It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convict sues after being denied sex change - wants Nebraska tax money to pay for it

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
A: Why?

Did this person seek treatment before being incarcerated? Or is it simply a convenience for them now, to evade being put in with male population who will not be very nice it it.

Why should the tax payer foot the bill for this personals personal choice? Because they said so? They were quite happy to rape a 3 year old boy with the given equipment they had, seemed to work in their favour then...

B: And so? She identifies as female?

I identify as the HULK. Where is my muscle augmentation and hue therapy? You going to pay for it, or do I need to bash someone up first and get sent to prison.. then it's somehow the thing to do!

The 'small breasted woman' thing is not gender dysphoria.

So you're saying women with small breasts do not suffer?

What will happen to this criminal - be they sex offender, murderer or thief - if they don't have this surgery? And why are you so eager to support them?

This discussion was useful, but when those who lack logic persist, it becomes an exercise in futility. It also removed itself from the original question. But some just cannot help themselves.

It was useful? You mean it was a bunch of people saying how this pervert should be given an operation that is NOT required, in order to make them feel good about themselves and how everyone else should pay for it, and all subsequent things.

OP asked a question. The following people wont let anyone else have a differing opinion.

How useful is a one sided agreement?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul

This person is a she.
Who would sue for all of this surgery if they weren't serious?

A sexual deviant may. I've seen far worse done on BME websites.

It's a he.

It's a She. If you aren't willing to join us in the 21st century, then stay back there, wherever you are.

And I don't know what a BME website is nor do I want to know what sites you visit.

It's a HE. A deviant that is seeking your support to protect itself.

Did it seek this treatment prior to being arrested and incarcerated?

If not, then it's completely opportunistic.

Don't try to paint me as someone who disagrees with gender reassignment. I am not fussed by it at all, but when a god damn pervert i s using it, and getting support, expect opposition.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

The OP asked the question, I answered it, now I'm in no position to have an opinion?

Obviously you are not interested in reading or trying to understand others' posts carefully.

That person has never stated that you are not in a position to have an opinion.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Thank goodness you are not our Universal Dictator and we have systems of law and medical science in place to answer these questions then.

Clinical evaluation is the first step.

Hey if it were up to me that scum would be expired by now.

This would not even be an issue.

As I said. Glad you aren't in charge.

Ponder question for you: aren't you glad we have a system of laws which prevent such actions, because, not for nothing, someone or society at large might arbitrarily decide that you deserve execution yourself?

Thus, laws.

So you're saying that raping a 3 year old child is just a normal thing then?

I'm not really following your logic.. seems .. confused, like the criminal topic of this tread.

And that there are people supporting this deviants obvious attempts to swindle the system.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

To answer the question you asked twice, the inmate claims they sought treatment prior to incarceration. Whether the inmate actually did or not remains to be seen.

To me, the inmate seems to be checking the boxes. Sought treatment, longtime issue, etc. But then the inmate turns around and says "hey I've got free health care now so now's the time!"

And that causes me to question the validity of everything. If that's the case, as Gryphon posted, any competent medical authority should be able to determine it one way or the other.

(post by laminatedsoul removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Or is it simply a convenience for them now, to evade being put in with male population who will not be very nice it it.

You seem to think that anyone can all of sudden decide to have that surgery and they will go right ahead and do it. As other posters have stated few times - it is a long process.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

The OP asked the question, I answered it, now I'm in no position to have an opinion?

Obviously you are not interested in reading or trying to understand others' posts carefully.

That person has never stated that you are not in a position to have an opinion.

OP posts the story, ends with :

So there you have it, Nebraskans. A prisoner has decided that you should pay for them to have gender reassignment surgery because reasons.

I give my opinion on the matter and get this in reply:

You are in no position to pass sentence or pick medical procedures

This is why you don't work for a prison and I hope not the government.

This discussion was useful, but when those who lack logic persist, it becomes an exercise in futility.

If you aren't willing to join us in the 21st century, then stay back there, wherever you are.

As I said. Glad you aren't in charge.

I think there are several comic book characters you would get on with.

Seems pretty clear to me that unless I agree with those who would let a convicted child offender waste tax payers money to feel better about themselves, I should not be involved in the topic.

Seems pretty sickening to me the way they justify it also.

Again, the back patting crowds who cannot tolerate difference of opinion, prefer to push people out of their rose coloured little world.

Fine.
edit on 11-11-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Or is it simply a convenience for them now, to evade being put in with male population who will not be very nice it it.

