It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VICTORY: Texas town votes to stop adding fluoride to drinking water.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Opponents of water fluoridation have finally earned a victory in the fight against fluoride! San Marcos, Texas, a college town located just 25 miles south of Austin, voted to stop adding the industrial toxin hydrofluorosilicic acid to the water yesterday with overwhelming support.

The votes in favor of Proposition 1 to stop adding fluoride to the public water supply came in at about 61 percent, with 39 percent opposing the measure. The victorious outcome was made possible by committed voters and the efforts of grassroots groups who worked tirelessly to get the measure onto the November 2015 ballot, despite facing many obstacles along the way.
Source

Great news for this "college" town in Texas.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Why should people be "forced" to drink fluoride contaminated water? If someone wants to add fluoride to their diet, it should be voluntary.

Not to mention that its very easy to do. Most mass produced toothpastes and mouthwashes already contain fluoride. It actually takes some effort to find dental care products which are fluoride-free.

Never lose hope. Before you know it, all these small victories will lead us to a big win.

edit on 10-11-2015 by gladtobehere because: added image

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

This is good, hopefully it will happen all over the world.

What really annoys me is when pro fluoridationists say that if you do not want to drink fluoridated water that you should just not drink tap water. Well I'm sorry but as humans we all should have access to contaminant free water, since water is supposedly a human right.

but the frustrating part is the fact that we really don't get much of a choice in the matter, its basically governments saying its their way or the highway which is very tyrannical in nature.
edit on 10 11 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Same with my family in Whippany, New Jersey - they asked why I wouldn't drink their tap water and I explained I didn't want the fluoride, and other crap (like the residuals left over from pharmaceuticals and womens' birth control pills) so I have been sticking to spring water - my aunt tells me they don't fluoridate the water there because the locals fought it so much. This is very encouraging to hear! Thanks for sharing!!! - 2011 Water Quality Report

(see "Fluoride", page 6)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think more things like this should be voted on by the public. let us decide what is best for ourselves and not by some bought and paid for politicians who only care about things if it is good for their pockets and not for the people that they supposedly represent.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The water plant where I work removed flouride this year aswell. The town council however didn't care at all about the possible negative side effects or even that it's technically forcing medication. For them it was just a matter of saving money pure and simple, one less chemical to buy.

People where I live have campaigned for several years to get it removed but failed. The coucil made the call because the towns broke.

edit on 10-11-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ozsheeple

This is good, hopefully it will happen all over the world.

What really annoys me is when pro fluoridationists say that if you do not want to drink fluoridated water that you should just not drink tap water. Well I'm sorry but as humans we all should have access to contaminant free water, since water is supposedly a human right.

but the frustrating part is the fact that we really don't get much of a choice in the matter, its basically governments saying its their way or the highway which is very tyrannical in nature.

You are aware that most bottled water is tap water and that it is very difficult and expensive to filter out all flouride. Keep that in mind when you buy bottled water, they may not even filter for flouride at all. Last I checked, Sparklets, had the lowest flouride concentration.

Even good RO and gavity filters can't get all the flouride out. I've heard some talk about a newer type filter coming on.

Really the only hope is to have municipalities STOP PUTTING THE STUFF IN THE WATER in the first place.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The way to introduce a toxin into the food supply without problem is to convince people that it is good for you. Fluoride does more harm to bones and teeth than it does good. It makes teeth brittle and more susceptible to cracking. It can mottle teeth. Organic fluoride in moderate amounts is actually good for people, not the types they are using in water though. Calcium Fluoride is not a problem, it is a natural additive in water and our bodies know how to regulate it.

Fluoride was not put into the water for our teeth, they just made people think it was. The government does not go after scammers who try to weasle us out of our money, why should they be concerned about our teeth? Are we supposed to bite the people who are trying to scam us over the phone?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm not very informed on the whole flouride topic. My opinion has always been "It hasn't hurt me so far, or 3648736248 other people" (I counted...it's exactly that many

This is a serious question, since you sound informed and I don't want to browse a million flouride threads reading arguments: If it wasn't added for our teeth, why was it added? And please don't say something like "Mind control" or "to make the general public more agreeable" etc.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

I'm not very informed on the whole flouride topic. My opinion has always been "It hasn't hurt me so far, or 3648736248 other people" (I counted...it's exactly that many

So says the person about the people who don't know how they might be had said fluoridation not have occurred.

Fluoridation has also been linked to decreased IQ and various other effects, so...take it as you will, but also consider the possibility that absence of evidence does not prove evidence of absence as regards observable negative effects in this case. It just means perhaps we're not evaluating it appropriately from our limited perspective.

This is a serious question, since you sound informed and I don't want to browse a million flouride threads reading arguments: If it wasn't added for our teeth, why was it added? And please don't say something like "Mind control" or "to make the general public more agreeable" etc.

Insidious motives aside (and likely unnecessary) - when in history has industry neglected to monetize that which can be monetized by way of creative marketing or outright deception? As I understand it, the fluoride being added to our water supplies is essentially a byproduct of the aluminum manufacturing industry (don't quote me on this as I'm too tired to search elsewise to confirm just now), and by god if said industries can get PAID to dispose of it instead of having to PAY to dispose of it, why on earth wouldn't they?

Hire some spin doctors, fudge some numbers and end up with various governments buying your waste at a profit? Sounds like a winner to me.

