It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very simple argument against abortion

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rajas
a reply to: Annee

No, the issue i have people playing Gods cause they have a set of thumbs and a weird imagination

What's a god?

I choose not to live in a bubble of fabrication.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yet you have no problem living in it...

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If a human kills an innocent, they will lose their right to live.

Therefore if you enable to kill the innocent, you have killed your own life.

If you agree with murder, you have stopped observation and are dead.

This is the last warning the murderers in this page will receive, therefore your death is on your own choice if you do not believe what I say is true.

I am not killing humans, humans are killing themselves because they have been deceived.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sociolpath

This post makes all of 0 sense. I have a feeling you are being elitist and judgmental of people who support Abortions, but I can't be too sure because the flow of your paragraphs is inconsistent and lacking.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sociolpath

If you agree with murder, you have stopped observation and are dead.

Definition of murder: The unlawful killing of another human being without justification or excuse.

Abortion is legal in America. It is not unlawful.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

edit on 10-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

All intentional killing of innocent human beings is wrong

People are killed many ways for many reasons. I was in the military for 28 years and another 10 years as a contractor and I have seen a lot of death. I would have no issues killing another if they endangered me or my family, but outside of that I will not kill anyone. I'm also not for or against the death penalty, don't real care either way. As to abortions the blame is on the mother that I hope affects her forever. I say clean that # up, get fixed, get control on your life and prevent it from ever happening in the first place.

edit on 10-11-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

We need responsible, educated people to move us forward.

I hate to say it but people just suck. I think we are soon approaching 50% of America will need full government assistant. We need to stop breeding. We would be better of with a population at 1/2 as what it is today.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I hate to say it but people just suck. I think we are soon approaching 50% of America will need full government assistant. We need to stop breeding. We would be better of with a population at 1/2 as what it is today.

I totally agree.

I do not support cash handouts. I do support free school lunches, etc - - kids didn't ask for stupid, irresponsible parents.

I also support 100% free government birth control and abortions.

Some times ya just need to be practical and realistic.

edit on 10-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I won't be participating any more in this thread, as it has become blindingly obvious one could say or do will convince the people who are against allowing abortion that their viewpoint is, quite simply, wrong. I'll leave a few things behind, though.

Is it because of God? No, God is not against abortion. God is a being whose mere existence dictates the threads of reality, It cannot be otherwise. If God was against abortion, abortion would not exist. It would not be possible, 'nor we would even have the concept of it. God is neither for, 'nor against, abortion.
Didn't God make humans the way they are? I don't see you protesting against God for aborting so many fetuses. Those half-of-all-pregnancies that are naturally aborted that is.

Is it because life is sacred? Or human life in particular? No, life is not sacred. Suffering is a thing that must be avoided, but life itself doesn't mean anything. Still, stop foisting your beliefs on mothers you won't meet who have to make a choice that you cannot make.

Is it because killing children is a bad thing? Yes, killing children is a bad thing. Is a fetus a child? Personal, and I repeat, personal interpretation. But here's the thing, by preventing that abortion you're probably condemning the child to a fate far worse than being aborted before they are even capable of conscious thought.
I'd kill a child with a gun shot to the head if the only alternative was them being captured and used in horrific science experiments. This works on the same logic.

Is it because you feel bad when people you've never met does a thing you don't really like for reasons you'll never understand?
No real answer to this one. Cry me a river. Focus on your own life. Then the issues in your country. Then the issues in other countries. Then the issues that plague humanity is a whole. Then, and only then, focus on abortion.

Still, these points won't mean anything. Those against abortion will continue on, ever on, screaming at the wall. Listening to their sound's own reflection.
edit on 10/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Additional Detail

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

Lol do you own the site?.
People are pointing out very good arguments and views that show your op is flawed.
You just dismiss anything uou don't want to hear.
The world doesn't work like you think it does.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Great post!
Do you know why they focus on abortion? Because it's easy, all they have to do is judge, point fingers and tell people what they think they should be doing. If they really care they would actually help those that can't help themselves, they would adopt all those children that are already neglected and abuse. They don't want solutions, they only want to feel holier than thou!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I'm no mathematician, but even I know that 50% equals 1/2 ... so since you think we'd be "better off" without half the population ... what do you intend to do with them?

Here's a thought ... perhaps we should focus on creating jobs instead of cutting benefits, eh?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Great post!
Do you know why they focus on abortion? Because it's easy, all they have to do is judge, point fingers and tell people what they think they should be doing. If they really care they would actually help those that can't help themselves, they would adopt all those children that are already neglected and abuse. They don't want solutions, they only want to feel holier than thou!

Yes!

