It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Proverbs 3;5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

The system is built on understanding and look what disgust it causes. Buddhism teaches us to quiet the mind, but is that all that there is to it? Its purpose is to live from the heart. To become a man of deeds instead of a man of words. Faith without works is dead. All things of the mind are illusion. Let's say you have sex in your mind with somebody. Do you see it was not real? You did not have sex with the person, you were only imagining it. It's sad the illusion is taken for real and how it is based on fear. And the mind dissapoints time after time.

Wars are based on what? On understanding?

The heart knows what the mind thinks it knows and sometimes making no sense makes sense to people.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ladybug201

You get the prize for being number one funniest Christian Evangelical Thread of The Year!

This is what clinched the deal:

"Faith without works is dead. All things of the mind are illusion. Let's say you have sex in your mind with somebody. Do you see it was not real? You did not have sex with the person, you were only imagining it."

I'm sure St James would heartily approve!

Do you realise how hilarious that is?

I take my hat off to you and bow low for making me laugh so much!

edit on 11-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
You get the prize for being number one funniest Christian Evangelical Thread of The Year!

No, I think this is a Buddhist evangelical thread. The clues are in "Buddha teaches" and the talk about illusion.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Proverbs 14:15
The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps.

The heart knows what the mind thinks it knows and sometimes making no sense makes sense to people.

Sometimes making sense is sensible if you want what you say to be understandable.

edit on 11-11-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

No, I think this is a Buddhist evangelical thread. The clues are in "Buddha teaches" and the talk about illusion.

No it is a mixture. The OP is quoting OT Proverbs and NT James and with just a sprinkle of Buddha. The last line is Buddhist.

Are you quoting Proverbs and James as something not to be and Buddha as the thing to be OP? I am really stoned, sorry, talking of BUDdha haha!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: spygeek

Sometimes making sense is sensible if you want what you say to be understandable.

See Mr Disraeli, these guys are quoting Hebrew Proverbs. That is not very Buddhist is it?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

The thing that is confusing me is the James bit and I guess that, alongside the title, has led me to a fair assumption of there being a Christian tone to this thread. That coupled with the sermonic ambience of the thread is what got me describing it in the jocular manner of my original comment - "evangelical". Is that anal enough for you Mr Disraeli?

Perhaps indeed it is a confutation of Hebraic and Christian spiritual insight in contrast to Buddhist insight? Which is it OP?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9
My experience on ATS is that a multiplicity of religious activists, rejecting the Christian viewpoint, quote Biblical texts to back themelves up, and don't understand why it's incongruous.
If Karl Marx was on ATS, he would quote a Biblical text for "you must nationalise the means of production".
So the fact that quotations are being made proves nothing in itself.
There was no particular Christian orientation in the point which the opening post was trying to prove.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: spygeek

See Mr Disraeli, these guys are quoting Hebrew Proverbs. That is not very Buddhist is it?

What's funny is tha I subscribe more to Buddhist philosophy than any kind of theological doctrine..
I choose to quote that proverb to demonstrate to the op the contradiction inherent in their chosen thread topic and source material..

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Perhaps Jesus was a disciple of Buddha, ever thought of that?

This (free) movie, always fascinated me.

Very low budget but done with some good actors.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: truthseeker84
Perhaps Jesus was a disciple of Buddha, ever thought of that?

This (free) movie, always fascinated me.

Very low budget but done with some good actors.

Love that movie, very thought provoking, one of the better works to come out of Jerome Bixby.

I recall reading an article presenting evidence to suggest Jesus may have studied eastern philosophy if not physically travelled to India as a disciple. It's definitely a possibility.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Many people seem to reply without understanding what you said..

I don't understand everything you said.. but the idea is interesting - that the heart knows better than the mind.

----

On the other hand sometimes it seems that reason saves us from the heart (feeling and emotions).

edit on 11-11-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The heart should always lead you in understanding, not the mind. If in your mind you believe something but in your heart it doesn't make much sense, always go with what your heart is trying to tell you, it usually knows best.

Nice thread. S&F

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Heart is a muscle as far as i know... no thinking happens there.
Warm feeling in heart love, affection is caused by brain spiced with hormones due the thinking.

But the idea is what counts

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

The heart has neurons in it though, as does the gut. "Go with your gut" and "go with your heart" might have something to them after all.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: spygeek

His brother Thomas (known from the Nag Hammadi texts), was send to India by 'The Savior' upon or after his death.

There is a church that was established by Thomas in Kerala, southern India during the times of Jesus/'The Savior'.

The story passed down from over 2000 years ago was that he arrived there and established the church. He was eventually murdered by Brahman priests. The church is still there and there is a Christian community there. It is curious why he sent his brother to India.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Gut feeling is a english thing.. we don´t have it here lol
Does it mean when you gut thinks it has dhiarrea? It is a intresting saying.

Sorry i forgot the neurons.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
While the gut and the heart do have their own neuronic system and can be said to have their own "intelligence", it is the brain that interprets the signals sent by them and it is the brain that does the conscious "understanding".

Trust your heart or follow your gut are simply turns of phrase which basically encourage you to go with your instincts when deciding who to trust or love or what action to take.. There is no way to literally "know" what the heart "thinks", outside of neurocardiology. I suspect the gut "thinks" mostly about crap.. Or mine does, anyway. xD

I kinda understand what the op is trying to say, I think.. The quoted passage instructs one to accept and trust the Lord fully and without question, and to learn not from your own understanding of the universe but from His.. The problem I have is that whenever I have a question about something, He is nowhere to be found. All I've got to go on is a very very old record of alleged correspondence He had with people millennia ago..

In His absence I think I will rely on good old fashioned scientific knowledge and the lessons imparted by qualified professionals.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It means butterflies, chills, racing heart are your glands trying to tell you something.

Ever been in the presence of a spirit? Your hair stands on end, get goose bumps, your heart races?

Time to listen within your spirit to what the spirit has to say.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukkaI had to look where it originated from even though it is an English saying. www.psychologytoday.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join