It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought today was 14 November, I nearly panicked at work!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm an attendance timekeeper at my job and take note of attendance daily. I take this job very seriously.

Any mistakes I do will be deducted from my salary 3x so I have to do this job PERFECTLY so I don't make mistake with dates!

Everyday, I double, triple check the date-time records so this means, I will ALWAYS give you the correct date every time you ask me, even after I just wake up in the morning. I never miss the dates!

But today, I come to work thinking it was 14 November. To my horrible surprise, both 12 and 13 Nov wasn't there! I'm getting salary deduction!

I have whole day memories of my yesterday duties working with my timekeeping spreadsheet showing 12 and 13 November tables one after each other and also doing some data analysis spreadsheets with 13 Nov date on it....

I looked at the computer and saw 11 Nov. Did not give me any comfort at all, I thought the computer dates are glitching and have apparently messed up my spreadsheets! So panicked to investigate what went wrong with my automated spreadsheets which falls all under my responsibility because I designed and programmed it.

Only when I looked at my Cisco phone and android phone I realized it was truly 11 Nov and finally let out a sigh of relief!

So what's going on?? Where did the 12 and 13 Nov came from?? They weren't dreams! They are real memories I have of yesterday and barely remember 10 Nov.

Here's an even creepier part. 13 and 14 Nov fell on my off days. So I'm not supposed to come to work on the 13th and 14th!

So what's going on?? It's was as if the days and weeks took a few days nudge!!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Probably tiredness, stress and also the brain is constantly playing tricks on us and what we see isn't really what we see.
Nothing paranormal I'm sure but just one of those weird mind/brain lapses.

Or yes... you lived two days that didn't actually exist.

edit on 11/11/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

^^^^ or perhaps you saw a 12 or 13 in your dreams or somewhere else during the day and it's throwing you off.

I have similar responsibilities at work and have nearly given myself a heart attack thinking I had missed a whole month's worth of invoices, only to remember that we are always 1 month behind when reporting lol

glad there won't be any salary reductions - keep up the good work

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here's how you comfort yourself when this experience happens,

Try to remember any news or world events that you saw on TV or Internet and write it down, see if these thing have happened, if not then see if they come true. If they do, you had a reverse time slip. Many cases have been documented about time slips and nobody knows why it happens. May be due to some Quantum fluctuation in your timeline or you jumped into a parallel reality

Here are some good stories for you to read and see if any relate to you.

Time Slip stories
edit on 11/11/15 by sirric because: more info

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I had a similar issue about a week ago. I fell asleep for about an hour and when I woke up I thought it was the next day 5am, but it was actually 5pm. That was the first time in my entire life where I lost my innate sense of time, and space. I have never lost my sense of time to that degree. It felt like I was in another world for a few minutes. I sat up, slightly panicked and had to reassure myself.

It took me a while to realize it was still the same day and not the next. And for some reason, I felt extremely powerless in my lack of awareness. Strange episode, indeed.
edit on 11-11-2015 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Since nobody has said it, you actually switched realities.

Just get rid of the prefix "para" in the word paranormal.

It just aint normal for what we are programmed to think normal, especially when you are highly focused individual, time flies.

Peace
edit on 11-11-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

That's happened to many of us I'm sure. My husband is responsible for dating papers at his job and this morning he kept insisting that today was the 11th and I kept telling him it was the 12th and that I was pretty sure about that. Ooops, my bad!
I thought that because a show I like comes out on the 11th and I thought last night I missed it because I stayed up to late gaming. Your date mix up could have been something like that? Perhaps you focused on those dates for some reason: a friend coming by, a TV show coming on, some sort of event, etc..

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirric
Here's how you comfort yourself when this experience happens,

Try to remember any news or world events that you saw on TV or Internet and write it down, see if these thing have happened, if not then see if they come true. If they do, you had a reverse time slip. Many cases have been documented about time slips and nobody knows why it happens. May be due to some Quantum fluctuation in your timeline or you jumped into a parallel reality

Here are some good stories for you to read and see if any relate to you.

Time Slip stories

Thanks for the advice.

I already do this....in case of dreams, every time I wake up so at least I know whether it was a dream or not. Believe it or not, I dream everytime I sleep even for just 1 hr sleep and I will remember it as long as I write it down immediately after waking up.

