large stones and wood
and coconut fiber.

edit on 20-7-2019 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDidHappen
Let's have all of the artifacts recovered to-date, layed out on the
table. Using radar they have located and unearthed some large stones and wood
and coconut fiber.

Apparently much of what's been recovered is on display at the Interpretive Centre. How much pre-dates the show, I couldn't say. Yet.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Now that Dan Blankenship has passed away, and the "one more must die" curse has come to fruition, I still don't think they're going to find anything noteworthy. Anything that might have been there is long gone, and the rest is just hearsay.
I don't think so. A large amount of precious metal does not hit the market without leaving a ripple. I think they need to look for the back door in the swamp.

Or there really never was a "large amount" of precious metals there. Or it was dug up back in the early 1800s and is already sitting in Fort Knox in nice shiny ingots.

If it was ever sitting in Fort Knox, it was spent a LONG time ago.....

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

So, if one had the chance to ask a simple question of an insider about Oak Island, what might it be? I might soon have the opportunity to ask it.

I've thought about this for a while and I got nothing. Kind of sad but I can't think of anything other than a general update on whats been going on as we won't see it for a while.

Even with all the frustration the island brings this must still be a blast for all involved. The worlds most bizarre treasure hunt.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

I've thought about this for a while and I got nothing. Kind of sad but I can't think of anything other than a general update on whats been going on as we won't see it for a while.
Even with all the frustration the island brings this must still be a blast for all involved. The worlds most bizarre treasure hunt.
Having recently returned, about all that I can report, after spending some time with a couple of the cast, is no treasure as of Aug. 6, but lots of interesting stuff going on. They are all bound by pretty ironclad NDAs so I didn't even ask for goodies but they sound like they're having fun. What you miss watching the show, is that it's more than just an hour a week...there's some serious work going on there, day in - day out!

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Consider all the damage to the ecology of the area they are doing all because of rumors.
How many thousands of gallons of fuel have they burned?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

How close are they to broke island?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

What you miss watching the show, is that it's more than just an hour a week...there's some serious work going on there, day in - day out!

Looks like they're building a partial caisson. Man, that's gotta be expensive.
edit on 29-8-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join