It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Republicans are revolting: They keep winning elections, and keep getting angrier

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yes, let's do look as that Obamacare disaster..

If the Dems pass a highly controversial bill, and announce they have to pass the bill to see what's in it, does that mean those Dems voting for the bill cannot read, too busy to bother, lazy, or in a rush to give Americans a goose egg? The launch was a circus!

If the Republicans take the WH, it is solely because the Dems handed it over, not because they "won". And skin color has no role in this.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Did you know the federal gov't has 'shut down' 17 times from the 1970's to the 1990's?

Seventeen times.

We are still here. No disaster whatsoever. The gambit of fear of shutdown has been used and bought into by the RINOs so many times that Obama has gotten his budget passed despite being in the minority.

It is one of our main beefs with the RINOs.

So it's not so 'extreme' to suffer a shut-down is it?

So much bull....

edit on 9-11-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Again, the race issue was Salon's doing and I, in no way, mention race. Do you wish to comment on the rest of the piece?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
What a piece of trash this article. In other words leftist think republicans are too far right for their taste and blame them for not accomplishing the goals of the democratic party. People wonder why the Repubs are glad to see Boehner go well its because compromise means republicans have to lose every time and people are sick of it.

describe what the republicans "have lost every time".....if it's non-workable, loopy crap, maybe the rest of this countries voters are sick of that, too.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Again, the race issue was Salon's doing and I, in no way, mention race. Do you wish to comment on the rest of the piece?

Yet you highlight it. Do you denounce it for being racist?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

What are the compromises the left offers? All I ever see is demonizing the republicans for not agreeing with your views. Blaming whites, the rich , religion etc. What is your proposed compromise? What does Speaker of the House Krazysh0t do his first day on the job?

Here is a hypothetical compromise. Obamacare does not include anything that funds abortion, elective procedures like sex changes, hormone treatments, and they have to cover homosexual aversion therapy for those that want it. Lets see how that goes over with the left. Unless what you mean by compromise is actually getting your way every time.

Here is another example. Mandatory drug testing for welfare recipients. Lets see if the left would compromise on that. The right would agree to support funding those programs if there was mandatory testing. You are telling me that all of the liberal defenders would not hang their party for these compromises? This is what the right is dealing with.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

People so far up their own ideology have problems recognizing the flaws in their thinking.

* handing Krazy a mirror *

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

So because it was done 17 times before, that makes it a good idea to keep doing it? Just because things don't fall apart from them happening doesn't mean it doesn't create a ton of hardship or problems that stem from the shutdown.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Just another republican bashing thread.

Traditional American Values are looked upon as bad, though those traditions did the most to bring about peace and prosperity to ALL people.

But perverted lifestyles and drug use are looked upon as good, and all we see with this change is more violence, anger from the left and the liberals claiming WHITE people are the problem.

Perilous times are upon us.

link   

Right. Posts a racist article from an unabashidly outspoken left wing "news" site and then wonders why people don't take the words in it as the truth.

Like I said, Salon has the same effect as an Infowars article to me.

link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

No truer words have yet to be posted on this thread.

link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

People so far up their own ideology have problems recognizing the flaws in their thinking.

* handing Krazy a mirror *

Point them out and we'll discuss them. I'm more than happy to discuss and analyze the flaws in my thinking, but if you are going to stoop to childish rhetoric like this then don't expect much from me.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: introvert

Yet you highlight it.

I did not highlight it. T and C's require that members copy the title as it is.

Do you denounce it for being racist?

Sure. Now what? Are we going to discuss the real topic at hand or are many of you going to continue to push this race crap?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Yes, let's do look as that Obamacare disaster..

If the Dems pass a highly controversial bill, and announce they have to pass the bill to see what's in it, does that mean those Dems voting for the bill cannot read, too busy to bother, lazy, or in a rush to give Americans a goose egg? The launch was a circus!

If the Republicans take the WH, it is solely because the Dems handed it over, not because they "won". And skin color has no role in this.

skin color no roll in this?.....have you seen the audience for the republican debates?......looks like a Pillsbury dough boy family reunion

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You pushed it by posting the article as if it had any trustworthy information. It's YOUR source. Stop trying to put this on everyone else.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I fail to see the need for the word "white" in the headline or the article. are there not blacks in the conservative right caucus, are there not white moderate conservatives and democrats.... maybe race supremacy might be an issue at the highest level of the conservative republican leadership, but if there is, this isn't something that they are going to allow to become common knowledge among their voter base.

I don't believe anyone now days can reach these high level positions in our gov't without selling their souls and becoming puppets to the corporate, military, and banking elite. dem or republican, they aren't doing what the voters want simply because the voters aren't their masters. oh ya, they will put on a nice show for the voters, to convince them otherwise, but when it comes to passing the laws, well, most of the laws they pass really do seem to rub ALL the voters the wrong way. those types of laws, that bail out banks, that limit our freedoms, that ship our jobs overseas, that give more tax breaks to the big fishies and transfer the burden over to the people, well they seem to get passed with no problem whatsoever, bilateral support! while any legislation that might find overwhelming support from the common folks gets lost in this faked party amimosity toward one another.

the conservative right is just another excuse for them to keep saying no to the things that do matter while coddling their masters by passing crap none of us really would approve us.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
They have house and senate yet unlike with Bill Clinton, the Republicans in power didn't even bother trying to impeach Obama! Duh that's what the tea party wanted . . . what a betrayal!

link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

What are the compromises the left offers? All I ever see is demonizing the republicans for not agreeing with your views. Blaming whites, the rich , religion etc. What is your proposed compromise? What does Speaker of the House Krazysh0t do his first day on the job?

Just look at what became of Obamacare. That is a classic example of the Democrats compromising with the Republicans. Don't pretend like the Democrats don't compromise.

Here is a hypothetical compromise. Obamacare does not include anything that funds abortion, elective procedures like sex changes, hormone treatments, and they have to cover homosexual aversion therapy for those that want it. Lets see how that goes over with the left. Unless what you mean by compromise is actually getting your way every time.

Now, the left gets to turn around and take your idea, likely remove a few ideas and push it back. You aren't going to get your way every time either. You'll have to be willing to let go of a few of those demands.

Here is another example. Mandatory drug testing for welfare recipients. Lets see if the left would compromise on that. The right would agree to support funding those programs if there was mandatory testing. You are telling me that all of the liberal defenders would not hang their party for these compromises? This is what the right is dealing with.

You aren't going to get me to support the money sink that is mandatory drug testing for welfare recipients. That has been shown to be a HUGE waste of money. I thought conservatives were about fiscal responsibility?

link   
a reply to: jimmyx

All those doughboy's sure do seem to like Carson. What say you about that? or are you ignoring the fact that the mean old racist white folks in the repub party have a black front runner? Doesnt support your narrative I guess...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It is a valid, constitutional option. No consensus? Gridlock. As it should be until a consensus is achieved.

Same old argument from the left...in both parties.

The social media is back-firing on the left and falls back on the tried and true template. Fear of shutdown.

Well Boehner has given the left a two year window before he bailed. What's the problem? The budget has been set.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join