It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destiny Gamers - Discussion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Bungie has mentioned that all future dlc until destiny 2 will be free so this could be an indication that sparrow racing is here to stay, and more maps will come free of charge.

I hope so, however the sparrow league only lasts till the 28th or 29th of Dec.

Its not really DLC that they are releasing but events that will last for a few weeks like the Halloween one and now the sparrow racing league.

Also I really want a leaderboard to be made because I am on top of the game but have no way to prove it to anyone.

If I may link you to this

gamerant.com...

Sparrow racing leaderboard created by a fan.

Check the article and there is a link to both the playstation one and XBox leasderboards.

I am sitting at around 99,000th place for the Mars one and at around 45,000th for the Venus one, considering that there is over 600,000 players in PlayStation leader-board I'm not so fussed but will be trying to move up, not really for the leader board place but to up my reputation with Tess and the racing league so I start getting 310 and over loot to drop.

Hopefully a few drops at 320 and I will be able up my light level to over 310 without completing the raid or completing Trails.

My Titan is currently just under 310, I need like 2 more light average to get it to 310,

Warlock at 308 and hunter at 307 or 306.

Really enjoyed the Iron Banner that just passed and cant wait for the next.

I am glad that they are offering these events with the high end loot, it balances out the player base so now if I choose do trial or when I get into the next Iron banner I wont have issues with being of feeling like my light level is too low.

about 10 difference in light isn't much, in the banner or in trails a guardian with level 300 light vs a guardian with 310 light is only like on bullet difference, meaning the 310 guardian will kill the the 300 guardian with one less shot or the 300 will need to fire of one extra shot to kill the 310 guardian.

The big difference is like I experienced, is coming up against a guardian at 270 light and myself being 306 at the last banner with my Titan, it took me one headshot from my Jade rabbit to take out the 270 guardian.

and from the same site an article about free events being released over Paid DLC

gamerant.com...

and I thought my days with Destiny were going to be over once Fallout came out,

On that site that I linked to is a few articles about the book of sorrows, pretty much the history of the hive.

The game has quite a bit of potential and can easily see how there is a 10 year plan to keep adding to the game or for sequels or prequels to be released.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

could you explain to me, what you are talking about, with all the warlock, mars, sparrow etc..

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

could you explain to me, what you are talking about, with all the warlock, mars, sparrow etc..

Your OP says you watched a few games made by Bungie,

Have you played Destiny?

If Not, there are classes of character to choose from, Hunters, Warlocks and Titans.

au.ign.com...

There are 3 races to choose from when making your character, Human, Awoken and Exo,

here is link explaining the 3 races

au.ign.com...

This site will explain just about anything you want know about the game.

Or go to the linked site in my previous post where there are many articles discussing the game,

I usually go there to get the latest news on destiny or any game I play, either that or simply google destiny news and see whats available.

To find out more of the story or Destiny lore, there are a 2 articles available with 1 more to come about the book of sorrows.

Its basically the history the Hive, one of the alien races in the game, interesting reading for any destiny fan.

Mars is one of the planets you can play on.

There is earth, the moon, Venus, Mars and now with the Taken King version of the game ( the latest DLC) you can also play and explore the Dreadnought which is the main Villains ship, its massive and is stationed in the rings of Saturn.

Sparrows are vehicles the guardians use to get around on the maps available to play except for the dreadnought.

Just recently released is sparrow racing, 2 tracks are available, one being on Mars and one on Venus.

Not going to link any videos, too many to choose from, just search google or YouTube to have a look.

edit on 10-12-2015 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
A tip, that InhaleExhale and I have tried extensively, for sparrow racers with Three of Coins:
You can now use ToC in the crucible and SRL. The preferred method, which has worked wonders for me and pretty well for InhaleExhale. Is to do 2 races, then on the third, once the planet comes into view in the loading screen, use your ToC. It doesn't matter how you place in any of the races. I usually finish 4-6, 3rd if I'm lucky, and I have had tremendous luck with that method.
Oh, and another thing worth noting, that I found out fairly recently. If you have an exotic that you're going to break down, if you fully upgrade it first you will get 2 exotic shards out of it. Which is nice when they're so scarce now.
I hit rank 2 in the SRL today, and now all the helmets I've gotten have been 306. Which is a awesome because I FINALLY got the Dark Blade Helm doing the sunless cell with InhaleExhale the other day. It dropped at 290, it's 306 now! Even if you suck at SRL, like I do, the grind can be worth it!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

Even if you suck at SRL, like I do, the grind can be worth it!!!

In the last week or so I have been seeing people simply enter the race as just sit at start line without moving and receive something at the end of race.

Almost crashed into them a few times after finishing a lap and again on the second and third laps.

Not sure if bungie have patched this, as usually in other types of game play, crucible and PvE when you sit there doing nothing you are booted back to orbit.

Today I did a few races and a few player left, not sure if its a patch bungie implemented to boot players that dont actually race or simply the player exiting themselves due to whatever reason.

I hope in a way its bungie booting players for doing nothing and getting rep towards their racing level and getting rewards at the end of the races, I really wouldn't care, its just like I said, I almost crashed into them a few times.

But have to agree that SRL is great a event, I have level up a few helmets, exotics and legendary to over 310, some at 315, some 318 and one to 320 light.

Same with the class armour, Titan marks, Warlock bonds and Hunters cloaks.

Trying to hit level 5, hopefully will get there before the event finishes, sitting on level 4 and a quarter so if I do the daily bounties available and at least 10 races a day it should be a breeze.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I've noticed players leaving as well.
I haven't noticed people sitting and doing nothing. BUT, that could explain how I did such horrid racing and still came in 5th a fair few times.
I'm still not even to level 3 haha.
It took me quite a while to get my "finish in the top 3" bounty. The race you let me have 3rd made the second. It took like all of the following day for the last one.
I've gotten a lot of 304-306 helmets lately at rank 2. Still no Titan mark though.
I've gotten a lot of exotics using the 3 race method. I got another Peregrine Graves, my like millionth Crest of Alpha Lupi, another Super Good Advice, and a fair amount of others. I'm finally racking up some exotic shards!!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Ima just throw this here, but I'm back into Destiny and trying to replace my pathetic Year 1 gear. If anyones looking for Fireteams and such feel free to add me. Gamertag: Bennyzilla

Mostly play Warlock, I'm already 40 so it's just a gear grind now

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join