It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan slayings linked to Islamic State touch off huge protests in Kabul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
For those I repeatedly see posting that they do not see the Muslims protesting against the horrendous acts of ISIS, et al, I wanted to post this most recent story along those lines. If you are looking to point a finger, the MSM is a better target of your ire IMO. I have not seen this news story plastered all over the news today....yet, this is only one of many that occur regularly that answers that sentiment.

The demonstration — one of the largest in recent years in Afghanistan — highlighted growing discontent at the government’s inability to counter groups such as the Taliban and Islamic State-inspired factions. It also underscored the unease among the country’s minorities, which are increasingly fearful of being targeted by militants.

The protesters, estimated at more than 10,000, were demanding stronger government action to combat what many Afghans fear is a rise in sectarian violence. The Hazaras, an ethnic minority comprising mostly Shiite Muslims, have long suffered persecution under various Afghan governments, particularly during the Taliban’s rule in the 1990s. A spate of violence this year has included several attacks against Hazaras.

Full News Story

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

You are totally correct in what you have said. Due to the msm not mentioning this many around the world are still ignorant to the fact that these hired terrorists do not represent Islam.

These people who are standing up to these evil thugs need encouragement for their bravery. They will not allow the killings of innocents to be carried out under their religion. Furthermore the msm need to be held accountable by the public and either demand proper coverage or refuse to buy/follow their information.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I commend these people for this.

But there is something amiss. We are constantly told that the minority are ISIS. The Majority are against them, yet the article states it is minority groups who are protesting?

What is more, is that it took the death of people directly involved for them to rally.

I commend them for the protest against the criminal ISIS thugs.. but it's hardly an uprising against extremist elements, and more an act in response to their own being killed.

When we hear groups protest, as we see them protest en masse for things such as a teddy bear named mohammod, or a movie, or a cartoon.. then we will see change...

-eta Instead we see where we should expect to see these protests, silence and 'lone wolf' elements heading off to join ISIS.

Inconsistent, if you ask me, given the majority are against the thugs hijacking their religion.

edit on 11-11-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

When they are talking about minorities they are talking about Christians etc.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

These are the groups the US should be funding. The ones that want peace. Not ISIS.

I do believe Islamic nations can live peacefully but only if we (As in corrupt western governments, not the people) stop supporting stupid anti government militant groups and leave them the hell alone to live how they want.

top topics

join