It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was prehistoric monument in Golan Heightsbuilt by the giants of the Bible?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Rujm el-Hiri ,translated as the "stone heap of the wild cat", the complex has five concentric circles, the largest more than 500 feet (152 m) wide, and a massive burial chamber in the middle. Its Hebrew name Gilgal Refaim, or "wheel of giants", refers to the race of giants of old testament fame.

www.reuters.com...

There is some supporting biblical evidence that the giants,also referred to as the Nefilim or "Nephilim", were the builders the Circle of the Refaim.

In Genisis “the Refaim inhabit the place called Ashtherot-Karnaim. Just ten miles from the rings is the site of an ancient Canaanite city called Ashtherot”.

In Joshua ,King Og of Bashan the last of the Refaim, who lived at Ashtarot, ruled a territory stretching From Mount Hermon to far into the north.

The most explicit description of the size of the people of Bashan is found in Deuteronomy 3. “King Og‘s iron bedstead is kept at Rabbah, and measures thirteen and a half feet long and six feet wide.” The Refaim “were a large and powerful tribe, as tall as the Anakim (giants).

The site is up to 5,000 years old, according to most estimates, meaning it was built around the time of England's Stonehenge.

And like Stonehenge the site seems to have astrological significance, on the shortest and longest days of the year , June and December solstices , the sunrise lines up with openings in the rocks.

The site is now used for training by Israel's military.

www.fallenangels-ckquarterman.com...

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The Bible is not a historical narrative, and there most certainly were not any 'giants' living 5,000 years ago.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

yeah... the giants were around 15,000 years ago, not 5,000... like, duh!

(Kidding... i wasn't there, and thus don't know fer sure)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: thebabyseagull

It's composed of thousands of tons of small rocks... the kind you and I could carry easily. The sort of thing that a small group of people could construct in a week or so.

Why do you think it's giants? The burial chamber there isn't for a giant.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
No, no giants here. Move along.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
The Bible is not a historical narrative, and there most certainly were not any 'giants' living 5,000 years ago.

Soo says the wise eyeball who was alive back then and witnessed it all.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I see no one told you giants are a taboo subject on ATS. Subject to ridicule and marginalization. Kind of like statues on Mars. It wouldn't surprise me if there were some big fellas running around at some point in history, but I don't think they're responsible for this. As Byrd said, the stones that make it up were more likely carried by people of average height and size. I also think some references to giants could have been referring to status, rather than size. Kind of like the old quote; "Standing on the shoulders of giants." Interesting find. Thanks for posting it.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
good gravy....we're covered up in giant skeletons in the U S A.....Texas.....18 foot near Possom Kingdom Lake.....12 footers in the south and 11 footers by the dozen in old news papers....I live right near Rockwall Texas....huge cover-up by the Smithsonian

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Current evidence points to no. It's made of tiny rocks, and is in no way outside the capabilities of you and I (and a few friends) to put together given enough time.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Don't be discouraged, I like the connections you have made and it seems a logical thought. However, you must be a believer in the Book to think so, and the vast majority on this site have no faith. I do believe in biblical Giants and so have many others...including Abe Lincoln who knew a little about the Giants of North America.

Nice job

S & F

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

The Bible is not a historical narrative,

And yet archeaology has only verified the history in it's record.
Without ever once finding a single artifact that would bring
it's accurracy into question. Ur for example.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

>Why do you think it's giants?

You misrepresent me,I didn't say it was giants.

I presented the theory to ATS along with what supporting textual evidence i could find for you guys to either add to or debunk it.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I have been away from ATS for a few years now but what you describe is an issue not just with ATS but i would say a lot of paranormal related sights on the internet

The militant skeptics know hold sway and they dont like any discussion of paranormal issues unless its strictly to debunk them.

Do i think giants built this monument?

No.

Do think "giants could have ever lived on our planet?"

On this i am undecided,but i think ATS is the place to discuss such issues and i make no aplogzies for posting this thread.

Glad you enjoyed it.
edit on 12-11-2015 by thebabyseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

>However, you must be a believer in the Book to think so

I believe that old testament of the bible is a sort of distorted historical document and that some of the events described in it have their origins in truth.

And i do like to toy about with the idea of a race of giants that once shared the planet with us.

But I am in no way a supporter of any organized religion.I cannot stress this enough.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

So based on the size of the monument, we assume it was giants? Is that the most logical explanation?

I guess so, as the ladder was only invented in 1981 by Mr. Tom Ladder, of Laddersville, Idaho.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Maybe they were killed off in the Crusades or at least population control of the giants,and honestly why is it so hard to believe that giants roamed the earth we have people now nba stars etc that are almost seven ft tall or better I'm only 5'8 to me that's giant, back then people lived off the land ate healthy so with a healthy diet comes healthy bodies and constantly fighting to survive swinging heavy swords its gonna build muscle, but thats just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

No but what i have presented is historic textual evidence as to the people who lived in the area around the time of the construction.That historic textual evidence says giants populated they area.

Along with local tales ,the place is called "wheel of giants".

How long has been called this?

Is "wheel of giants" a biblical reference or from a time before the bible.

I dont believe giants built the monument but i do think the site is worthy of discussion from a paranormal perspective.
edit on 12-11-2015 by thebabyseagull because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Leprekon

Yes that's what i imagine a race of the large humans that are not genetically different from us.People who were not as big would view them as giants.There size would give them an advantage in warfare thus they would benefit from all the societal advantages that come with being the victor more food ,higher standard of living ,the bounty of war.To outsiders these"giants would appear to be an advanced race.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Really? Statues on mars taboo on ATS? And subject to ridicule and marginalization - well I'm sure there are artifacts and possibly statues on mars so whatever.
I don't think every rock or geological naturally formed pattern is some kind of artifact, statue or evidence that mars had a past civilization but I personally believe that it did have at one time.
edit on 12-11-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

There are literally dozens of historical inaccuracies in the bible, some I could imagine as genuine mistake, and a few that are pure deception.
There are places named correctly in the bible, but with an obvious ignorance of their location, such as Mark not knowing the geography of the Palestine/Galilee/Tyre/Sidon regions, and the historical fact that the bible places the census 10 years early, as opposed to before Herrod.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join