It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best punk or ska music out there who do you got...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Beebs and her Money Makers from Orlando, FL

edit on 0America/ChicagoR201515 160Tue, 10 Nov 2015 20:51:47 -0600America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Leroy33860 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Can't go wrong with Bad Religion and NOFX.

To OP - Black Flag, The Descendents and ALL are great, too. Pennywise is still kickin. Sorry, can't really help ya on the ska, not my thing, I'm more into aggressive street punk like the exploited, the casualties or the virus.

The Distillers are no more, but Brody Dalle does her own thing these days.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Mmmmmmkay brody.... sorry sorry head out of the gutter lol

Don't tell any one I'm not a nofx fan I know I know it's almost blasphemy kinda like not being an op ivy fan..... lol

I get down on all sorts from east coast irish/ hard core to west coast pop/ and political I'm all over the board lol.

What j really should have questioned in all this is where does everyone think punk started lol thst could have stirred a lively debate ha ha ha.

To voice my opinion it was the velvet underground that started the punk revolution them and we'll there like such as the dead boys, iggy pop, television and so on and so forth...oh and this little band you might not have heard of the Ramones lol
edit on 10-11-2015 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Old school The Offspring, if that counts as punk.

Old school No Doubt, if that counts as ska.

Social Distortion is my favorite.

Always liked this track from Save Ferris

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
To echo others, Bad Religion, NOFX, Pennywise, Dead Kennedys. Some really great punk there.

For ska, well..Bosstones are good ska punk, which is I guess what you're looking for, but of course true ska is entirely different.

Try the Skatalites.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Ok it make me feel old when people say old school offspring and no doubt....I remember when there frat albums dropped lol

Social d is amazing a got a big ol man crush on Mike ness...lol

Also if you don't like come on Eileen by save ferris you have no soul....just sting
edit on 11-11-2015 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

lol

I actually just meant their earlier stuff, not that they are ancient groups

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

The Minutemen, Stiff Little Fingers, Misfits, Bad Brains, Suicidal Tendencies, The Stooges, Richard Hell, Dead Kennedys.

This might be the best music video of all time.

Edit to add : Minor Threat
edit on 11-11-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

"No Gods, No Managers" one of my favs!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
How could I forget my old high school buddy Mike Wiebe and his band.. The Riverboat Gamblers.. Check out the tune Ice Water, for a more modern pop even while making fun of candy pop punk the song The Biz Loves Sluts... They are a really good band.

Oh and if I didn't mention them before "A Wilhelm Scream" for the fastest tightest fist pumping buddy punk the songs Anchor End and Picture of The World. My sons favorite is Dreaming of Throwing Up. Also of note are The Rip and Bulletproof Tiger are are viscious as they sound... Can't say enough about em.

I hate that when you think of CKY freaking doucher Bam Margera comes to mind, because they too are a really good band. Along with Red Fang though I don't know if the title punk is right for them, along with Viking Skull. Both of those last two leave a mark, kind of that punch in the gut rock and roll ala Clutch and Wolfmother.

You can't find their stuff but Richard Noggin was the best live punk show I've ever seen, they played two shows and then vanished leaving a scar on Earth herself.
edit on 11-11-2015 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2015 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yeah NoFX got to be one of my favs...

And yeah this song takes 18+ minutes but it's worth it.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Those dreaded Wednesday's and Saturdays...
Also known as Shower days!

Geniuses!!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Been listening to Punk since '77 and Ska from about '79.

Guess it all began with watching The Stranglers famous appearance on Top of the Pops singing Go Buddy Go.
A couple of weeks or so later my older bought The Bollocks and The Clash albums - that was it I was hooked.
I quickly became familiar with The Damned, UK Subs, SLF along with bands like The Angelic Upstarts etc.
In the early 80's saw me listening to Cock Sparrer, The Exploited, Cockney Rejects, Blitz, The 4-Skins etc - I still listen to a lot of Oi.
At the same time I also liked Crass, Zounds, The Mob, Poison Girls, Flux of Pink Indians and of course Discharge.

My love of Punk lasts to this day and barely a day goes by when I don't listen to an album or playlist of it.

American bands I've listened to over the years include Social Distortion, Dead Kennedys and even The Offspring as well as Rancid, Dropkick Murphy's and Harrington Saints.

I've seen the vast majority of those bands mentioned live and all are well worth a listen.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Like most people of my generation my first exposure to Ska came with the 2-Tone invasion round about '79.
Many great bands and music came from the 2-Tone scene but without a doubt The Specials were, and still are, just that - special.

This video catches them perfectly - great days.

My involvement in the Scooter scene and certain other 'activities' saw me listening to a lot of Trojan music - something I still do to this day.

The came a bit of this;

And a bit of this;

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sorry, couldn't go without giving some good mates of mine a bit of a plug;

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join