If in case this happens again, I'll be sure to take your advice. But so far, nothing out of the ordinary in my 12 & 13 November memory, it was simply a normal day at work and my room. Everything I did the other day, were reflected today, including the tasks given to me by the boss, except that the numbers were different. I have 1 1/2 hours between waking up and facing my work, that's a lot of time to reflect and get in touch with reality.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Probably tiredness, stress and also the brain is constantly playing tricks on us and what we see isn't really what we see.
Nothing paranormal I'm sure but just one of those weird mind/brain lapses.

Or yes... you lived two days that didn't actually exist.

I lived the same two days, nothing out of place except the numbers. A very subtly different alternate reality??

Anyway, although my timekeeping task demands perfection, I only do very few things at work....My job is not stressful at all and this week was uneventful.

I automate my daily tasks so I could usually finish all my daily tasks in under 2 hours with impeccable quality. The rest of the day, I spend time in forums.

My supervisors at work are too insecure to let me continue my automation work for other departments to improve overall efficiency of the whole company they'd rather see me surf the internet the whole day

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
That's happened to many of us I'm sure. My husband is responsible for dating papers at his job and this morning he kept insisting that today was the 11th and I kept telling him it was the 12th and that I was pretty sure about that. Ooops, my bad!
I thought that because a show I like comes out on the 11th and I thought last night I missed it because I stayed up to late gaming. Your date mix up could have been something like that? Perhaps you focused on those dates for some reason: a friend coming by, a TV show coming on, some sort of event, etc..

I am more like your husband and I take my job very seriously and very focused with timekeeping and I'm trying to be the perfect clerk, never goes late, never get sick, hit the sack early and early to rise.

Nothing special upcoming for me this November, nor December. Even the numbers 12 and 13 are not special for me.

And for me as a perfectionist timekeeper to be off the mark by three days, that is just unbelievable!
edit on 11-11-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

Since nobody has said it, you actually switched realities.

Just get rid of the prefix "para" in the word paranormal.

It just aint normal for what we are programmed to think normal, especially when you are highly focused individual, time flies.

Peace

Yup, time flies for me.

What if just in case this isn't a paranormal thing, is it possible for the brain to generate "pseudo-memories" apart from dreaming?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
"Stain," or "Stein?" You didn't happen to check the winning lotto numbers?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I thought this was going to be about you freaking out at all your workmates just standing ignoring you, until you realised it was the two minute silence. Maybe you aren't in England though. It happened to me one year but wasn't scary just embarrassing.
My friend and I were at Scarborough on the beach with our dogs when we wondered aloud at some people just standing around at the lifeboat jetty. We ignored it and went back to laughing and shrieking at the dogs. Noticing the disapproving looks I said "miserable sods" when suddenly a cannon/gun went off and people began moving again. One of the most mortifying moments of my life, how soon we forget.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
"Stain," or "Stein?" You didn't happen to check the winning lotto numbers?

I did not travel, nor had a vision of the future.

I only had an "alternate memory" with very slight differences. But it was enough to freak me out because it concerned my wsearch as attendance timekeeper. A work that needs to be performed flawlessly due to huge salary cuts if I make mistakes because it is directly tied to the payroll of other staff.

Possibly just a "brain glitch" but this has never happened to me before and I did nothing out of my mundane daily routine.

Another theory is that someone did some number tweaking in the database of our Universe, and then restored it but somehow, my memories were not restored correctly as with the rest of the Universe.

If this was a timeline alteration by a time traveler would cause dramatic changes in the alternate timeline. He or she has to travel all the way back to the beginning of the Gregorian Calendar and some major events falling in different days of the week, weekday vs weekend in several centuries will have a huge impact in our present time.
edit on 12-11-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I've skipped through some hours that were unexplainable.
I've skipped over days that were.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I've skipped through some hours that were unexplainable.
I've skipped over days that were.

It is very easy to forget things you did over just couple of hours.

but as a time keeper for me to mistake 3 days and go crazy on the computer clock is just improbable.

If I make such huge mistakes, I certainly would not have taken the job. Very fortunately, the "glitch" only existed in my memory and did not affect my work.

top topics

join