It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very simple argument against abortion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

When that fetus can support itself out of the womb.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Why has the OP not mentioned birth control. Morning after pills are like playing god. Is he happy to prevent the fertilisation but wont prevent the birth after a days fertilisation. Very vague line.

If you find the child to have a dibilitating condition should that child suffer a premature death in his early teens to facilitate the moral high ground of not terminating. Your own biases and lack of experience would allow the child to suffer every minute just so when you hit the pearly gates god won't judge you.

Neglect is far worse than termination. I would reevaluate your ideas. Although it seems like a troll thread I will bite.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
a reply to: Gryphon66

"Person," is a legal term. "Homo Sapien," and by extension "human being," pertains to science and not law. It may or may not be murder when killing a fetus, but it is always killing. Which premise do you disagree with in my argument?

Pardon me for using a legal term ... I thought we were discussing law.

I didn't use the phrase homo sapiens.

As you keep repeating the same inane questions over and over, despite very clear responses from several members, and as I certainly do not intend to "perpetuate" your illogical ill-conceived OP either ... I'll bit you adieu as well.

Bon appetit!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

It is not redundant. All cases of killing are not unlawful, only unlawful cases of killing are murder. Individuals whom consitute a state can murder, that is if they kill someone unlawfully. The "death penalty," however, is a judicial killing; judicial killings are not cases of murder since they are lawful.

PS ... sad attempt to dodge a minor comment ... you said "the crime of unlawfully _____________"

Every crime is unlawful. That's the definition. Thus, needless redundancy.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

although they wouldn't admit it on a pro-life thread, I would suspect that there are a few who view birth control as just as sinful as abortion.

it's just that it's easier to convince people that it's wrong to abort babies if they belief that their access to birth control is safe.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Eh, I'm pro choice.

If you want to argue that killing is bad cone back to me when you're vegan. Otherwise it's just hypocritical. If you are: can you kill a plant?

If you're coming from a religious perspective: Sorry, but God made things the way they are. It is, intrinsically, pro choice. Because if God were truly against it we wouldn't even have the concept of abortion to begin with.

If you believe it's just human life that's important, I couldn't care less about life and death. I am against /suffering/.
edit on 9/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Minor Changes

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

BRAVO!
Pro-lifers only care for the foetus, but once the baby has left the birth canal it is not their concern anymore, who cares if they end up in an institution, homeless or abused. So much hypocrisy in this world!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Lets wait and see If the OP has any solutions to decrease abortions.
We see it all the time don't we? attempting to demonise women and their choice but no solutions in fact many of the solutions (clinics and such to do with sex ed ect) the anti abortion crowd appear to be all for closing those down also.
So again OP what is the solution you want to bring in?.
edit on 9-11-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Here is a very simple argument against abortion.

All intentional killing of innocent human beings is wrong.
Abortion is the intentional killing of an innocent human being.
Therefore, abortion is wrong.

One exception. If the mothers life was to be in imminent danger if she were to have the child, then the killing of the fetus would be a foreseen variable, but not the intent.

Pregnancy is inherently dangerous to a woman. According to the CDC some 650 women die every year because of pregnancy or delivery complications.

www.cdc.gov...

Therefore is asking a woman to risk her life wrong?

This is not including possible disfigurement. ie: stretch marks etc.

So besides forcing a woman to risk her life because of your opinion on the matter. You also want her to face possible disfigurement.

Please explain why any woman should be subjected to this because of your opinion on the matter. And please do us all a favor. Back up your opinion with facts.
edit on 9-11-2015 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

oh, I suggest that all women, young and old, weather they be menopausal or not, just decide that they don't want to have sex unless of course, they desire a baby......
after all isn't that what they claim they want??? if you didn't want the child, you shouldn't have had the sex?? of course, they aren't visualizing married couples when they say this, no it's young unmarried minor girls!
I'd be interested to find out if after a year of so of this if they would stop harping about abortion and planned parenthood or if they would try to change the laws so that married women had less power to say no....
my guess is the later.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

it also causes a heavy drain on calcium in the body, which ruins teeth and weakens bones....
but, that doesn't matter to them.....na, we are women, and everyone knows that women would go through anything for their unborn child!! even risking their own ability to care for the living kids that have already brought into the world who are relying on her for their care and needs!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is only a thread about the soundness and validity of the OP argument. A "solution" to most or all abortions is a topic for different thread. A solution, of course, presupposes that there is a problem at hand.

I don't know why "validity" looks like that.
edit on 9-11-2015 by Thetan because: one of m words looked funny

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Here is a very simple argument against abortion.

All intentional killing of innocent human beings is wrong.
Abortion is the intentional killing of an innocent human being.
Therefore, abortion is wrong.

One exception. If the mothers life was to be in imminent danger if she were to have the child, then the killing of the fetus would be a foreseen variable, but not the intent.

One simple argument in favor of abortion: Making it illegal doesn't make it go away.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

So you don't have any ideas? this is only about what you think then?.
Make a thread then with your solutions...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
That isn't an argument, that's an assertion. An assertion that I agree with for that matter; we've seen that with the drug war. The argument proposed however, has nothing to do with legality, it is an argument which is concerned with ethics. I am differentiating between what is legal and what is ethical.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Is it morally right to force a woman to carry a child for 9 months?.
Btw you a man or a lady?.
edit on 9-11-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is about correct thinking. Either abortion is objectively wrong in most or all cases, or it isn't. I think that would be a wonderful thread.

edit on 9-11-2015 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74Is it morally wrong to intentionally kill an innocent human being? I'm a male, but that's irrelevant. This is about logic, not gender.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t
That isn't an argument, that's an assertion. An assertion that I agree with for that matter; we've seen that with the drug war. The argument proposed however, has nothing to do with legality, it is an argument which is concerned with ethics. I am differentiating between what is legal and what is ethical.

Well the problem is that the argument you are making should be one that a person should make on an individual level. Instead, many anti-abortionists insist on making that choice for EVERYONE, hence my point.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So you just don't answer any questions then?.
The world isn't black and white morals are not black and white sometime we have to do bad things for the good of ourselves and society, we have given women the choice of their own bodies no one is saying abortion is good but it is up to women to decide and deal with afterwards.
So why not at least come up with solutions? better sex education, free contraception ect for men and women.
No one likes abortion so why not get rid of the reasons why women need to abort which is poverty, education and other stuff.
That would be a better thread then this a one that would help a women not get pregnant in the first place or one that solves the social economic problems that cause the need to abort.
Or is this thread just about your own opinion?.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join