It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Dairy got Introduced into our Diets

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daavin
I stand corrected thank you sir...

No worries.

...but it also says that milk does not contain vitamin d naturally and is added for Heath reasons, therefore the OP's statement of why man started to drink milk for the vitamin d is erroneous.

Yeah, the whole issue of accuracy was handled in the subsequent posts. The theory has no basis in fact.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

I don't know how it got introduced into our diet. What's I find more disturbing is the first brave soul that said to someone way back when... "You see that cow over there? I'm going to pull on those things dangling from its belly and what ever comes out of it I'm drinking it."

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
What's I find more disturbing is the first brave soul that said to someone way back when... "You see that cow over there? I'm going to pull on those things dangling from its belly and what ever comes out of it I'm drinking it."

Mammalian milk is all rather similar. Why would they expect it to be vastly different from human milk?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My personal theory is that people who were nomadic used every part of the animal, including their products of lactation, no matter where in the world they happened to be from. It's no different from African herders using the blood of the their cattle ... well really any farming culture that makes blood products for consumption ... Waste not, want not.
edit on 11-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I didn't get a good copy of the mutation, I am lactose intolerant. It helps keep me from getting constipated anyway, a toxin to me that is a medicine. Now the vitamin D in milk is a fat soluable vitamin, so taking out the butter and cream actually lowers the content. The vitamin D still needs the sun to work though. The pure active form of vitamin D is found in spuds, that doesn't need the sun. A lot of finish people consume potatoes which keeps them from getting SAD.

Remember, the people who can digest lactose still can have multiple other metabolic issues with milk. Milk contains chemistry that calms people. This is well known, that is why they subsidize milk....to calm the citizens and keep them from crying like a baby.

Milk can also contribute to autoimmune issues by introducing a protein sugar into the body that triggers activation of our immune system. Milk has good and bad points. It is an antidote for many toxins. I could go on for ten paragraphs just explaining some of these things. Even if you are not lactose intolerant, overconsumption can still cause a variety of problems that don't even seem like they could be related.

It is important to note that Northern Europeans did not drink milk with each meal that often. The water was severely poluted in some places and milk was a better option even with it's side effects. I have multiple issues with milk, but I still drink some of it. It is better than that soy crap or the almond milk with it's sunflower lecthicin which triggers my ragweed allergies. Milk also stimulates mucus production in the body and that can be beneficial or it can cause headaches and a cough. We need mucus, just not too much of it.
edit on 11-11-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
Yes, but regardless of how white someone's skin is, the fact of the matter is that the sun is not high enough in the sky to produce vitamin D for the 6 winter months in that region. "In the UK, our skin isn't able to make vitamin D from winter sunlight (November to March) as the sunlight hasn't got enough UVB (ultraviolet B) radiation." www.nhs.uk...

So if you doubt they would be thinking about vitamin D, think again; the Europeans were not dumb and considering the importance this vitamin has on our health and mental well being, to go a whole 6 months without it would sabotage their health, hence the need to add diary to their diets.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
People have been drinking milk from the time they domesticated animals this goes for all people of all colours and creeds. It was an extra renewable resource they could harvest that was high in fat, a win win if you will.

Plenty of middle eastern people drink milk from cows and goats every day. Their skin colour has remained intact and I am sure they where doing it just as long if not longer than than Europeans.

It seems that the cultures with lots of domestic animals have no problem drinking milk.

Scape goat the current selection of dairy on the white man/Europeans/western culture all you like no one forces you to like it or eat/drink it.

As for cheese once dipped in wax and store at a cool temperature it can be preserved for years it was done for survival on long journeys and at sea.

But what do I know I am just a red meat eating,milk drinking savage who will never give up his yogurt!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

goat and sheep as well as horse milk

I really do draw the line at horse milk .

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It is better than that soy crap or the almond milk with it's sunflower lecthicin which triggers my ragweed allergies.

I tasted some fresh, home made almond milk a few months ago at a farmer's ameket, it was really good. Nothing else added, just almonds and water. Pity the place that makes it is 300 miles away. Anyone living in Cal could make a real killing out of this.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
People have been drinking milk from the time they domesticated animals this goes for all people of all colours and creeds. It was an extra renewable resource they could harvest that was high in fat, a win win if you will.

Plenty of middle eastern people drink milk from cows and goats every day. Their skin colour has remained intact and I am sure they where doing it just as long if not longer than than Europeans.

It seems that the cultures with lots of domestic animals have no problem drinking milk.

Scape goat the current selection of dairy on the white man/Europeans/western culture all you like no one forces you to like it or eat/drink it.

As for cheese once dipped in wax and store at a cool temperature it can be preserved for years it was done for survival on long journeys and at sea.

But what do I know I am just a red meat eating,milk drinking savage who will never give up his yogurt!

Yes, you are quite right. The people like you faired much better than their lactose intolerant counterparts. They lived much longer and healthier lives. There is much study of this. Turkey seems to be the place where the mutation occurred that allowed people to drink milk. It was a source of hydration, too, when no clean water available. In times of little food there was available this nutritious drink and all the other food products that can be made with it. The other wonder food is chickens (and eggs).

Moooo! Thanks cows, sheep and goats!

edit on 12-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

It never harmed old Ghenigis but yeah I would not fancy any either, still horses do eat grass and our ancestors ate them before they realised you could ride them.
www.slate.com...
I would not eat horse either though, just feel's very wrong to me.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
There is so much cheese consumed in my household.

It can't be helped.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Thankfully Irish cream whisky is not on the ^lactose^ list

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The Chinese and Epytians were eating cheese products in the second millenia BC, long before the 'white man' corrupted their diet.

Cheese is delicious. I don't drink milk, though. I just don't like it.

Interesting how a vegan always manages to mention that they're a vegan. LOL

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Yeah buddy. I am not a yuge drinker but I get Baileys in the 1.75 liter bottles. Much better value.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
How does 65% of the population translate to "most human beings"?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighDesertPatriot
Interesting how a vegan always manages to mention that they're a vegan. LOL

Sort of like the old joke; A vegan an Atheist and a cross-fitter walk into a bar. I knew they this becasue they all told me within five minutes.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Humans are the only ones to drink milk into adulthood / from other animals because...
WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN
I would bet that if other animals figured out how to get more milk after mommy cuts them off, they would drink it as adults too.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This thread reminded me of those almond milk commercials, which say "100% milk without the lactose." Umm, isn't "milk" without lactose just milk-flavored water? Fruit juice without fructose is just flavored water right?

On topic, I agree with others. I think it just started as a way to milk, pun intended, everything out of their livestock as possible. Pretty much free fat and sugar is always better than having to expend energy to go find it.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Another wonderful thing about the human body is our brain. We have figured out how to remove lactose from milk so we can enjoy it in cooking, over oatmeal or just sip on a glass.

...if we are not on an unnatural Vegan diet that is
(just kidding of course)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join