It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very simple argument against abortion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think most people's minds are made on the subject another moralising thread won't make a scrap of difference, only to your own myopic view of the world

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"Person," is a legal term. "Homo Sapien," and by extension "human being," pertains to science and not law. It may or may not be murder when killing a fetus, but it is always killing. Which premise do you disagree with in my argument?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

This isn't an argument about murder, it's an argument about killing.That being said, I didn't see any refutation of it being a human being, I only saw a refutation of premise one. You said you agreed with premise one.
edit on 9-11-2015 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Everyone dies eventually, some have even sacrificed their lives to leave freedom to future generations.

If you cant see the slavery does it not exist? Freedom becomes an ideal so very quickly, the true essence of the word freedom or the very meaning of the word is absence of coercion. The word freedom is has become synonym to Victorian ideals of coercion, liberty and justice for all. It became lost, every life in this world is precious. Every life

In 1946 The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was commissioned.

Article 3. Everyone has the right to life.

This is the written law, and was annulled by freedom fighters..

edit on 9-11-2015 by rajas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

I'm not interested in whatever it is you're wanting to argue. Sorry for the confusion. I was merely posting my thoughts on how I relate morality to abortion.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I say this respectfully. If you aren't interested in perpetuating the OP then please don't participate.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
So any solutions op?.
What are tge solutions instead of just saying it is wrong what would you like to happen to reduce abortions? .

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

It was not evident to me based on the reading of your OP that my posts were not contributing to it. Now that you express it's not, and found no value in my posts, I'll be leaving your thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I literally never said or implied any of that.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

I have eaten it.
It is just fast food over there. Actually nice as well.
I will not judge people on what they eat because of their culture.
I was fooled into eating monkey brain curry thinking it was dog brain curry.
To refuse that meal would have been seen as an insult and it was a special meal I was invited to in a wooden shanty house.
20 years ago nearly to the day ago...blimey time has wizzed by quick.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
Here is a very simple argument against abortion.

All intentional killing of innocent human beings is wrong.
Abortion is the intentional killing of an innocent human being.
Therefore, abortion is wrong.

One exception. If the mothers life was to be in imminent danger if she were to have the child, then the killing of the fetus would be a foreseen variable, but not the intent.

Very simple argument for simpletons!
You invent a few convenient 'definitions' of your own, and then claim; "Ah-hah!"
Whatever works for you, I guess, in your insane need to persecute and control others!

That is an emotional lie/untrue!
Who are YOU to 'judge' 'right/wrong (Good and Evil)?
(Xtian? You are warned that is the ONLY sin, Pride (judging)!)
Who are YOU to judge 'innocence'?
And to assert Universality is also a major fail, especially when you immediately proved it a lie when you add; "One exception."!

And there's you own, emotionally, vainly manufactured 'definition' (distortion of logic) that suits (feeds) your 'belief' infection!
FAIL!
There already id a perfectly usable definition, deal with it!

Ahhh, there's that sinful 'judgment' again!
And a failed/false (simpleton) conclusion, from failed/false premises!

As I said, a 'simple argument', especially for such an emotional question, is for a simpleton, unable to think for himself (probably due to a severe 'belief infection')!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
Here is a very simple argument against abortion.

One exception. If the mothers life was to be in imminent danger if she were to have the child, then the killing of the fetus would be a foreseen variable, but not the intent.

I second BoyMonkey: what's the solution you are offering?

You are telling mothers abortion is wrong, so I assume you are suggesting they shouldn't have abortions.

So what is your suggestion regarding all those unwanted babies?

edit on 9-11-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think women should have a choice in what they do to their own bodies. They are going to be the person carrying the baby and ultimately bringing that child up (if the father isn't around). What about the person who is raped, or where there are medical conditions that would make it dangerous, or where the person who is pregnant has serious mental health problems and to carry on would worsen those problems.

If abortion wasn't legal then women would still have abortions only it would go back to my Grandma's era when women used to go to back street abortions and sometimes would lose their lives.

What I don't agree with is when women use abortion as a form of contraception. I can remember when I was in my twenties I had suffered an ectopic pregnancy and in the bed next to me was a woman who had had four abortions. I was very ill at the time and had nearly died from internal bleeding and she confided in me. She said she felt terrible because she was aborting her babies and I had been told I wouldn't be able to have children. I explained to her it didn't matter because it wouldn't bring my baby back but at the same time I thought she was being completely irresponsible. Once could be forgiven but not four times!!!

I also have a problem with a NHS that will readily pay for abortions on a daily basis but then where then where there are no funds available for people who genuinely can't get pregnant to pay for IVF. It doesn't add up to me they will pay to kill a life but won't pay to create a life!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What is caviar? Isn't it eggs?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Roe also.
Not my cup of tea fish sperm but...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
What makes human life more important than any other animal?

Wouldn't making an omelette constitute abortion? Where's the outrage over egg McMuffins?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Why can't science give us an answer as to when a fertilized egg becomes a human being?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I had a scan when I was 8 weeks pregnant (4 weeks after my period). I had IVF treatment to have my child and as such saw him when he was 8 little cells on a TV screen (3 days after a fertilised egg). This happened 6 weeks before the 8 week scan. I was shocked at the changes I saw in such a small space of time and the fact that it was the image of a minute baby and there was an heart beat. So I would say a fertilised egg very quickly turns into a embryo and a beating heart.a reply to: Cinrad

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

What about if the innocent human being came about via the intentional raping of an innocent female?

Does not that innocent female rape victim get a say in whether she wants to carry a rapists baby because she certainly did not get a choice in whether or not to become pregnant in the first place?

The baby is not a rapist baby, s/he is an innocent victim just as the mother is.

to accuse the baby of some crime deserving of death is as abhorrent as the rape itself...

but two wrongs and all...

Your reading and consequential comprehension skills are frighteningly lacking.

Try again, this time, read my post slowly as it is an important and fundamental requirement when conversing with other humans.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

life is sacred, till it's born, then all bets are off!

This.
I wish I could give it more stars than one.

Is not the ghosts of aborted fetuses that should haunt us.
But the ghosts of starving children, abandoned, addicted, raped, sold, exploited and bombed children that should haunt us. That should be the primary care of any pro life activity. Stop picketing abortion clinics and go feed some children!
Funny how before is born the fetus is everybody's concern. After that... not my responsibility.

And until we, as a society cannot take care of those already born children we have no right to force a woman to bring into this world another unwanted one.
Abortion should be the last option possible for every woman, but an option nevertheless.

edit on 9-11-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join