It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No wonder the folks in L.A were freaking out - check out this amazing pic!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Cynic

I hope that it's just whale "spit"...

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Are you purposefully playing obtuse here?
No. Perhaps it was a language difference. I thought you were claiming that there were reports of sightings from across the world. I thought you were claiming that the missile went around the world (orbit?)

It's not the first time a rocket has caused a stir internationally. It happens very often.
Falcon

I just asked if anyone thinks that is possible... I guess your answer is no
I didn't say that. But I don't think it's the case. I think that the launch occurred when and where it did for operational reasons.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

They could test off the coast of Oregon, Washington, or even Alaska. Instead they're now testing tridents off the coast of California and Florida.

Florida? They have been using southern California for a long time. It is a designated testing area.
www.navair.navy.mil...

edit on 11/10/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Except they were informed prior to the launches that there would be launches made. Not exactly when, but they were given a window when they would occur.

I very much doubt that.

The US announcing anything it does ahead of time, thats a lark.

You could convince me though, gotta link?

Oh, and its okay to land in my message box…

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, they're so stupid they're going to launch a nuclear capable missile towards Russia and China without telling them. Because that's never going to cause anyone to launch nuclear armed missiles back in retaliation.

It's part of the 1988 agreement between the Soviet Union and US. Launch windows and general launch areas are given prior to launch of any nuclear missile test, as well as the NAVWARN/NOTAM message for the range areas that is passed to anyone that may transit the range areas. Both were posted and sent out for a missile launch warning from the 6th-10th.

But you're right, far better to play nuclear Russian roulette. Both of the will just sit there and watch the pretty missile track.
edit on 11/10/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

But you're right, far better to play nuclear Russian roulette. Both of the will just sit there and watch the pretty missile track.

They have to, until it reaches apogee its (destination) isn't clear. Not as clear as heading in their general direction (East) in the beginning anyway.

Besides, its just one track. Excuse me, two. The second time they were more alert, just like when the second plane hit the second tower.

Edit: Oh and agreement shmeeement. The US makes those to break them.
edit on 10-11-2015 by intrptr because: Edit:

edit on 10-11-2015 by intrptr because: spelling (destination)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Have you bothered to read the history of some of the near misses in the Cold War? Orders were given to launch at least once with nothing more than a launch signature showing up during the launch of a rocket that was going in the general direction of Russia. One rocket.

They're not going to sit around and wait to order a retaliatory strike to see where it's going.

Oh right, I forgot the US is nothing but pure evil that thinks it's fun to play Russian roulette with nuclear missiles.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Have you bothered to read the history of some of the near misses in the Cold War?

I was alive during that history, don't think any launches resulted. Just caused the hair to stand on peoples necks and maybe change their trousers… as these are designed to do.

You can run written history at me all day, (I think) we both know its ' official (Hi)story'.

Until a missile reaches apogee the target isn't known. Thats some minutes when the source (Ocean sub launch) and intent (one missile) isn't at all clear.

The generals purity of essence and precious bodily fluids notwithstanding, the people and enemy are kept in the dark just as long as convenient.

That scenario was covered in Dr. Strangelove.
Of course, there are no rogue sub captains out there gone insane, launching a missile to start WWIII. Of course they don't have that capability without "launch codes". And who in their right mind would think for even a second they would try such a thing?

After all, pointing thousands of missiles at each other on a hair trigger is completely MAD, anyway, isn't it?

Or is it?

Whats even more maddening for poor early warning detection operators and their chain of command is trying to determine a missile launch in the early stages, even one, at sea, heading theirs.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Oh, come on Zaphod! You (and Phage) know there's no room for rational, intelligent posting in a thread full of hysterics. This is clearly being done to intentionally start a nuclear war between the USA and Russia/China. Oh, and of course the aliens too! Because obviously there are no lights in the sky that aren't aliens.

SMH.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tallcool1

This is clearly being done to intentionally start a nuclear war between the USA and Russia/China.

Thats improbable, Merlin. But from time to time used for causing involuntary urination.

Like sneaking up on poor souls and going, Booo! They might fall off their mountain.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I didn't say launches did I.

In 1995 a rocket was launched from Norway. Long before it reached apogee Russian radar operators decided it was a nuclear missile carrying multiple reentry vehicles. Russia activated their missile system and prepared to launch until it was determined it was heading out to sea.

That was the most recent incident but it isn't the only one to have happened.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

There you go. The people of LA weren't told, either.

Everyone on both ends s of the ocean can be a little afraid for a little while.. The Western US because they saw it and the Eastern folk because they detected it.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yes because you know for a fact they weren't told. I have past evidence to back me up, what do you have other than "The US makes agreements to break them".

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sure looks like Photoshop work to me. There is nothing natural about the blue streak. I acknowledge that the Navy was doing something off shore from LA. But I do not believe that image to be true.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
Do you think it is possible they are doing these tests over a highly populated area
precisely because the internet was so abuzz about the Russians Bulava tests?

No. These are planned months/years in advance. They're done where they are because there are major Navy test installations on the coasts and Naval islands (San Clemente & San Nicholas), and it's close to many of the labs of the manufacturer. They actually do measure all sorts of things, it's just a job for people.

The missile traveled over the ocean.

Many Air Force missiles launch from Vandenberg, somewhat further north and are well visible in SoCal. I've seen them, and they look pretty similar.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes! It was one of, if not the most beautiful things I have ever seen in the sky. I was lucky enough to see it from the beginning. Unfortunately my phone was dead so I couldn't record.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

I saw it. It was blue.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So people actually believe what these known liars tell them, and take it at face value? If it was a weapons test, it didn't look like any Trident II I could find around the web.
edit on 10-11-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yes because you know for a fact they weren't told. I have past evidence to back me up, what do you have other than "The US makes agreements to break them".

Because the US has always broken its agreements.

Google treaties with Native American tribes for starters.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Again, so because you say so they didn't tell anyone it was happening. You don't have any actual proof that they didn't besides your say so.

So I guess Russia and China don't bother with receiving NOTAMS and warnings to Mariners. That's all they'd need to know to see that a missile launch was coming even if they weren't notified.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join