The simply fact of the matter is that it's unnecessary, as there are plenty of other ways (which also have more controllable dosing regimens) to get fluoride if one wants it. It's a violation of basic right and liberty as it's the mass drugging of entire societies without active consent. It's ineffective, as fluoride for teeth works via topical application, NOT ingestion, and comparison of dental caries and health in general between areas and nations that fluoridate and those that don't show no benefit. It has assorted negative impacts including fluoridosis, negative impacts on IQ, etc.

It's just damned silly, basically.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

sweet, we won that fight in a part of queensland australia. They even admitted that the could not control the dosage of concentration that was added, so there for an 'overdose' is very possible instead of believing the PPM crap they have on the leaflet.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There is enough "natural fluoride" existing in Texas well water to not have to introduce a fake poly-fluoride. I have heard about the BROWN TOOTH (resembles a calcified toilet bowl); syndrome existing as a residents home grown "Texas Teeth", excessive fluoride saturation causes dental failure.

edit on 10-11-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Great news! It should always be voluntary and I love to see a community rallying around a common goal! What I don't like is the mindless fear behind these campaigns. You don't like it, don't want it added to your water, I get it. What I don't get are the lies and fear being sold to people too lazy to do some research.

I am going to link to this thread when the anti-fluoridians say there is nothing they can do. There is. They just don't want to put in the work.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Here are a couple links to show some of the ridiculous lies people believe and some truths that don't jive with their beliefs. Science always trumps fear.

My thread

NLBS thread

If you have any further questions, regarding science, not fear, I will try my best. Unfounded claims are the hardest to disprove, you will find, and they anti-fluoridians make the most unfounded claims or keep moving the goal posts.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If you guys only knew..

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

Fluoride itself doesn't do any damage what I know off

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ozsheeple

So you boil and quadruple filter all your water then? Because even without fluoride, you aren't drinking contaminant free tap water.
edit on 11-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Fluoride doesn't have a mind control effect. It does have a settling effect on people though. Organic fluorides are used in many medicines for their settling effect. Fluoride compounds also have a diuretic action so they make you pee more. Sometimes this is a good thing, other times it leads to dehydration problems. All fluoride compounds have medicinal qualities. I have researched the subject of metabolism well. Now fluoride used long term and constantly will lead to brittle bones in everyone, there are no exceptions. The whole system of homeostasis could be balanced somewhat if you ate all the necessary other minerals and necessary vitamins in the proper amounts, but that is pretty much impossible. I have tried to figure out how to balance the minerals but since fluoride stimulates the kidneys to excrete, there can be many mineral deficiencies possible.

I have no clue as to what fluoride does to the pineal gland. That is not what I am concerned about, I look at the effect on metabolism both good and bad. I would rather get my fluoride from tea or coffee myself, but even those mottle teeth. Tea does have a settling effect on people also. I understand we need to be mellow in society and that we do need some chemistry to supply that. But there are better ways than fluoridating water. The action is compounded when you fluoridate water.

Molybdenum supplementation or diet adjustment to increase it in our diet is better for teeth than adding fluoride. A balance of minerals is necessary and avoiding too much sugar is necessary to reduce cavities. The byproduct of too much sugar coupled with yeast imbalance caused by the excess sugar is acetalaldehyde. If your body cannot detox that the fungus get an advantage and they can live in the gums and destroy the teeth. Since fluoride is an ion, it can destroy beneficial bacteria causing the uptic of fungus which can cause problems in the gums and teeth. We need a balanced microbial flora in our bodies, fluoride can upset that.

Also fluoridated water can combine with the hydrochloric acid in our guts which can cause some hydrofluoric acid compounds to be formed which are bad for gurd. Now if that valve gets weakened by the fluoride then it can contribute to the acid and acid gasses going up into the throat which can also increase the chances of cavities. If you drink a lot of coffee or tea it does that and you get sort of a heart burn and bad breath, partially because of the fluoride in both of those. But not drinking coffee is easy, you can drink some water later, but if the water is tainted with fluoride, you wind up making it worse.

I indulge in coffee, I am not afraid of fluoride, but I know a lot about it from keeping an eye on all that was said over the last thirty five years. It does not belong in our water.

Now the government recently has reduced the upper levels again, making it one quarter of what was maximum allowed around five years ago. This is the second reduction. If it was just mottled teeth that was the problem, then why such a big reduction. They know it is causing multiple problems. It doesn't matter what kind of fluoride compound you consume, overconsumption of anything is bad for you. Because fluoride is used so extensively in food preservation mostly in fresh veggies, we get enough from that source. WE DO NOT NEED IT IN OUR WATER. It is a waste of taxpayer money and is increasing healthcare costs.

It effects everyone, but most people do not notice it because it takes many moons of raised consumption to alter things. Most people can't comprehend that long term consumption can lead to imbalances. Take a water pill for ten years and it has major side effects that are not even traceable, you need specific evidence to undeniably prove it in a court of law.
edit on 11-11-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hi

Does anyone know if its possible to test your tapwather for chemical substances my own hand without having to send it in to Rothschild agents.

So any hobby chemists out there. Is it possible and what do I need. Shureley you must be able to do it without a million dollar machine.

Thanx m8tys

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fruitarian
Hi

Does anyone know if its possible to test your tapwather for chemical substances my own hand without having to send it in to Rothschild agents.

So any hobby chemists out there. Is it possible and what do I need. Shureley you must be able to do it without a million dollar machine.

Thanx m8tys

You can send in a sample to independent labs if you wish. Most places have to post that sort of stuff on websites or provide it on demand though. Just depends if you trust them, I know I do, as there is no way to "fudge" the numbers without getting caught.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fruitarian
Hi

Thanx m8tys

Take a sample to a pool supply store. They can test it and provide a list of what they found.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join