It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist smuggled into Europe disguised as refugee on boat heading for Italy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

And would people stop using the UKexpress, Daily Mail, and UK mirror as sources already.....

Not likely as these papers have the juiciest rubbish and the headlines that appeal to peoples misguided views

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It was reported in the UK media that the intelligence service knows of at least 700 UK citizens who have gone to Syria to join ISIS. Most of the British public think they should have their passports annulled and prevented from returning to the UK.

In reality do you think this will not happen? I don't. I think MI5 will allow them back in and track them rationalising that this will lead to bigger gains (eg cells). The risk that they disappear off MI5s radar and potentially cause an atrocity is a risk MI5 will be prepared to take in my opinion.

Frightening isn't it!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is just an idea..., however ideas seem to infuriate some people on here instead of spark simple debates. However...

Can we not negotiate with a large country like Saudi Arabia for a huge patch of land they are never going to use and help to create a new country where the rest of the world help fund. There people would then have 2 options. Stay and help colonize a new life with new laws and government. Or go back to their homeland. They would not have freedom of movement for a long time until many new things would be in place.

This would mean no need for migrants, human rights are in place, costs would be significantly down and although these people might not be happy that they have few choices in life it may just be more choices than they ever would have had.

I suspect there are plenty of places in the world we could do this with a large enough land mass. We guard our borders which would be what we would do around them but they have freedom of choice and movement withing that area, which could be huge.

just an idea. Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

To be really accurate, that should read, "known terrorist" because most of those "refugees" are fighting-age men, and we all know their intentions are not peaceful. They bring violence wherever they go.

What needs to be done is a massive halt on this "refugee" movement, and a forced removal of ALL of them from wherever they have gone. People can label me however they want, but that's what is needed. Welcoming extremists isn't ever a good idea.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

The Muslim community are the only ones who can remove this terrorist cancer.

My heart bleeds for the refugees, it really does. But the civilized world needs to shut its borders until its guaranteed swarms of terrorists aren't filtering in disguised as refugees.

Instead of running away, stay home and fight. Remove the threat so you dont need to leave.
By coming to our countries your just bringing it with you and the problem will never go away

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Or unless it's a mass import of fighters who'll then be armed from the armouries that patsies are being manipulated into keeping.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gazzerman

It didn't really work well with Israel though, did it? In fact, it made things worse. What's wrong with accepting refugees until it's safe for them to go home?

ETA - OP, do you have any opinions on this thread or not? What are your suggestions, you haven't offered them yet.
edit on 10-11-2015 by beansidhe because: eta

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: deliberator
It was reported in the UK media that the intelligence service knows of at least 700 UK citizens who have gone to Syria to join ISIS. Most of the British public think they should have their passports annulled and prevented from returning to the UK.

In reality do you think this will not happen? I don't. I think MI5 will allow them back in and track them rationalising that this will lead to bigger gains (eg cells). The risk that they disappear off MI5s radar and potentially cause an atrocity is a risk MI5 will be prepared to take in my opinion.

Frightening isn't it!

Not particularly.

If passports are revoked, they'll just get new ones that will make them harder to track.

With the current tech SIS has, short of them getting their limbs amputated and eyes replaced there's no way of slipping out the system - i.e look up gait DNA - it's about 10 years old so I can mention it, no idea what the replacement could be but believe me it's better. news.bbc.co.uk...

Couple that with ring of steel and ANPRs and a few million cameras and we're pretty solid, and that's before factoring in agents etc....

We've far mroe to fear from the IRA than we have from ISIS or islamic millitants, they've caused far more bombings and terror offences in the past 10 years, it just doesn't go reported as it's not in fashion.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Hey thanks for the info and the link. I watched the movie "Closed Circuit" recently. It probably coloured my perception.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Instead of running away, stay home and fight. Remove the threat so you dont need to leave.
By coming to our countries your just bringing it with you and the problem will never go away

Rhetoric

"Stay home and fight"? Easy to say, hard to do. Fear is a huge driver.

There's bugger all threat in New Zealand, mate, and you know it, so enough with the 'our countries' bollocks.

The biggest roadblock to a peaceful world is nationalism, patriotism and a sense of ownership....oh, and misinformation and the spread of lies.

edit on 10-11-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Or unless it's a mass import of fighters who'll then be armed from the armouries that patsies are being manipulated into keeping.

Who would also fly in on fake paper work so they could control where they end up. And anyone creating an armory is going to have the attention of several intel agencies. This is not a movie.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I haven't watched a movie for a great many years. It's all dross. I'm frequently shocked by the way movies control minds. For example I occasionally wear an Australian leather hat in sun or rain. My heart sinks when someone looks at my hat and mentions Crocodile Dundee or Indiana Jones. Do they not realise movies are fantasy?

How about you? Do you watch movies and allow that dross to enter your mind?

Convincing paperwork isn't available to everyone.

Your opinion that intelligence agencies will be aware of "anyone creating an armory" is a hopeful one.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

It's just occurred to me that the problem with movie associations is being transported from the present to the past. Instead of occupying themselves with the actual reality of the moment, the movie watcher will encounter triggers throughout their daily life that transport them to an occasion in the past when they sat transfixed to a hypnotic screen.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

So, I guess you're against reading fiction too. Too bad, you've missed out on some good ideas, as well as amusement. In both novel and film.

edit on 11/11/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

The biggest roadblock to a peaceful world is nationalism, patriotism and a sense of ownership....oh, and misinformation and the spread of lies.

Well said

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What do you think I write? I'd never put my name to all this if I thought it was true.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
A terrorist who is trying to sneak into a county like this is either to stupid or to poorly funded to worry about. Every major terrorist attack has been performed by people who fly into a county with forged paper work. If a terror group can not manage at least that much they are nothing to worry about. They do not need to sneak in unless they are incompetent.

Thank you MrSpad you have genuinley restored my faith in the motto of Deny ignorance.

Smuggling in "Terrorists" as refugees would be an incredibly stupid way to go about it. Forged paperwork, a respectable job and legitimate reason for entering the country and a large stash of cash would be the sensible option and could pose a real threat.

If this is indeed the case then they are not terrorists they are idiots.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Convincing paperwork isn't available to everyone.

I think the issue here is that things just do not add up.

We are expected to believe that there is a highly organised well funded organisation intent on bringing a reign of terror to our nation. If this was the case then why would they struggle to forge paperwork, bribe officials and set up a large terror network and then actually start commiting acts of terror to further their cause?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

For example I occasionally wear an Australian leather hat in sun or rain. My heart sinks when someone looks at my hat and mentions Crocodile Dundee or Indiana Jones. Do they not realise movies are fantasy?

How about you? Do you watch movies and allow that dross to enter your mind?

The vast majority of people are influenced by the screen they watch....tv has hypnotized the masses and they are not even aware of it...hell me typing this now could be a construct of a movie a watched.....

I was really shocked the last time i traveled to Europe to visit my family,it was in 08 and yes it is time for another visit,anyhow we had a family vacation in the french alps at a club med,i was the only Aussie there and i was flabbergasted at the french girls coming up to me joking about "that is not knife,this is a knife"...seriously crocodile dundee came out in 1986 and it was still the joke of the day

Dont get me wrong i like the french i speak french fluently i was just amazed at how that had stuck...movies most certainly have an impact on ones views in life

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Revenge for diverse war crimes comes in the form of a mood rather than a highly organised well funded organisation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join