It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann Claims There's Violence In Israel Because Jesus Is 'Coming Soon'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Gryphon66n

I haven't thought about her in years. At some point she passed her relevancy expiration date (in my opinion). Certainly you are free to comment on her, but I don't see you as being as mean-spirited in your posts as the OP. That is why I specifically questioned his intentions on bringing her up.

I suppose I don't give a hoot what Bachmann believes so by all means feel free to comment on her beliefs. I simply don't see the point.

Fair enough.

For the record, I don't find the OP to be mean-spirited at all, just blunt.

You and I should both be glad that's not a hangin' offense, LOL.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Krazy, good on your for holding to your course. This is an important thread; the interlacing of Dominionism in our government and those who are working to bring that about is an important topic.

I know that being called a liberal or a Christian-basher when you aren't one is frustrating and disappointing, yet, you take it in stride and remain evidence-based (and more congenial than I generally manage.)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It is what it is. I don't compromise my beliefs or my style because I made a few people on the internet mad. Let them fume. If they don't want to discuss the OP, they'll be ignored; and I'm NOT a part of the message in the OP.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Then we have nutjobs like Huckabee calling for a Theocracy

Co ca in is a hellava drug
~Rick James-

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Then we have nutjobs like Huckabee calling for a Theocracy

Co ca in is a hellava drug
~Rick James-

More like religion is a hellava drug.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t ''The end'' coming soon is not a bad thing for Christians and most can not wait for the return.
As a Christian, I take into account,
Matthew 24:36 ''But that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.''
Yes I believe in converting folks, but we need to set examples of following Christ's number 1 commandment and love one another.
This lady is trying to scare people and her ego is getting in he way, IMHO. Does she actually think that God is going to favor her for this so called ''prediction''? I don't think so, I think she just wants recognition and hasn't read her bible lately...
Matthew 24:36
Mark 13:32
Acts 1:7
biblehub.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Please, please, Jesus, make the crazy people go away.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Gryphon66n

I haven't thought about her in years. At some point she passed her relevancy expiration date (in my opinion). Certainly you are free to comment on her, but I don't see you as being as mean-spirited in your posts as the OP. That is why I specifically questioned his intentions on bringing her up.

I suppose I don't give a hoot what Bachmann believes so by all means feel free to comment on her beliefs. I simply don't see the point.

You are wasting your time since a certain growing segment of society cannot understand that sayin' aint doin'. Meaning that they are more concerned with what people say than the actions of people that should be, in a sane and equal world, considered deplorable. They can make all kinds of excuses for even the most horrific crimes, but if you happen to say something that they do not agree with then they go ballistic. It is odd and nothing good comes from this mind set and at the very least it stifles creativity and freedom. It is sad and we have become a civilization of rats and cry babies.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Krazysh0t ''The end'' coming soon is not a bad thing for Christians and most can not wait for the return.

It really should be a bad thing... Christians being impatient for the "imminent" end for the last 2000 years can be directly seen as responsible for not assisting to fix the world's problems now, instead relying on a 3rd party to save them from everything. I view such thinking as highly irresponsible and lazy. God didn't create our problems, we did. So it behooves us to fix them, not let daddy do it for us.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

While she certainly has her right to believe and say what she chooses and ought to have that right, the problem is, there she is in the media saying those things.

So, while there are plenty of people wise enough to know that her claim isn't true, that claim still needs to be countered by commenters and others because despite her lack of relevance in the news for the most part, she is still a public figure and has an impact in our society.

Consider that she has nearly 250,000 alleged Twitter followers alone. This means her nutty ranting is getting out to that many people just from that account. Then you have this article on Huffpost. If her claims aren't countered by voices of reason, then chances are more people will believe that sort of thing. That's how it works.

Many people are highly susceptible to that kind of belief. Think of the problems that could cause: one or more people ruin their lives thinking they don't need to work or spending their savings, parents forcing their children to believe the lies, family issues or fights from a family member that insists the time is coming sooon, and these days, you cannot rule out actual violent acts from people who become obsessed with a notion. The power of influence is a VERY strong power no matter how popular the celebrity is.

Could you see your comments showing up on major media? It's just as unlikely as mine showing up. She's clearly influential and so yes, when she talks crazy like this, it needs to be addressed.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Another Christian nutter with a voice. She's horrible.

Sooo many Christians waiting for non believers and people of other faiths to be wiped out. Women, children, the elderly- it doesn't matter to them.

And they say their religion is loving, like their god. Sorry. What kind of god makes people faulty and them blames (and will eventually kill) them for it.

I'm sick of hearing about gloating, hateful Christians.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

You should talk to a psychiatrist about this. In a world with millions of people we cannot expect to agree with all of them. I love watching the youtube preachers, does not mean i believe in what they say or that they even come close to demanding that i do. It is, at least, creative and can be fun, especially the apologetic ones are amazing and energetic. Sure they have been around for thousands of years, or at least hundreds. By the same token you (one) can say "we need to ban all those rock n' roll records" or ban films etc. We going over the slippery slope and you just going to take away freedom. Hitler would be proud of you guys...some of the respondents.
edit on 9-11-2015 by Harvin because: Edited to conform to the T&C

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

and so is Santa... all this killing and despair over some make believe
Sky fairy... it really makes me want to puke.
edit on Mon, 09 Nov 2015 16:00:27 -0600004America/ChicagoMonday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
There been violence in Israel since long before and long after Jesus was murdered on the cross.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
There been violence in Israel since long before and long after Jesus was murdered on the cross.

Yeah... because of the push for the Abrahamic brand of monotheism. Christianity didn't begin with Jesus. If that were true then why don't Christians feel comfortable throwing away the old testament?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

What do you mean throw away? Probably well over 80-90% of Christians dont adhere to the old testament. Some are creationists and adhere to the seven day scenario and then many believe in evolution too. Also, many non-christians and non-religious do not believe in evolution. Just too many straw men, logical fallacies and red herrings in these arguments.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

So? Why do you care what she believes? Do you not believe in freedom of religion? She has as much right to her opinions as does anyone else. Are you angry with her, or Christianity in general?

Your last paragraph isn't even accurate. From the Biblical Christian perspective, there will come an end to things as they are, and a time of tribulation, and then the return of Jesus. These things are discussed in length in prophecy. For anyone who believes the Bible is accurate, the prophecies are not something one would be able to change. Whatever timetable God has, in other words, we cannot alter. What we can do is to share what we believe, which is what, from the Christian perspective, matters in the eternal.

None of that means, either, that someone who believes that is needed does nothing else. It doesn't mean people cannot help one another in other ways, or work to better their society, or whatever else.

Instead of assuming such a position is passive, try actually asking people who hold such a view what they think. I am not shy; ask away. That said, I won't play attack games, so only ask if you actually want answers; don't ask just to argue.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

edit on 11/9/2015 by Klassified because: Sorry OP. Its been a bad day, and I went off on a tangent.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Some of us care because we believe that religious zealots may be not only looking forward to but encouraging and fostering this war leading to the destruction of the planet. And religious zealots like that in power are something to fear. That and they just might not care as much about this world as the next. It''s a dangerous thing.
edit on 11/9/2015 by ~Lucidity because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

So? Why do you care what she believes? Do you not believe in freedom of religion? She has as much right to her opinions as does anyone else. Are you angry with her, or Christianity in general?

If my religion or doctrine impacted your life adversely; would you be angry with me.

People in power that want a theocracy scare me. Most of them are idiots like Palin and Bachmann, Carson or Cruz. And your support of idiots scares me as well.
edit on 9-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join