It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like Aliens more than I like GOD(S) - Am I wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Bedlam

The reason you don't hear EM transmissions from other civilizations is that any civilization that starts announcing itself is immediately destroyed.

Ermmm, Earth TV signals are over fifty years out. If they can handle I Love Lucy, they can't be too 'alien'.
soon as they heard stuff they showed up at Roswell, made a deal with Truman, won't kill us all if they do as they say . . . been controlling us secretly since, no need to immediately destroy, control is better for various reasons, all this is allegedly.

Good, I like 'allegedly'. Heres mine.

The US was testing radar, ballistic missiles, nukes for the first time near Roswell and upon investigation, they got themselves shot down. The flap over Washington a few years later was them coming back to retrieve their dead and craft… or else.

The deal struck was you give us back our technology and comrades bodies and we won't expose ourselves to your masses, upsetting your religious and governmental apple cart.

The government chose to give back and forevermore has been mute on the subject.

Thats why they can't disclose. It would ruin it for them.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ets are real. They're not God, or the All of Higher Mind, Tao of Love, Consciousness. They're just people, like we are, some in more advanced state,ie higher grade in the infinite levels. Some lower, despite any technology. All predators are lower.
edit on 10-11-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The reason you don't hear EM transmissions from other civilizations is that any civilization that starts announcing itself is immediately destroyed.

Ermmm, Earth TV signals are over fifty years out. If they can handle I Love Lucy, they can't be too 'alien'.

Fifty years out (or even 100 years, if you're talking radio transmissions) is barely out of our own back yard. Our transmissions have barely gone anywhere. Maybe about 1000 actual stars (many more if you count brown dwarfs), but that's a tiny percentage of the galaxy, and virtually nothing when talking galactic group scales.

The distance our radio transmissions have traveled in 100 years of broadcasting creates a bubble of only 200 light-years in diameter (the tiny blue dot in the image below) -- a tiny fraction of the galaxy, and an almost non-existent size of space compared to the universe.

Image Source and Article "The Extent of Human Radio Broadcasts in the Milky Way"

edit on 11/10/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Fifty years out (or even 100 years, if you're talking radio transmissions) is barely out of our own back yard. Our transmissions have barely gone anywhere.

Respectfully, they wouldn't be looking so hard at such cost for habitable planets on so many nearby stars if they didn't think life was remotely possible, 'in our own backyard'.

Fifty to a hundred years out is far enough, especially considering quantum entanglement, remote viewing of signal noise from across the galaxy.

You just believe any tech you can imagine is possible in our future, their past.

Edit: Because if you can imagine it, someone out there has already invented it.
edit on 10-11-2015 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
What are the odds that the life they find will be a technological civilization?

Personally, I think there is life within a 100 LY radius of Earth (heck, maybe in our own solar system), but I'm less optimistic of life evolving into a technological civilization during our current time period and within 100 LY. Maybe there was one once 10 Million years ago (and others 20 million, 50 million, or 200 million years ago, etc), or maybe another will come about in 10 Million more years...

...but "right now"? (with "right now" being the very short 50,000 years our civilization has existed)...I'm skeptical about the odds of that happening.

edit on 11/10/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A very advanced Alien
can do what they say god does.
so what Is the difference!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

soon as they heard stuff they showed up at Roswell, made a deal with Truman, won't kill us all if they do as they say . . . been controlling us secretly since, no need to immediately destroy, control is better for various reasons, all this is allegedly.

The US was testing radar, ballistic missiles, nukes for the first time near Roswell and upon investigation, they got themselves shot down. The flap over Washington a few years later was them coming back to retrieve their dead and craft… or else.

The deal struck was you give us back our technology and comrades bodies and we won't expose ourselves to your masses, upsetting your religious and governmental apple cart.

very possible. in both alleged scenarios tho our govt made a deal to go along and keep truth secret in return for . . . 1 being able to stay alive I suppose,, 2 also get some help in staying in power with new technology.

Alleged but not proven tho.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If aliens and God are much the same who created the stars?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
I also feel a closer 'bond' to Aliens than God(s)
I don't believe all the 'Aliens are here to hurt us' rubbish - (If they wanted to they could annihilate us in minutes)

Am I wrong for liking Aliens more than God(s)

Well no.... first of all, "God" is a human made concept that doesn't exist. The "God" that you know is a concept that has been handed down by word of mouth generation after generation, being washed into being an entity that you can worship. In fact the earliest understandings of "God" was nothing more than the universe itself with the integrated idea that we are all "God" as we are one.

