It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse Of Oak Island

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I think that every time the search is halted in the 10x, to pursue other theories of gold is to extend the life of the show, every season they always bring people with different theories on where the gold is to be found.

With all the satellite and ground technology I am sure that the brothers know exactly what is under the ground.

edit on 16-12-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
While I enjoy watching the series (with FF abilities, as they like to repeat things) I think its just a drawn out version of the Geraldo Rivera Al Capone vault finding.

Why didn't they send an ROV early on instead of 3 seasons deep? Then when they do ,they don't attempt to focus on the floor and look for the so called body?

Yeah, I was wondering the exact same thing. The fact that they didn't look around the floor for the alleged chest AT ALL made me think WTF?? Actually, I'm wondering if they DID look for it but all of that footage was edited out for what could be several reasons....

I wondered the same thing when they did the nuclear MRI which showed diamonds and rubies along the shore or just off the coast. I was wondering why no one went looking for them...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
So they've given up on 10X and are now chasing Aztecs? Okay, whatever.

The look on Marty Lagina's face when the dude started saying it was Aztecs was PRICELESS.... It was plainly obvious that he was biting his tongue and even had to turn his face away to keep from yelling "What a load of bull#!"

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
These guys are pussy footing around. So much water debris and soot down in that hole they cant do anything. Water coming from walls too probably. They will never get it out of there with a hole that small and deep it's to dangerous. They need to widen it. Build a tower on each side of the hole and build a cable line with a hydraulic winch claw digger or whatever and get all the debris & soot you can down to the 27 inch. Send a robot in there and pack that cavern with 200lbs of explosives and blow it F'in sky high. It will destroy everything, but hey gold is gold. Then go in there and dredge it out and sluice it all. Problem fixed. Next hole.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just saw the rover episode.

They lost the post because the ROV driver was disoriented.

It obviously didn't disappear, he got lost.

Can we compare and contrast the Blankenship footage and the sonar results with the rover footage to orient ourselves to the shape of the cavern?

Seems to me they skipped the bottom, and one whole side.

I'd like to match up any features with footage from both dives, did they consider that?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sean
Send a robot in there and pack that cavern with 200lbs of explosives and blow it F'in sky high. It will destroy everything, but hey gold is gold. Then go in there and dredge it out and sluice it all. Problem fixed. Next hole.

Well, sure, gold it gold, but an intact Ark of the Covenant, possibly containing the remains of the Ten Commandments of Moses is arguably worth a lot more than the gold and wood that it was made out of. Same with the Holy Grail, or the mummy of Montezuma. So blowing it up might not be the wisest thing to do.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Roman "sword" and wreck off Island coast thread

They dropped the Lagina brother's name, but apparently the wreck is verified, just not properly surveyed.

Well, now what? LOL

I'd wager its nordic, which may have had the ceremonial dagger as a trophy or something. We know Nords were there, the Roman bit is a little too far off-course IMO

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Well, I'm willing to bet that they DID send the ROV to the bottom, but choose NOT to show the footage on the show. Think about it...the biggest things about that sonar were:

A chest that could be a treasure chest
A body

They didn't look for either one with the ROV. Don't you find that strange?

So...my thought is that they have seen whatever is at the bottom but choose not to make it public at this time because...perhaps...they are trying to understand any potential legal ramifications and best situate themselves to the best outcome in their favor BEFORE making anything public. Some considerations -

An Act to Provide for the Preservation, Regulation and Study of Archaeological and Historical Remains and Palaeontological and Ecological Sites

There was recently a vote that had come up or was coming up which had the potential to shut down the entire search. I can't seem to find the story now and don't have a lot of time to search for it.

Colombia says it found Spanish galleon; U.S. firm claims half of treasure

Something of this nature could also cause problems for the Lagina team. There have been several recent stories of groups (such as SSA in this story) finding treasure and governments swooping in to claim it and take it away.

