It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse Of Oak Island

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm not saying its not scripted the show would be real boring if it was just everyone saying (wot now ?) The fact is u don't buy most of an island and dig holes with expensive machinery to get a TV series.
Bare in mind the activity that went on around and in this island justifies the search,thee brothers have a genuine love for the search and u feel that apprehension on the screen I hope they make 20 seasons and don't find anything the mystery's always better then reality.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Afterdisclosure
I hope they make 20 seasons and don't find anything the mystery's always better then reality.

Tell that to Mel Fisher....

In all honesty, I'm genuinely surprised that viewership has grown year over year despite them not really finding anything at all except wood and, well.....more wood.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If there is tunnel under swamp they should be able to find it outside the swamp.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I've always thought the swamp was the key to the whole mystery...

it makes the most sense.... oak island was two islands close together...

someone sailed a ship in between the two islands... blocked off both ends and scuttled the ship, then buried it...

makes so much more sense then digging a hole 170 some odd feet down, considering we have trouble doing that these days

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So I have a prediction.... The previews have made it clear that the OI team finds a tunnel and where that tunnel leads is going to solve the whole mystery.

My prediction is that the tunnel in question is related to the newly "re-identified" Shaft 9....and that it leads....wait for it.

Nowhere.

I think this entire season will be about the team trying to uncover and follow Shaft 9....which is supposed to lead to the Money pit. However, I don't think it is going to lead to treasure or anything else.

So....they also brought up the expedition of the Duc d'Anville again last night.....along with a new naval historian who indicated the structures in Smith's Cove are part of a water battery.

This brings up some additional theories... The historian claimed that when William Pepperrell took Louisbourg, that the town's riches had already been hidden away. From the small bit of searching I did, I read a different story entirely. I read that Pepperrell was "ordered not to loot the town." Source

Regardless, I think there are two options here -

1. Louisbourg's "riches" were hidden on Oak Island....either by Pepperrell or the townspeople.

2. That the Duc d'Anville buried something there (also alleged in the show).

Given that either of these theories could be true (and probably FAR more likely than the Ark of the Covenant.....), who's to say that someone didn't go back later and recover whatever was buried LONG before Daniel McGinnis found the alleged pit in the ground?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

originally posted by: Afterdisclosure
I hope they make 20 seasons and don't find anything the mystery's always better then reality.

Tell that to Mel Fisher....

In all honesty, I'm genuinely surprised that viewership has grown year over year despite them not really finding anything at all except wood and, well.....more wood.

Well, they did find more wood. This wood is in some interesting places and hopefully will lead to finding the pit and the drain system, which was what they implied tonight. Where they go if true, well, I don't know what the plan of action is after that.

Something like tar paper throws me off, where did that come from?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well, some interesting finds - more wood and iron with mercury.

That was a crazy hole tonight. That was cool, whatever it was.

Wonder if anything will happen there this year. Might not happen.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The mercury should be further analyzed to see if was once in an almalgam, used to extract gold from objects not solid gold.

This would invoke some speculation that if some of the treasure was found, those who found it may have melted objects that were solid gold into ingots, as well as recovering gold plated or filled gold from materials by processing it with mercury.

Hope it is not true, but it needs to be addressed.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So far, everything they have "found" supports my theory... Most of the wood and metal seem to date to the mid-1700's... Again, why does no one mentioned therefore that it is REASONABLE that all the activity on OI could relate to military and/or historical activity surrounding the frequent skirmishes between the French and British/American colonists during the French & Indian Wars or otherwise pre-Revolutionary War?

I am not impressed by most of the artifacts such as the iron cross... Who's to say that some poor bloke who was gang pressed into serving on a ship didn't drop or lose his poor great+ grandmother's cross while trying to pull a ship ashore to make repairs? There's a million different ways those artifacts could have ended up there and none of them cohesively tell the story they want you to believe....

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
So what y'all think? Been a lot of interesting finds yet it seems they are just adding pieces to the puzzle.

The hook was a nice find. The notch theory makes sense but might not be true, as with this all.

Bell, well that's really intriguing with that bloody tunnel there. Not much of a reason to have that in your house so why the hell is it there?

