It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selecting a New Desktop PC on a budget, Dell, Apple, Asus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

I understand your pain in being forced to cringe and choose an overpriced, low-quality pre-built - I've been there. Ech. Anyhow, my recommendation on brand is Asus, but just as important is the ability to configure to your needs (or find a configuration which suits your needs.) As I'm sure you're aware, most of the big companies tend to market their configurations based on the flashier numbers which don't necessarily give the best assessment of the actual performance.

I don't have a specific model recommendation for you, because if I start researching, I'll spend the rest of my workday designing my theoretical "next build." That said, I'd go with Asus, based on my experience of their quality. I always use Asus motherboards in my builds, and know a lot of people who have been extremely satisfied with their Asus laptops in comparison to their previous hunk-o-junk Sony Vaio's. My only other recommendation would be to consider an AMD processor. IMO, you'll get a lot more "bang for your buck." Intel does outperform AMD, but only at the leading edge (new releases, etc.) In terms of how much processing power can you get per dollar? AMD wins hands-down.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If you are not too bad with a little bit of connecting pieces together, I've always found the best deals are always in the New Egg DIY Super Combos:

www.newegg.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

How do you go above a i7 ? are you from the future and forgot when you where?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Curious69

Xeon maybe?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Build your own and then upgrade parts of it at a later date.

i7 is a must
8gb ram is ok

Ive been very happy with ASRock for mobos latley. Great on a budget.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hi all~! just a quick reply due to time constraints.

Sorry been out of town since I posted this, but SO deeply appreciate the input!!! I'll reply to those questions you pose to me either today or tomorrow.

Super busy here .

Don't stop the ideas and inputs!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I don't want to get into of why I shoudln't build my own PC, I can build one and have. Onward.

Appreciate the input for building my own, but, it's not my business or I would; which is why I requested Pre-built Asus, Dell etc (I'm completely shying away from Dell, but, it's not my call; just looking for comparison)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join