It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Terrorism the worst sort of Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I grew up in the 60's and 70's. One of my worst childhood memories was watching movies in school showing us what nuclear war would look like. I remember having drills at school where we would get under our desks because of a simulated nuclear attack. These were in my opinion a form of terrorism. Now days they do something similar with terrorism and school shooter drills. Teaching children to be in fear seems to have been continued from generation to generation. I remember when I started high school I had little hope that the human race would survive past Y2K. I never thought I would make it to 40 never mind 50. The constant threat of nuclear annihilation took a lot of my hope, and turned my dreams to nightmares. No child needs to be raised in the hopeless environment that says you have no future. That your world could be destroyed at any moment. This is a high form of cruelty which my entire generation was forced to grow up in.

Drug abuse has always affected humankind but it became rampant when nuclear annihilation was ever present in everybody's mind. Then they launched the war on drugs. That is like launching a war against the symptom of a disease without admitting that the disease was caused by the situation. The threat of global nuclear war is still present of course but not like it was back then. Terrorism grew out of this threat, out of the hopelessness people feel in a world gone mad. Mutual Assured Destruction.

I think that if we can not figure out how to live together in a world without the constant threat of global destruction at our own hands we have failed as a species. Our fate seemed sealed to me as a child but now that I am middle aged I think we need to lead ourselves because no one seems able to lead us out of this mess. Terror makes people stupid and dependent. We need to be raised out of terror with real courage taking charge in this world. We need leaders that lead with ideas not threats of violence.

We will only give the world fear and hopelessness so long as we lead the world with the biggest threat of death and destruction. That is the root cause of terrorism in my view. The US and every other nuclear power threaten all of us with the constant threat of destruction beyond our control, and worse than even nature can dish out. We need to end this terrorism and not just pass it to another generation to resolve.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence
Wouldn't Biological Terrorism be the worst sort of terrorism? Whereas nuclear terror is a one time thing per strike in a limited area, biological terror can lead to spread over a larger area, killing possibly many more than a nuclear device would. Also the fact that biological terror would be harder to track than a nuclear bomb, presumably a dirty bomb.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Don't give people ideas.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
"You've thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain't worth the blood
That runs in your veins

Bob Dylan - Masters Of War

Psychopaths.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

During the mid to late 80s i lived in Woomera a support centre for Nurrungar an early detection centre for ballistic missile launches .
en.wikipedia.org...

Did i think about where i lived , yes sure i did , it would have been a first strike location if the SHTF . I am still here . Those at the top do not want the end of the world any more than us at the bottom . Uncle Vlad may be worth up to 200 billion by some estimates , not worth a penny in ANY underground bunker . Obama still has golf courses to play . Personally i would worry about terrorist organisations gaining stealing or developing nuclear weapons . Oh , and little Kim .

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Whereas nuclear terror is a one time thing per strike in a limited area, biological terror can lead to spread over a larger area, killing possibly many more than a nuclear device would.

Nuclear devices can kill millions and have a lasting impact on survivors.

I'd say that nuclear warfare is worse because it can affect subsequent generations.
edit on 10-11-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

With biological terrorism you have nature trying to regain balance immediately. In a nuclear annihilation situation nature can only slowly rebuild after another few billion years.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz
Thing is, biological weapons could have a greater effect even than that, dependent on the weapon and reaction/containment.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
I'm sure they've already had it.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
That's very true, but biological weapons are designed to kill and withstand, not like a cold and there have been natural diseases that caused catastrophes.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Yes.. But,

In the current geopolitical environment though, no side will openly risk it.

We're in an era of proxy wars right now. Biological weapons come with plausible deniability.

Nuclear warfare=War. Neither side wants all out war.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Every pathogen has the same weakness, UV-C light. They can all be killed quickly and effectively just with light. Nuclear pollution caused by a global nuclear war on the other hand has no effective remediation. Only decaying half lives of the particles permeating everything will reduce the destruction. Nature will recover only on a geological scale. Disease is like wild fire. Very hot, quick and deadly for a short time.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The more deadly form of terrorism that affects each and every one of us, unless you are one of the disgusting predicators holding man at ransom, are the banking terrorists. They finance all these other things, but they are the instigators of human suffering.

Just look at their power, the millions of deaths they cause by provoking wars and manipulation of our politics? People don't look at the way they withhold supplies of things until they can manipulate higher costs etc (just to skim over the tip of this particular group's iceberg.

The threats most people think about are mostly void, except in tiny areas because if you start releasing nuclear, biological and chemical warfare it can backfire into your own nasty grubby little face. But financial terrorists are protected by governments even when they are waging war on those governments own citizens.

Never underestimate the power of these suited thugs - they hate us all.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
"You've thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain't worth the blood
That runs in your veins

Bob Dylan - Masters Of War

Psychopaths.

Yessss! My favourite! What a song, what a guy!

"And I'll stand over your grave until I'm sure that you're dead".

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz
Well the OP said terrorist attack so it's not the governments so it's not impossible

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

While true. But terrorist nuclear attack would not lead to nuclear war. So I'd still say biological.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

You just are not getting it. The terrorism is the constant threat of nuclear annihilation by global nuclear powers. They refresh this threat with every rocket test. Like the trident firing off the California coast for instance.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well than that's not terrorism. Now is it. Terrorism is by terrorist organizations or by Global Powers proxy terrorist organizations. Between Global Powers it is war, not terrorism.

top topics

join