It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams.... Other Realities or manifestation of the mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
i wanted to believe that dreams were just a manifestation of the brain until i started waking up from them feeling as though i was just in a parallel universe.

i cant explain my dreams at all. sometimes i can fly at my own will, raise the dead, ive killed people in my dreams, not knowing that i was dreaming while i did all these things.

i know that reality is defined by the electrical signals in the brain so how can those electrical signals be manipulated to represent a different reality?

do we naturalloy have access to alternative universes through our pineal gland, which ive heard some people refer to as a stargate, among other things. i know that dmt is produced in the brain duing REM sleep naturally.

i have 2-3 dreams every night. when i was younger i would sleep without any dreams but now its an everyday thing.

in my dreams, spirits communicate with me and i told them that if they were god they could make the object in my hand dissapear, and it slowly faded away into nothingness.

other strange phenomenon in my dreams like writing on the walls. i would ask a question in my own mind and writing would appear on the wall as an answer.

i usually cant tell if im dreaming or not, and its come to the point to where i dont know what is and isnt real anymore.
i dont know what my dreams are supposed to mean, if my mind is trying to tell me something or if dreams are something other than the manifestation of the mind.

when i do realioze im dreaming i usually open my eyes and wake myself up because im scared of loosing touch with reality.

i want to be in my dreams where the imposssible is ordinary and everything seems like an adventure.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

I've always thought this way:

You are awake, in reality.
You lay down, close your eyes, its darkness.
But you begin to dream, you get sucked into a different world AND YOU DONT EVEN CARE THAT YOU WERE JUST IN YOUR BED. You don't care or give any thought as to where the other reality went. How you got to this one. Your mind just kinda plays along with what it is given.

Dreams are projections of the mind, so that you dont go insane in your own thoughts in darkness for 6-8 hours.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Interesting. Of late, I feel more awake IN my dreams, and wish some could/would continue. To me, it seems my reality can be found there more than here.

I visit places in my dreams and can imagine how to get to these locations in waking-life. Yet, they are not real. I can see and remember the buildings, roads, cities and people, situations, to the point I can sketch them when awaking.

I often wake-up wishing I could go back into them...and sometimes...they continue the following night.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm also aware of being in a different reality, its as if its a different set of people, almost a different world or version of world. Have long suspected this is extra lessons of some sort.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

If a dream is observed by the dreamer it has become real to the observer, therefore the dreamer lives in the dream.

If the dream is unobserved by the dreamer the dream is not real.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I believe most dreams are simply our brains sorting through a lot of data, and processing it. I tend to recall dreams, and have had many that contained elements of this or that from my life; books I was reading, a movie I'd seen, different things with people I knew, and so forth. These things can combine in weird ways in dreams, but there is no reason to think they are anything else, for the most part.

Now and then, a dream is different. One I had, I was seeing through eyes that were not my own, and I knew it. In that one, I was stabbed in the lower back, and felt the pain, and everything about the dream was totally normal. That is NOT normal for my dreams! There is always a surreal quality to the usual dreams, that this one lacked. I felt the blade go in, which, for me, isn't unexpected, as I do feel in dreams (and smell, and taste, and see colors, etc.). However, this felt real. I have wondered since it it wasn't some sort of remote viewing while asleep. For hours after I awoke, I felt a faint "tingle" in my back, where the blade hit in the "dream". I actually scanned news for weeks, looking for a real case that matched the dream.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sociolpath
a reply to: Unity_99

If a dream is observed by the dreamer it has become real to the observer, therefore the dreamer lives in the dream.

If the dream is unobserved by the dreamer the dream is not real.

which raises a philosophical question i have that is kind of like having parallel universes as an answer that is still kind of on topic.

in my dreams, are other people concious or acting as an observer or are they unobserved dreams by them?

join