This is so much fun. I dig puzzles and this is one helluva one.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
So far, everything they have "found" supports my theory... Most of the wood and metal seem to date to the mid-1700's... Again, why does no one mentioned therefore that it is REASONABLE that all the activity on OI could relate to military and/or historical activity surrounding the frequent skirmishes between the French and British/American colonists during the French & Indian Wars or otherwise pre-Revolutionary War?

I am not impressed by most of the artifacts such as the iron cross... Who's to say that some poor bloke who was gang pressed into serving on a ship didn't drop or lose his poor great+ grandmother's cross while trying to pull a ship ashore to make repairs? There's a million different ways those artifacts could have ended up there and none of them cohesively tell the story they want you to believe....

But there is no real reason on such a small island to build tunnels that deep for a battle or really anything except treasure.

I think that is the only reason I keep watching....simply because I can't think of any other reason to have 100+ foot deep tunnels on such a small space.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I can't believe you guys have bought into this myth.
Never mind watching the show for this many years.

Please explain how anyone could dig over 20 feet down just 100 feet from the ocean?
You guys have to get a grip on reality.
They have been stroking you year after year.

I'll sell you the lease to the bridge for OI and you can put up a toll booth.

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
Please explain how anyone could dig over 20 feet down just 100 feet from the ocean?

And yet it's being done. Looks like you need to do better than that.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Sure there is.....just look back to my comments about William Pepperell that are posted a few comments above. Or go to this link - www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not arguing that someone went underground for some purpose. It is clear that they did....

My point with the post above is that there WERE legitimate reasons to hide [insert various theories here] from the area which were directly tied to ongoing military skirmishes prior to McGinnis finding the "pit." We have no reason to suspect that whomever buried something there didn't ALSO go back and retrieve it.... And if it were the town's riches or even something significant tied to Duc d'Anville, it seems obvious that it was also retrieved based upon the lack of them finding anything except wood timbers.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
I've always thought the swamp was the key to the whole mystery...

it makes the most sense.... oak island was two islands close together...

someone sailed a ship in between the two islands... blocked off both ends and scuttled the ship, then buried it...

makes so much more sense then digging a hole 170 some odd feet down, considering we have trouble doing that these days

I think its more likely they disassembled the ship for lumber than burned it, but otherwise this is almost certainly what happened. Even looking at an areal view of Oak Island it looks like two smaller islands with a low-lying area of fill in-between.

In any event, they've found a huge number of ship spikes and other evidence of the presence of a large sailing ship in the swamp, which given the history of the island has no explanation other than European activity on the island decades before it should have happened.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Not before powered pumps.
And that's the point.

The whole show is based on something that could not happen in that
day and age.
edit on 23-4-2020 by samkent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I think its more likely they disassembled the ship for lumber than burned it, but otherwise this is almost certainly what happened. Even looking at an areal view of Oak Island it looks like two smaller islands with a low-lying area of fill in-between.

In any event, they've found a huge number of ship spikes and other evidence of the presence of a large sailing ship in the swamp, which given the history of the island has no explanation other than European activity on the island decades before it should have happened.

I do agree it seems there was a ship there of some sort and what happened to it is just a guess. There's also the tree stump there that should help in understanding what happened there. See what kind of info in this last episode we can get as there will most likely be little to no action this year on the island, hence no season next year.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent

Not before powered pumps.
And that's the point.

The whole show is based on something that could not happen in that
day and age.

And yet they are pulling up hand-hewn timber tunnel framing 100 feet deep. It didn't grow there into lumber and stack itself up into a tunnel. Treasure or not, there was a bunch of tunnels dug before powered pumps. You should probably do a bit of research on tunnels, water penetration and soil types before posting more. The later searcher tunneling is well-documented and lots of that was dug very deep without pumps. None of this is out of line with technology of the day. The only real question is why?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
History of Water Lifting

People have been moving water for thousands of years before the advent of modern water pumps....

I'm sure this "technology" was nothing groundbreaking to anyone in the 17th century.....even in the New World.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I'm sure this "technology" was nothing groundbreaking to anyone in the 17th century.....even in the New World.

Irrigating a field with a mule is one thing.
But pumping a tunnel with water and mud flowing 24/7 is a different matter.

You don't try to go through that just to hide a treasure.
But you do bury the treasure 6 feet down inland and tell them it's 100 feet down on an island.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join