It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control Necessary: For Police!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's why .40 is considered to be THE caliber that LEO should use. It is the most effective weapon for bringing down a human target, which is the only purpose of firing your weapon in the line of duty.(...)

Just wanted to say- to serve and protect. In some places, that might mean taking down a bear, not a human.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, most of these killings by cops are unnecessary, as most are attempting to flee, or the cops have elevated a threat by their behavior. If they did less illegal search and pressuring of the People, people would probably be more receptive and respectful, but as it is in the current atmosphere, cops are becoming a greater threat to the population than criminals.

Whats so sick about most of these killings, are they are petty nothings that tickets can be given and that the courts can deal with. In my opinion, cops just need their firearms taken away and only allowed non lethal equipment, like paintball guns, tasers, beanbag guns, pepper spray

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Well....taking a handgun into a bear altercation, unless its a black bear, is not likely to end without some drama for the human involved.

I stand by my .40 cal assertion.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

when has ideology ever solved anything?

this is America. just accept it. as long as there are technicalities, high priced lawyers, and crooked police chiefs, coward cops who should have a secretary job where they dont pose threats to citizens will kill on a whim when they feel 'threatened'. they get paid leave, or relocate to the south and work as 'security' or just get off scott free. what bigot racist moron would hesitate to kill with those provisos above?

imagine if the average citizen or I killed someone whenever they or I felt threatened or thought someone was reaching for a 'weapon'.... would the people who justify the police killings justify me killing someone on irrational and prejudice whims too?

We live by the Gun (in the constitution), i imagine we're slowly and painfully going to die by the gun; accidentally or on purpose.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Vaedur

when has ideology ever solved anything?

this is America. just accept it. as long as there are technicalities, high priced lawyers, and crooked police chiefs, coward cops who should have a secretary job where they dont pose threats to citizens will kill on a whim when they feel 'threatened'. they get paid leave, or relocate to the south and work as 'security' or just get off scott free. what bigot racist moron would hesitate to kill with those provisos above?

This is America, just accept it. As long as there are technicalities, high priced lawyers and cowardly criminals who are too lazy to do things in a legit manner so they rely on stealing, killing, rape , violence , whatever..

see it goes both ways...you cant make a post like yours calling out cops without calling out the criminals.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I think the next logical and safe step is to synthesize both opposing arguments and say that when the cops are acting and behaving in such a manner that they are indeed criminals, at which point there is no separation of cop and criminal, only a difference of profession.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join