It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review.....Spectre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Just about what you woud expect from a oo7 movie. Plenty of splosions, shootin, car chases, fightin, and pretty wimmin.
It was beautifully shot and produced but a weak script, predictable story line, and characters that weren't really all that heroic or badass
enough to be proper villains. Craig came across as just a well dressed hipster in to short pants and not a proper Bond at all.

2 and a half hours....if you go see it...be sure and pee before you go in the theater.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I got me and the lady some premium seats for this bore fest. Craig looks, throughout the whole film, as though he's simply had enough of being bond. It's easy to tell.

It's overly confusing and under performed. One of the best actors isn't even in a good 3/4 of it. The plot-line was so linear that at one point BOTH me and my lady were talking to each other about what happens next and we were 100% right. It's as though this film is terrified to stand out. The narrative follows only the most clichéd outcomes.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

...weak script, predictable story line...

You perfectly described every Bond film ever made.

I will probably see it, but I will go in with my typically low expectations so that I won't be disappointed. I appreciate the review.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Oh wow, this movie sucked so bad...... I was hooked on the trailer, well the trailer made more sense than the movie.. Watch the trailer and save ya money..

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
thx for this !!!

I'll think I'll wait for the DVD !

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I just wanted to know what happened to the cat

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yeah pretty average really.
It had no memorable scenes, it was overly long, not enough screen time for Belluci or Waltz and just felt like it was going through the motions.
It wasn't an awful movie but wasn't great either.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So my review of this movie is two different stories. I would want to know if the director had in mind that they were goiing to give a salute and nod to the old Bonds, if that was his purpose this was a great movie. If it wasnt this was a bad Bond movie.

I am a bond fanatic and a daniel craig hater.I I liked what looked to be nods to the old bonds The train secen from Russia with love. The gondaa Ride. Batista as an indomitable henchman like Jaws. And even daniel craig didnt MMA him to beat him he used a "Bond Move" to beat him like Diamonds are Forever throwing the radio in the bath tub "Bond move"

then its bad because there was no evil ingenius plot to take over the world. it more seemed like a political commentary on our current surveilance sysem. I still dont understand what the bad guys in the movie did wrong. one of the bad guys even said what exactly are you going to bring me in for? and did anyone notice there was no chemistry with miss money penny and Craig. there is supposed to be witty banter between those two. nothing.

But positive side it did seem that bond had more women in this one

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I think the symbolics ruined the movie.. So much it didnt even make any sense, it became like a cutscene movie from a videogame you watch on youtube.. I spent 50 dollars, and i could have just read a good book instead about mythology

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Craig looks, throughout the whole film, as though he's simply had enough of being bond. It's easy to tell.

I thought he looked that way in his FIRST Bond film. Never did like him for the role. In my eyes, Pierce was still the best of both worlds....handsome enough to be believable in the role, while also capable of both the physical kickass and the suave cool demeanor....as well as comedic chops. It's a pretty tall order, but then, I wanted him as Bond before he even was. Those movies also had some of the greatest characters and villains.

Don't get me wrong, I grew up with Moore as Bond, but then saw the older ones where Connery did it better...(Moore was a bit effeminate for Bond after seeing that...), but though willing to give Craig a chance, he turned Bond into a thug. Like Skyfall, (the first Bond movie out in my lifetime that I didn't see in theaters), I'll wait for the DVD.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

a reply to: Gazrok

Yeah man! I like the Craig movies as actual movies but they're not great Bond movies and he is not a very good Bond at all.
In fact I don't really like him in anything I've seen.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I am old and a lifelong fan of James Bond movies. There was only one thing wrong with Spectre. Please hear me out.

[SPOILERS]

After the helicopeter fight, when Bond pulls out of the dive, he should have pealed a piece of black tape off of a Union Jack Lapel pin. It is the first moment in the movie where the Theme music does an upswell. The missing British flag was palpable. And it would have completely changed the rest of the movie.

When he reveals to Moneypenny, the video from M, it would be a callback to killing the guy she secretly sent him after, and made the lapel pin a tie-in to the Union Jack painted Bulldog she gave him.

When Madeliene is rejecting him it will create uncertainty if it is because of what she says or because he is too British at heart.

When Moriarty, I’m sorry I mean Andrew Scott, I’m sorry I mean “C”, has his arguments with “M” it will imply that he does not like Bond’s Britishness, or his antique sense of nationalism in the face of world wide nationless surveillance.

When Hanz Landa, I’m sorry I mean Blofeld, starts to get strict with him he could tear off his Lapel pin. Making this the first moment he uses his own hands, an important distinction set up at the secret meeting earlier, instead of when he is operating the machine to torture him. This little gesture, would cause the audience to imagine that there was usually a more qualified operator and Blowfeld insisted on doing it personally. Which would explain why he missed the nerve cluster that would erase his ability to recognize faces. Thus his continued ability to recognize friend from foe, would be due to a tiny Uninon Jack pin, that had offended Blowfeld so much. Because for the rest of the Movie, Blowfeld is using his own hands. He pushes the button to set off the demolition of old MI-6.

And that is it. The missing 3£ pin probably cost the movie company 10 - 50 million in lost revenue. A terrible mistake to make with such a venerable series of films.

Also this movie turns out to be about mourning and grief. Monica Bellucci says can't you see I'm grieving? Blowfeld tries to trigger Madeleine over her dads suicide, and M has to make a farewell to the MI-6 he knew and loved. Bond removing a strip of black tape from over his Union Jack lapel pin early in the movie, would make the whole story deeper and more intentional for people on their second viewing.

Thank you for taking a moment to read.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 28-10-2016 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join