It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surging Seas: Sea Level Rise Analysis by Climate Central

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
At the COP21 in Paris the subject will be that; The world is almost at a boiling point and will be under water if we dont reduce emissions from developing countries

Over a 100 leaders including Vladimir Putin will attend, to work out a solution during the three day meeting.

Source
edit on 10-11-2015 by rajas because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Nov 11 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: former title: Seven million cities under water year 2100

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Sorry not a chance seeing we were told in 99 that costal cities would have a sea rise of 1 meter by 2015 and it never happened

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I didn't know there are 7 million cities. Never mind those in danger of inundation.

edit on 11/10/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Sorry not a chance seeing we were told in 99 that costal cities would have a sea rise of 1 meter by 2015

False.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Now that i think about it? It does seem like a bit much

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas

"The Getty Thesaurus of Geographic names has 248,752 inhabited places (cities, towns, etc.) listed in its database."

That includes all the inhabited places as well as cities and towns. It is a long way short of your seven million coastal cities.

Where is your head at Rajas? Where is your source at Rajas? Why you filling our heads with this junk Rajas with no double checking of facts and this very obvious escaping the little firing neurons in your brain that are supposed to make you a reasoning entity?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Maybe its Seven million cities under water like 7?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Your source does not say that 7 million cities will be under water.
It seems you made it up.
Making things up is frowned upon on ATS unless it is in the creative writing forum.

edit on 11/11/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Sorry not a chance seeing we were told in 99 that costal cities would have a sea rise of 1 meter by 2015

False.

Meh i am still buying land on that island i like

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

"The Getty Thesaurus of Geographic names has 248,752 inhabited places (cities, towns, etc.) listed in its database."

You sure about those numbers .

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

You sure about those numbers .

I am not even slightly sure, but Getty Thesaurus is a RESPECTED source of geographical facts. It is a standard like the Oxford English Dictionary. Personally I have not gone around the whole world counting...have you? Seems a bit of an unreasonable and impossible task don't you think?

Perhaps you should just accept the OP and his seven million cities. Happy now???

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

4037 Cities In The World With Over 100,000 People apparently. It is a long way short of seven million coastal cities isn't it!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

The OP did not specify coastal.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Had to go and do all the work myself as can't find anything like a source that actually gives plain facts. Stupid humans don't even know how many horrible little concrete places they have built.

Updated figures from Getty 2015 list:

"Thousands of TGN place names are added and edited every year. As of 26 May 2015, the TGN contains 1,475,816 published "records'; there are 1,500,129 records, including unpublished candidates. The total number of place names is 2,156,896."

So sorry for believing some other idiot online and went to do the homework myself. You will not find a better list than this. Is that good enough for you or should I pack my suit case and go exploring for the next 50 years and go counting the concrete?

edit on 11-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Forgive me Phage, but I presumed that as the OP was saying seven million would be under water I made a presumption.

To tell you the truth I am not really that interested. I just don't like gross exaggeration and being told bs when I wake up in the morning.

Sorry Raja for saying "coastal". Now are you going to say sorry to me for lying to me and making me do the work you should have done before posting this ludicrous thread?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I get the feeling it is more like 7 million people displaced by 2100, not cities.....

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

That includes all the inhabited places as well as cities and towns. It is a long way short of your seven million coastal cities.

Where is your head at Rajas? Where is your source at Rajas? Why you filling our heads with this junk Rajas with no double checking of facts and this very obvious escaping the little firing neurons in your brain that are supposed to make you a reasoning entity?

But you aren't taking into account the 28 alternate realities, obviously.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

You reiterated my thoughts except I was wondering where on earth the people who live in these possible flood areas are going to go? I doubt Europe can take any more floods of people for quite some time so I hope this is a gradual thing and we have time to resettle these areas.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

They would just have to move further inland, still plenty of space left to build new homes / shelters.

Take the UK for example, only 2% of the land is actually built on.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Thing is, rising waters is not the only problem associated with a warming world.

edit on 11/11/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join