About aliens... well, since they haven't actually been confirmed, although it would be stupid or ignorant even to believe there aren't aliens somewhere in the universe, you are free to feel what you like towards them.

I'm pretty sure I would like aliens more than the people governing my country, since any being that has the tech to venture here and spend time and energy to meet with us would necessarily have to be a race of beings more in balance with themselves and have ridded themselves of warlike tendencies that we as a race suffer under still.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

What are the odds that the life they find will be a technological civilization?

The odds that life is spread stepping stone like is better than random evolution.

The way Indians use to hide Pemican caches in a further and further supply line, the way they climb Everest with base camps, then higher an higher camps to reach the summit.

The way militaries conquer, the way explorers, sailors, climbers and cave divers explore…

in stages.

Johnny Appleseed and stories of the Ark notwithstanding, I go for Terraforming and gardening on new planets as closely spaced together as possible.

Betty Hills star map also comes to mind.

Edit: Because finally imo, since the universe is boundless, which means it is infinite, which means it has always been there, life has had an infinite time to develop and spread everywhere.

edit on 10-11-2015 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jamesmm791

There are people who believe this and I'm starting to believe it too. Why? because in the bible it doesn't say let God create men in his image but let US create men in..... Looking at humanity as a whole we are a crappy project in my opinion. I think we are a side project that God and the aliens teamed up to make because they got bored. At least that's my opinion of the matter.

To answer the question of the OP nope I don't think you are wrong for liking aliens more. You are not hurting anyone by believing this. Embrace your beliefs and don't let anyone try to tell you that your liking of aliens is wrong.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

very possible. in both alleged scenarios tho our govt made a deal to go along and keep truth secret in return for . . . 1 being able to stay alive I suppose,, 2 also get some help in staying in power with new technology.

Alleged but not proven tho.

I wished I hadn't seen a thingy on a hill top long ago. For me it isn't about believing they 'allegedly' exist or are around or not, I witnessed it.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I like that, it may or may not be true, but it'd make a pretty good script for a movie...

Randy

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp

I like that, it may or may not be true, but it'd make a pretty good script for a movie...

Randy

The events are real enough. Coincidental? Welcome to ATS…

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Fifty years out (or even 100 years, if you're talking radio transmissions) is barely out of our own back yard. Our transmissions have barely gone anywhere. Maybe about 1000 actual stars (many more if you count brown dwarfs), but that's a tiny percentage of the galaxy, and virtually nothing when talking galactic group scales.

The distance our radio transmissions have traveled in 100 years of broadcasting creates a bubble of only 200 light-years in diameter (the tiny blue dot in the image below) -- a tiny fraction of the galaxy, and an almost non-existent size of space compared to the universe.

It should be pointed out that our broadcasts wouldn't be detectable more than 5 or 10 light years out because of attenuation of the signal (proportional to the square of the distance traveled.) Further for more powerful signals, but radio and TV signals don't have that much energy behind them because it's not needed.

I should also say that directed radar broadcasts would be detectable much further out, but radio and TV are omnidirectional. It's impossible to distinguish them from background noise a few light years out.

Harte

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

They haven't arrived to deal with us...yet.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
I'd like to put in a pitch for "Forge of God"/"Anvil of Stars" by Greg Bear.

It would be naive to assume that aliens are nice.

If the EM transmissions from a civilization is quiet until it forms a union with another civilization, do you still think it would be destroyed?
edit on 10-11-2015 by rajas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

When thinking about the good things list - like the sun, air, water, cows(steak), electricity/air conditioning... its all kinda irrelevant if Im not existing, ie the top of the good things list. Dont think aliens are going to help any of us continue to exist, and personally I love existing.

Hopefully everyone has spent as much time researching God as aliens.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I agree, always thought it was foolish to advertise were here. Assume the worst.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas

originally posted by: Bedlam
I'd like to put in a pitch for "Forge of God"/"Anvil of Stars" by Greg Bear.

It would be naive to assume that aliens are nice.

If the EM transmissions from a civilization is quiet until it forms a union with another civilization, do you still think it would be destroyed?

How would they know about each other?

But sure, the communication delay between any two star systems is going to be so long that you'll never know the other one has fallen before they're on you.

They'll just drop some von Neumann machinery on your world, and that's all she wrote.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join