You seem to think that anyone can all of sudden decide to have that surgery and they will go right ahead and do it. As other posters have stated few times - it is a long process.

One that should not be footed by the tax payer.

Not for a bank robber, nor a rapist, or murderer. it is not a life threatening surgery.

But by all means, it's up to the doctor to tell you that suddenly you may have to foot the bill for this creature to feel better about themselves while they spend 70 years in prison for child sex offences.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ

For a trans* person, sex reassignment would not merely be a "personal choice surgery" comparable as one poster has asininely suggested to breast augmentation.

Sex reassignment is not a simple matter of "feeling better" about one's self, but a complicated, long-term, painful, and unpleasant treatment for a deep, psychologically and physiologically compelling reality.

I do understand what goes into the situation, have close friend going though the hormone treatments right now because she felt the was suppose to be a guy. But she did not commit an act of wrong against another person for the funding. She worked her bottom off, and found sponsorship to afford the whole thing. I see the prisoner topic above and the situation with the pow whats his name trying to game the system as disgusting. They are not normal people who do it right. I even proposed a way a person could have gone about doing it right above. I am not against the prisoner getting the change, even encouraging the required counselling, Just not the hormone treatments and the actual procedure on other people who are unwilling to help's dime.

But it still comes down to a choice, are you going to do it or not. Some feel like there is no choice but it is still ultimately a choice if one is to change and feel normal or not to change and feel out of their own skin and accept the hand they were dealt. Just as simple as the choice for a smoker to buy a pack or not. Just as simple as a drunk to buy a beer or not. In this matter as with the last two examples I gave there is no have to do it, there is only the choice to do it.

So Yes this is a Personal Elective Surgery not a Life or Death by their own biological system matter.

CoBaZ

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

By those posts it is pretty clear that they are glad you are not in position of authority, be it in prison, in the government, in the medical profession, etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Now you're the "victim"? You just blew that whole big tough masculine thing you had going right out of the water, big time.

Be honest; what bothers you more, the fact that we're discussing a convicted child molester or their claim that they're trans*?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

I think you misunderstood my point.

Would you characterize your friend who has worked so hard to afford the painful process he's going through as merely having "personal choice surgery"?

Is your friend going through all this simply to "feel better"?

That's my point.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

One that should not be footed by the tax payer.

Not for a bank robber, nor a rapist, or murderer. it is not a life threatening surgery.

But by all means, it's up to the doctor to tell you that suddenly you may have to foot the bill for this creature to feel better about themselves while they spend 70 years in prison for child sex offences.

Your opinion is noted. However, you do not have a full medical understanding of this situation. I try to read and understand the phenomenon of transgenderism. The constant insistence of calling transgender people "it" or calling them "he" or "she" due to their physical sex shows the unwillingness to try and understand.

edit on 11/11/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
He was born a male. It's sad his parents failed him to become a man, accountable for his own actions. But why again, do the tax payers have to pay for his, doctor assisted mutilation? We used to have standards in this country.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

In all honesty, I was there for her though much of the turmoil in making that choice, and yes (I still call him her because old habits die hard I still slip up when it is just me and him drinking) he will say it is the best "Choice" he ever made to feel better about himself like things actually fit in his life now. And that was a discussion we had a lot before during and here near the end. The worst part is when I say over beers it is just me drinking he has to do it over water until the treatment and surgery is done.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ

In all honesty, I was there for her though much of the turmoil in making that choice, and yes (I still call him her because old habits die hard I still slip up when it is just me and him drinking) he will say it is the best "Choice" he ever made to feel better about himself like things actually fit in his life now. And that was a discussion we had a lot before during and here near the end. The worst part is when I say over beers it is just me drinking he has to do it over water until the treatment and surgery is done.

Changes like this aren't easy on anyone involved in the situation. Sounds like he's lucky to have you as a friend. Think about it this way: it probably took them their whole life to understand what was going on and a good share of bravery to face up to what needed to happen and it sounds like you were there for them.

You probably haven't had that same kind of time to get used to the idea. It's okay to be confused and hurt, you get to be human too.

Best of luck to both of you.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Understand? It's called insane. Not really anything to understand. You don't even need a degree...to understand. Oh wait! Sorry, maybe you do. Let him be a "gay" man in prison. He'll be just fine. After all, he is a woman? And there are lots of Menths there...? Lol! Don't waist your time on this loon... The only reason his story made the news is to spark controversies and to suck libs like you in, to spread it.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You were there for "her"? You're as nuts as HIM.

(post by Gryphon66 removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join