ETA - I think it's also a possibility that they sent the ROV to the bottom, found nothing, and have chosen to keep it quiet until the end of the season too when they may or may not reveal that 10x is officially off the list. All the drama they poured into Rick vs Marty on the 10x thing could be set up.
edit on 17-12-2015 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don`t know what`s buried there but I`m pretty sure of two things:
1) it ain`t treasure
2) whoever buried it didn`t want it to ever be dug up

When this pit was made, hundreds or maybe even 1000+ years ago, that area island was very remote.There was no need to create such an elaborate pit to hide treasure,because the chance that anyone would accidentally find it was pretty small.
A much less elaborate burial place for treasure would have kept it equally as safe in such a remote location.
such an elaborate treasure pit surely has made it extremely difficult for anyone to recover the "treasure" but it also made it equally as difficult for the people who buried it to recover it.In fact nobody has been able to recover it even to this day, so why would someone bury their treasure in such an elaborate way that even they couldn`t recover it?
nobody would do that especially in such a remote location where the chance of anyone accidentally finding it was practically zero.

Throughout history people have gone to great lengths to protect the things that they love and value,but they have also gone through greater lengths to isolate or destroy things which they fear.
Whatever is in that pit scared the people who buried it to such a degree that they went to such extreme measures as going to a remote island and building an elaborate pit to bury it in to make sure that it would never be found or dug up....or escape!

compare it to how today we go through elaborate measures to bury nuclear waste in remote locations.
edit on 26-12-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

That's an interesting theory and twist...

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

The Necronomicon

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I was thinking around the same lines, finding lost treasures have to follow a protocol specially if artifacts are also part of the findings, for some reason I feel that the team knows exactly what is hidden under the ground or water, I mean with all the technology been used and the experts in the field that has been call for opinions and examinations I am sure they know what they have, specially when 5 million dollars are invested in this treasure hunting.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

But they could have just dropped it in the middle of the ocean.

Unless it's alive and cant be killed.

edit on 31-12-2015 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I am sure they know what they have, specially when 5 million dollars are invested in this treasure hunting.

You mean when the production company has 5 million invested.
This is a TV production about a few men who are looking for treasure.
Not a tv crew tagging behind trying to squeeze in a shot here and there.

The production company holds the purse.
The production company pulls the strings.
You want an ROV fine.
But when we get the shots we need for one episode it goes back.

We all can see the next logical step in the search.
But the company takes things in another direction.
They do this to draw things out and keep you tuning in.
Otherwise you have a 2 hour Nat Geo special. (no profit)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

But they could have just dropped it in the middle of the ocean.

Unless it's alive and cant be killed.

Sounds like the next Syfy movie...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: samkent

I know that is money behind those pulling the strings on the show, that is why like you said they keep jumping around.

But the two brothers and their partners also has invested personal money, that is the part that tells me that they have found what they are looking for, but the production wants more air time.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Could be a dragon at the bottom a pregnant one really pissed off!! End of the world type one

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have only see a couple of episodes so maybe one of you can enlighten me.

How did people a hundred years ago dig a hole/place beams/create a room 100+ feet below the surface of a body of water that's only 50 feet away?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: samkent

It's more than a hundred years. The assumption is the bottom of the pit was dry, until the builders installed the flood tunnels as booby traps, these tunnels are verified.

To another poster above regarding no one ever solving the riddle of stopping the flooding water...One of the most recent shows revealed a plan to dig small bore holes in a circular pattern around the pit. Then, pump a super cooled liquid into each of these pipes. This would freeze the ground around the pit so hard, it would block any water flow. Then, dig it all up. Sounds expensive but do-able.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

Let no forget that is reason to believe that the swamp is man made, that the Island was actually divided into two.

In the last episode they verified also that the outside of the swam that connects to the ocean is man made, as it shows as anomalies under the water that could only happen if it was a huge mud slide coming from a hill and the Island have no such hill by the swamp.

edit on 2-1-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join