It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the purpose of life: observation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

I'm afraid I still don't understand. Are you making the assertion that i'm asking about, or not? A yes or no, with an elaboration if answering with the latter would clarify things for me.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I think it's more than just observation though. It's a feedback loop always. Or a processing of information which includes some kind of input-processing-output. It's constant and physical too. Everything from the food we eat and drink and even breathing. We are constantly taking in something and giving back something else. Even we ourselves live lives of birth-function-death where we take then give back ourselves to the overall system of life.

But there has to be more than just taking in information or else it would be useless.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
if one is observing something of a human creation, they will always be deceived.

therefore cognition has functioned as well as observation.

the sole purpose of life is to observe the surrounding areas. what else is there?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I assert that life is trying to survive. If life is trying to survive, then your assertion is false.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sociolpath

a tree can observe a specific area above, and underground

I don't think a tree 'observes' anything.

a caribou or salmon somehow decides to observe the same area of its ancestors

Perhaps the caribou and salmon don't 'decide' anything.

a human observes only death in the area

I observe life in abundance.

when a life form has observed all that it can observe what is there left

Can a life form observe all that there is?

what is the purpose of life aside from observation?

Life may not have a 'purpose'.

everything created by a living being will destroy life.

Can a living being 'create' anything really?

edit on 10-11-2015 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

everything that a living being creates must first destroy, therefore any new creation of matter is death.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Dude, sounds like you have awfully destructive sex?!? You know how babies are made? Where is death in that?
Then there are trees for example, what is destroyed to create a new tree? The blossom? But that's the purpose of it's bloom.
Life is the meaning of life.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The meaning of life is the one you give it. I prefer to live the purposeless life. No pressure just happenings

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
In some people's world death does not exist. it is just change. We don't destroy anything, we just change

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Life is about learning and playing in a human body, and knowing nothing in order to experience what it's like to not know everything.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I agree in a different sense of the word. I take it as observation, to learn, to experience life.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

a human observes only death in the area

I am a human and I observe life in 'my' area.... life, laughter, joy... not death!

what is the purpose of life aside from observation?

The purpose of life is procreation

therefore creating anything is not a part of life, but death
everything created by a living being will destroy life.

I have created three amazing children..... how are they destroying anything?

Or are you talking about technology?
edit on 10-11-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2015 by Agartha because: SPAG!!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I did not mean to be humorous. Observation is nothing without cognition, without learning. There are many who do nothing but observe. They are not living. They see but do not understand. They see and are deceived because our senses lie to us.

As a frequently passive Observer myself, I have to admit that you do make a valid point.

However, I firmly believe it is about balance. I have been through a phase of analysing every second I exist and it is intellectually exhausting to say the least.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I've read that the universe created life so it could observe itself.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

"God cannot know himself without me." - Meister Eckhart

"The eye by which I see God is the same as the eye by which God sees me. My eye and God's eye are one and the same." - Meister Eckhart

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Perhaps we really are meant to observe our surroundings and all that you said - but I personally think it's more like we are spiritual beings (energy beings?) who are having a mortal experience. Or maybe we take this trip more than once. In order to do this "correctly", we are made to not remember our "spiritual selves".

In my opinion, it's not good and evil, just experiences. The point of life is the experience, the journey, the mortal feelings.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
the purpose of life is to uderstand at whats it like to be alive and then to take that feeling with you .............

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If a living being stops observing , they have died. Therefore if a living being stops observing, and this abrupt cessasion of the observation was not observed, they do not die.

By observing your species deaths, you kill your species. A living being cannot die if they are truly alone.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You have two halves of a coconut and your banging them together!

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: sociolpath
If a living being stops observing , they have died. Therefore if a living being stops observing, and this abrupt cessasion of the observation was not observed, they do not die.

One can be died for eons and, regain awareness at an instance during toddler years and start observing and learning anew.

Death doesn't really matter, in that context. One is spiritualy dead if they create that illussion of disconnection to the higher concious being they / we are.

Peace

<< 1    3 >>

join