It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Ancient Astronaut Theory Explain the Last 100,000 Years of Human Evolution?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Youre off the fact that by whatever means...he did it singularily...as did the Michigan engineer...which debunks the issue of having to have been thousands of workers-point.

So...not hundreds, thousands....but with a few pulleys and magnetic options...by one person...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I saw a video of a crane trying to move a massive block of stone. It makes it hard to believe that the pyramids were built with a bunch of malnutritioned slaves. The amount of bodies and engineering prowess is just mind boggling. Ancient civilizations had to be more advanced than we give them credit for.

That's because they were properly fed and cared for craftsman and not slaves.The workers village gave them sleeping quarters,a cafeteria and even a hospital to treat their injuries.

I still find it hard to believe that the Hoover dam was built in the early 1930s using nothing more technologically advanced than dynamite and lots of blokes with pick axes.Yet there it is right in the way of the Colorado River holding back several billion gallons of water.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That is a misconception. It wasn't malnourished slaves that built the pyramids. They were workers and labors earning a salary (or volunteers) building it during seasons that there wasn't any agricultural work to be done.
edit on 11-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cosmic911

I' m a follower of Wallace. I believe he was right. Human consciousness is not from this planet.

read www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Evolution of the body is complete. Its evolution of brain function taking over and it happens quicker because of it takes less energy and time to open pathways than grow new limbs.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: zandra
Wallace is one of the true unsung heroes and unlike Darwin not a sellout. He stuck by his theories and turned spiritual.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's probably a combination of factors --- What with mankind's bipedal ability to outrun most mammals at long distances, weapons that could take-down large mammals and birds for meat --- and with the eating of meat at regular intervals --- causes an evolutionary trend for enlarged brain capacity, including solving and performing complex tasks.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
Evolution of the body is complete.

Among the silliest things I have ever read on ATS.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: chewi
Evolution of the body is complete.

Among the silliest things I have ever read on ATS.

Agreed. Although the 'myth' that humans only use 10% of our brain continues, it is known that we use All parts of our brains. Having said that, however, there are many more positive things we could be doing with our brains, such as making peace, not war, feeding the hungry and housing the homeless on a global scale.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: zandra

I' m a follower of Wallace. I believe he was right. Human consciousness is not from this planet.

read www.evawaseerst.be...

Since our physical beings are made of the stuff of stars, it only makes sense that our consciousness shares the same cosmos.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Ancient Aliens theory uses the same idea as religion to say that it explains things. We don't know exactly why this is the case, so insert magic/alien intervention. It's beautiful since these supposed aliens' technology level is unknowable to us so we can give it the same mysticism we gave magic in the past in the case of religion. However, this reasoning is just an updated version of the God of the Gaps argument.

A lot of religions are based on some truth, they've just been distorted to fit the agenda of those in control.
In the case of the Ancient Alien theory their truth lies with in the misinterpretation of ancient and classical artifacts,scrolls, hieroglyphs and other antique relics. The agenda of those like Sitchin, Von Daniken is pretty obvious in the fact that much of their information is not free.
edit on 11-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I've never been one to think aliens gave us the knowledge of culture, language, agriculture, structure, etc...we get that from chimpanzees, other than agriculture, chimps have a lot of human behavior...AA theory I think applies to switching out the Gods, or supernatural out of mythology and replacing them with aliens. So if an origin story from a particular culture talks about a god showing them how to plant a crop then you would have decide if you think that could be ET or not.

