It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-old charged with murder of 1-year-old left alone while their moms went clubbing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

WBRC news

An 8-year-old boy has been charged with the murder of a 1-year-old girl who was left at a home without adult supervision while their mothers went clubbing last month, according to Birmingham police.

Police said some point that night, the 8-year-old boy "viciously attacked" the 1-year-old little girl because she wouldn't stop crying. She ultimately died from severe head trauma and major internal organ damage.

Police say Katerra Lewis, 26, left her 1-year-old daughter Kelci Lewis alone at the home, along with at least five other children ranging from 2 to 8 years old, to go clubbing with her friend, the homeowner and mother of the other children.

What the hell is wrong with some people? How selfish do you have to be to leave your young children unsupervised so you can going dancing in a club? Especially the mother of the one year old girl. Jeez, the girl is one years old. I would think you would want to be there making sure your baby is safe and sound rather than partying with your girlfriends. Only reason I could see these ladies be this irresponsible is because they are out trying to get knocked up again. Otherwise, they should have put on some funky lights and music in their living room and whooped it up there.

Now you have a dead baby and an 8 year old being charged with murder. I don't even want to imagine what that boy has been exposed to in order to be as vicious as he was with the baby. I also have no idea what to do with him. You can't charge an 8 year old with murder as an adult can you? I'm not sure what I would do if I were put in the position to punish him. I hope the mom of the baby and possibly the mother of the 8 year old spend some time in the can to think about what their selfishness has caused. Probably should have hired a babysitter and if they couldn't afford it, they should have stayed home. In my opinion of course.

Quick recap: 2 mothers leave leave 6 children ranging in ages of 1 and 8 years old, in the middle of the night, so they could go dancing at a nightclub. The 1 year old baby girl wouldn't stop crying and it agitated the 8 year old boy to the point that he beat the baby to death. The baby suffered severe head trauma and internal damage to her organs. The boy put the baby back in her crib when he was done beating her. The other children in the house witnessed it and 1 of them was able to describe what he saw to the police. The mothers arrived back home around 2 AM and did not check on the baby until after 10 AM. The baby was dead and may have been saved had they checked on her earlier. Maybe not.

I blame this on the mother of the baby the most. The wrong type of people are having children. Having babies, but have no sense of responsibility. Always wanting self-gratification at the expense of others. Teaching their children the same values. Dangerous times ahead with these knew generations of degenerates.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Stuff like this is why I am so picky about who I have children with.

I'll wait until I find the right woman with the right state of mind to take care of children responsibly.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What a disgrace to parenting. I hope both these girls get charged with child neglect and endangerment causing death. Then the other has her children taken away by protective services. All the while they both take a year of parenting classes.
Sickening behaviour. Hope it was worth it ya twits.

link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I've been married for almost 9 years. The wifey and I are childless because we are not ready to take on that responsibility yet.

link   
Horse$#!+!

The mothers should be charged!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hood rat. This stuff is all too common. Notice, no mention of father. And people refuse to acknowledge the cultural decay that is tearing apart communities. It is no secret why violence is out of control in some of these communities.

The 8 year old was probably just trying to emulate the mother.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
An 8 year old is not equipped to care for a baby, physically or mentally. He should never have been put in that position. The mothers should be facing death by negligence.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: benwyatt
Horse$#!+!

The mothers should be charged!

This exactly. What was wrong with the police that they didn't do this?!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I think they were probably at that club trying to find another baby daddy. Sometimes I think we encourage the breeding of unfit parents with programs like WIC. And by unfit I mean lacking the responsibility needed to be a parent. Like people that scrape by on their own without asking for handouts. And if they realize they are not the position to have a child, don't. But what do I know.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Utterly disgusting. The parents should be charged and locked up.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
How effing stupid can you really be ladies? Seriously?
I was fairly young when I had my first. Common sense told me the basics. Never leave a baby anywhere, at anytime, without an adult around.

Both of these women (used lightly) need to be charged with the death. Plus child abandonment, however many counts (per kid). And both should lose their children.

Sorry excuses for females, right there.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Stuff like this is why I am so picky about who I have children with.

I'll wait until I find the right woman with the right state of mind to take care of children responsibly.

that's why am still single. trying to pay off all my bills so I can have a house, afford day care, or pay for a babysitter. do the right thing and be a good man to a woman that's willing to support my choices as a positive man for those around me in and in my community

Life is hard enough and that's why I work so hard with the little that I have to make better choices so if I do have children they can have the best in life for a chance to have success in their life
edit on 11-11-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What should be done with the alleged 8 year old monster if convicted? Obviously he would be put in the juvenile system at the moment, but what should his sentence be? If you were judge, how would you sentence him if he showed no remorse?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
No amount of booze on earth would allow me to even look twice at a mother like that is it any wonder how bad our nation is getting it this is the things that we have to be concerned with every day . I have dated several women in my life with children and be a good man and you're like how dare you be responsible and be a good man with such little money and not give me everything I want in life.

And a lot of people wonder why women like this are the reason why men beat the hell out of them every night because men are angry so much at women for being such disgusting creatures not all of them but a lot of them

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Scummy mothers raising future scummy parents. It is a tragic rot in UK society as well, every out of work single parent gets around £77 per week for every extra child. This is on top of cash benefits for the parent which includes rent being paid, council taxes paid, free school meals, uniforms etc.

There is no requirement to look for work while the youngest child is below school age so scummy mothers pop another child out when that time comes, get the extra £77 per week for the new child then rinse and repeat.

This case is a tragedy, and reflective of wider questions of state welfare systems providing for these scummy bitches to treat kids as a source of income.
The real tragedy of course is that their kids will usually end up doing the same and carry on as crap parents themselves based on the crappy upbringing they had.
I hope the scummy mothers in this case get punished themselves, it's an absolute #ing disgrace.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

That boy will need 24/7 counseling, deep therapy, basically a re-programming. Either the mother messed him up, or he was "broken" to begin with.

Years worth, if there is any hope for him.

And after re-reading the article, the law involved, actually sound like they don't really blame the mother!!!????? WTF???

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I cannot wrap my head around this.

How in the world do you charge an 8 year old with murder?

Right and wrong to an 8 year old is really "did I get caught?".

The mother should be tarred, feathered, and then drawn and quartered. Not only for what she allowed to happen to her daughter...but, for allowing her 8 year old son to become so emotionally broken that acting out in such a manner was even remotely possible.....

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog
a reply to: Edumakated

I think they were probably at that club trying to find another baby daddy. Sometimes I think we encourage the breeding of unfit parents with programs like WIC. And by unfit I mean lacking the responsibility needed to be a parent. Like people that scrape by on their own without asking for handouts. And if they realize they are not the position to have a child, don't. But what do I know.

Yup. I see these kind of "families" all over Chicago. It creates a cycle that is almost impossible to break. Mother had a child too young. Father typically abandons family. No male role models to emulate. Grows up to be yet another thug in the hood. Wash, rinse, repeat.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Makes me sick to see things like this happen! There is no excuse for leaving children to fend for themselves!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Rachet will be rachet.

<<   2 >>

join