It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Republicans are revolting: They keep winning elections, and keep getting angrier

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So, other than the fact that the article was written by racists, you love it...and it's really important we all take it seriously?

[face palm]

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That is how government works....So in other words the dems for the sake of compromise pushed through a bill that they didnt want? How is that working out. Seems to me if they stuck to their guns they would have better represented their constituents. Instead the insurance companies and the govt are the winners. Yay compromise!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: deadeyedick

Proof? Oh wait, you have none. That is all wild and baseless conjecture.

Proof of what exactly?

boner was 3rd in line to the president

all the proof you need is the fact Obama was never impeached for his crimes

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: introvert

So, other than the fact that the article was written by racists, you love it...and it's really important we all take it seriously?

[face palm]

You can take it for what it's worth. If you disagree with it, point out the items of disagreement and lets discuss it.

Otherwise it appears that you and others are willing to come in to this thread and prove that the racists at Salon were right.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

That is how government works....So in other words the dems for the sake of compromise pushed through a bill that they didnt want? How is that working out. Seems to me if they stuck to their guns they would have better represented their constituents. Instead the insurance companies and the govt are the winners. Yay compromise!!!!

No argument from me on that one. I'm not a Democrat and am not beholden to defending their idiotic mistakes. I was just presenting Obamacare as an example of the Democrats being willing to compromise on things.
edit on 9-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Just another republican bashing thread.

Traditional American Values are looked upon as bad, though those traditions did the most to bring about peace and prosperity to ALL people.

But perverted lifestyles and drug use are looked upon as good, and all we see with this change is more violence, anger from the left and the liberals claiming WHITE people are the problem.

Perilous times are upon us.

Here is a fact, countrys that dont adapt die.

Countrys that are not flexible die

Countrys that dont listen to its people die.

That goes for democrats as well as republicans.

link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

a reply to: deadeyedick

Proof? Oh wait, you have none. That is all wild and baseless conjecture.

all the proof you need is the fact Obama was never impeached for his crimes

Which were?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
BLM, Occupy Movement, Anonymous, NBPP, NAACP, DNC, NOI, just to name a few

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

countries that are every evolving die.

examples can be found in Greece, Rome, Babylon, Egypt.

Everyone of these societies died from evolution.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

what difference at this point does it make.

how about destroying the constitution

creating and enforcing illegal taxes

If some repub nut was elected and decided to tax every American for simply being American at what dollar amount would you be ok with paying before you viewed the born in the usa tax as being illegal?

100$ a week
at what level of theft do you see a crime being committed?

How about murder. jihad john was a usa citizen. there are many others
edit on 9-11-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I will give you that . I am not saying necessarily you agree with all dem actions just as I don't agree with republicans for the most part but what we are seeing now is really just people trying to wrest control of their party back from the gatekeepers who sold out. I am not against compromise if it accomplishes something better than what it proposes to change but so far we don't get much of that from compromising politicians. The only thing compromised is the integrity of both parties. The left is just afraid that true republican ideas might start to emerge from the party again where as all of the compromise over the last few presidencies have left us with a lot of watered down bad for business ( the American people) legislature that sort of aligned with what the left has wanted and neither party has given their constituents much besides a failing economy.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: crazyewok

countries that are every evolving die.

examples can be found in Greece, Rome, Babylon, Egypt.

Everyone of these societies died from evolution.

Yes radical change causes death to.

You need a balance.

Countrys that stay the same and dont evolve die.

Countrys that go radical and change to quick die.

Case in point Great Britain has been around since 1066. Its changed slowly over the times and been somewhat flexible to social change, but never (barring the civil war 1642) makeing quick or radical changes. As such it still exists today as a first world stable nation.

Then look at the kingdom of france.....that didnt change and it died.

So did the kingdom of Spain, tsarist Russia. Et al most of Europe.

On the flip side NAZI germany and the Soviet union tore themselves apart by being to radical.

The key is balance.

edit on 9-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

what difference at this point does it make.

Because impeachment is a very serious thing to level on someone. You need specifics and cannot be vague about it.

how about destroying the constitution

Which parts of the Constitution have been destroyed and how have they been destroyed exactly? Also, how is that Obama's sole fault? Again you are trying to make a case for impeachment here.

creating and enforcing illegal taxes

Which are?

If some repub nut was elected and decided to tax every American for simply being American at what dollar amount would you be ok with paying before you viewed the born in the usa tax as being illegal?

100$ a week
at what level of theft do you see a crime being committed?

The courts ruled that Obamacare was legal. I don't like it as much as you do, but it certainly isn't grounds to impeach Obama.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
yea

it was a clear question.

how much money does a thief have to take from you before you call it theft?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

I am not against compromise if it accomplishes something better than what it proposes to change but so far we don't get much of that from compromising politicians.

This doesn't make any sense. How are you going to know the results of a compromise to make that judgement call before the compromise has actually taken place? Give me an example of a compromise happening in the past that you were for when the compromise was occurring that lived up to these ideals.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

yea

it was a clear question.

how much money does a thief have to take from you before you call it theft?

So my questions weren't clear then? Is that why you completely ignored them with your post here? By the way, even if Obamacare was an illegal tax, it isn't grounds to impeach Obama. It would just be overturned by the Supreme Court and that would be that. Politicians passing or supporting unconstitutional bills isn't an impeachable offense.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

OSH act signed by Nixon would be an example. It didn't help his party but was done to the benefit of all American workers.

How does it not make sense? Why would you approve a compromise that's end goal was worse than what you wanted or currently have? As in ACA. I guess if they could have read the bill first but that's an excuse I don't buy for a minute.

My point being that it is nonsensical to say we cant estimate the outcomes of compromises unless we put them into practice first.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

I'm saying that it is easy to look back on a compromise that turned out successful in the present and make the determination that it was a good thing, but when the heat is on and everyone is fiercely debating both sides of it, the results are murkier.

Look at NAFTA. Back in the day, it was a widely celebrated bill that was supposed to help Mexico, Canada, and ourselves having economic prosperity. NOW we know that it heralded in the age of outsourcing jobs and not to mention it DEVASTATED Mexico's agricultural economy. Seriously, NAFTA broke Mexico worse than it broke us. At least we recovered somewhat from the damage (or depending on who you ask, have slowed down the loss of jobs somewhat); Mexico still hasn't recovered.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

So I take it that you will be just fine when the man takes all your funds.

Imposing illegal taxes knowing full well that they go against the constitution is illegal as murdering American citizens with rc helicopters. There is very much illegal activities that bush started and bama continued simply because they had political cover to perform illegal duties without being held accountable. Boner and his replacement have been the ones that directly covered for the crimes.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

So why did you bring it up????

Because the Republicans had the Democrats compromise on the bill before it went to vote. By the time it got to vote, it was such a travesty that the Republicans didn't want anything to do with it, and the Democrats wanted to push it through for the sake of getting something through Congress.

You actually have the nerve to post this?? Really??

Your own majority leader said 'pass it then we'll read it'. How can the Republican's 'compromise on something that no one has even read??

Your post is pure bull.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join