I think our modern technological evolution could have been sparked by alien contact....as the conspiracy theorist say...but honestly I've always been open to the idea that yes we've seen a small amount of authentic ufo's but we don't know anything about them...and based off the ufo's movement it was out of this world, so probably aliens.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Odd how our writings in history just "BLAM!" showed up fully set all at once, no sub-human languages, nothing. cunieform, the earliest written language just appeared POOF! out of nowhere, what i find odd is how we soo no "incomplete" attempts at written languages in history, and only find the remainder of sudden sprouts of complete sets. no sudden untranslateable scribblings older than them all in sum primitive symbols, just a few untranslateable intricate newer or late-age writings in separate cultures. all in all what I mean is we see no "beta-versions" of languages appear with just a few words, we see the full language and writing forming sentences, ideas, and thoughts perfectly.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AESTRODON
Odd how our writings in history just "BLAM!" showed up fully set all at once, no sub-human languages, nothing. cunieform, the earliest written language just appeared POOF! out of nowhere, what i find odd is how we soo no "incomplete" attempts at written languages in history, and only find the remainder of sudden sprouts of complete sets. no sudden untranslateable scribblings older than them all in sum primitive symbols, just a few untranslateable intricate newer or late-age writings in separate cultures. all in all what I mean is we see no "beta-versions" of languages appear with just a few words, we see the full language and writing forming sentences, ideas, and thoughts perfectly.

Ironic that you are skeptical of the development of modern language when you seem to have a tenuous grasp on written language itself.

As for the OP, while homo sapiens evolved over the course of millions of years, I believe the most important factor in the development of human culture and technology is the invention of agriculture that shifted humans from a foraging food source, to a more agrarian based society. It is the abundance of food that led to cities, and gave people time to focus on other tasks and develop technology over the course of thousands of years. I don't understand while people want to look past this very obvious timeline and insert their own wishful thinking into it. I think its fascinating enough as it is without throwing "aliens" into the mix.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
we do have to toss out all religious things because they rely on faith not evidence. but where is the evidence of ancient aliens? guy with crazy hair discredits that idea. . . is that on purpose or not . . . have to assume on purpose.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist
we do have to toss out all religious things because they rely on faith not evidence. but where is the evidence of ancient aliens? guy with crazy hair discredits that idea. . . is that on purpose or not . . . have to assume on purpose.

Hell, a lot of our science and medicine is not based upon objective evidence, let alone religion and faith. Polarizing issue to be sure.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
It's probably a combination of factors --- What with mankind's bipedal ability to outrun most mammals at long distances, weapons that could take-down large mammals and birds for meat --- and with the eating of meat at regular intervals --- causes an evolutionary trend for enlarged brain capacity, including solving and performing complex tasks.

Heck, even the evolution of our 'fist,' which separates us from some of our closest primate relatives, was a tremendous leap. The fist made it possible to use tools, especially weapons. Even closing the fist and using it as a weapon was an evolutionary trait that propelled us to where we are today.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Here is my theory on the subject of UFOLOGY.

Unidentified Flying Objects | Fallen Angel Bloodline | Supernatural Beings = (267) + (177) + (222) = 666.

Maybe they are of a Luciferian order?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: SLAYER69

If it weren't for the "Dark Ages" we'd probably already be an interstellar space fairing species.

You're right, imagine if war and hunger never existed?

If hunger never existed,then agriculture would never have existed.

We'd not be as far along as we are now, in other words.

Harte

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Personally, I believe the AA theory "could" indeed account for "some" of the more sudden evolutionary advancements of the human race here on earth. Could even explain the "missing link."

I also believe that "given enough time," natural evolution would produce the same or similar results.

When I take into account the fact that we, (as a human species) are currently mapping the human genome and discovering ways to manipulate our own DNA, as well as that of other species, i.e. "cloning technology," I have to ask myself; "Why wouldn't a more advanced species do the same thing?"

When I witness things like the new space mining bill being introduced in congress, I have to ask myself, "If we're looking to mine minerals from off planet sources, why wouldn't a more advanced species do the same thing?" Anunnaki anyone?

Isn't "terraforming" and/or learning to grow plants, (including genetic modification) a big part of the discussion when we consider sending humans to Mars?

Does anyone think that we wouldn't attempt to study and/or genetically modify life forms we might find on another planet?

The more advanced we become here on earth, the easier it is to believe that an older species might also have walked down the same path and done the same things that we are just now attempting to do.

Who knows?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join