Even as a child I wanted to get a college degree in pediatric nursing and primary education so I could join the Peace Corp and "hands on" make a difference in the world of children. I also wanted to adopt.

Those were my 2 main goals in life. I had intended to join the Navy to help pay for my education.

An odd mystery illness prevented that from happening, but when I say take care of the LIVING CHILDREN first - - - I'm serious.

My goal was selfless, not self righteous finger pointing babble.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Take care of the living..... absolutely!

Today I was reading about the thousands of homeless kids that live in Mexico city, they sell their bodies to eat and to buy the drugs they are addicted too.... all came from abusive dysfunctional homes... all unwanted children and now nobody cares for them.

Then I read about the young girls in Guatemala that get pregnant at 10/11...they make up a quarter of all pregnancies in the country. Abortion is illegal there. Most of them have been raped and abused by adults close to them. Once again, they all come from abusive families and are unwanted.

... like we said.... can we first take care of the living?

edit on 11-11-2015 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think what many don't realize is that the "pro-life" influence in the legislation has already gone well beyond the abortion issue. In NY a women was convicted and sentenced for manslaughter after her accident that killed not only two people who were driving the car she collided into, but also her unborn child... she wasn't convicted for killing the two people, just the death of the unborn baby she was carrying..... the conviction was overturned in a higher court but it does clearly indicate that the "pro-life" seems to want to intrude into the actions of pregnant women, wanting to making them accountable for every action she might take that might cause harm to the child... and well, any risky action could conceivable used as an excuse to bring charges should the pregnant person should happen to have a miscarriage. and, well, we all know just how badly asians treat their unborn children, with their gender bias when it comes to wanting only boys and such....
well did you know that this has been used as a justification for sex-selective abortion laws to be passed in eight states and they've been brought up for consideration in at least 21?

Such cultural misinformation has been used to pass sex-selective abortion laws in eight states and bring them up for consideration in at least 21. But the racist accusations of proponents of these laws are false. In fact, Asian Americans have more girls on average than white Americans, according to a recent study by the University of Chicago School of Law. Still, sex-selective abortion laws were the second most-proposed abortion ban in 2013 and 2014.

These laws are part of a broader attack on women’s health and rights, which cause disproportionate harm to women of color. That the only two women prosecuted under Indiana’s feticide law are of Asian descent — when Asian residents are only 2 percent of the state’s population — is no coincidence. The conversations around anti-choice laws creates biases against pregnant Asian American women. Further, immigrant women are made more vulnerable to these laws because they are isolated from reproductive and mental health services that rarely have the cultural knowledge and language resources to reach them. As a result, they may take riskier paths to ending their pregnancies.

Feticide laws, sex-selective abortion bans and similar legislation need to be seen for what they are — proverbial wolves in sheep’s clothing. They are simply efforts to limit abortion rights through laws falsely touted as protecting women and families. Instead of criminalizing Asian American and immigrant women with these onerous laws, states should be creating culturally sensitive resources that help them safely exercise their reproductive rights and access quality mental-health care.

www.washingtonpost.com...

you will never make all abortions illegal, and this idea that if you manage to give the unborn rights as people seems to be opening up a whole mess of problems. personhood laws are causing women to not seek out prenatal care, and could possibly be convincing some women who would otherwise take their chances with high risk pregnancies to instead just get an abortion for fear of being accused of manslaughter if they do miscarry and end up in jail.
some think that abortion is wrong in any circumstance while others think that it's a choice that women should be allowed to make, and I will always side with the women because no one outside of that women can make the decision to sacrifice herself so someone else can have a life.
but it goes so much farther than that. does society have the right to determine that a pregnant women lifting their two year old child out of a dangerous situation? is that right? does society have the right to determine what actions are too risky to the fetus and which aren't with no consideration as to the individual's circumstances whatsoever? do doctors and judges have a right to decide the type of medical care the a women will get without her consent?
how right is it to convict a women of both killing her baby while it's in her womb as well as killing it after it's born, when all that she did was have a miscarriage?

what is being created here is an atmosphere where being pregnant just may be a very dangerous condition to be in, and well, maybe under the circumstances women should just say no to sex! after all being celibate is far less uncomfortable than being dead or in jail, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

if you want to know what our country would look like if abortion was severely restricted, all you have to look to is central america. as far as I am concerned, forcing little girls that young to have babies is criminal, and well, a religion that would excommunicate anyone that would help these girls get the abortion that just might save their lives and not the rapists that make them pregnant to begin with, well, that is just a religion I would prefer to walk away with.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

if you want to know what our country would look like if abortion was severely restricted, all you have to look to is central america. as far as I am concerned, forcing little girls that young to have babies is criminal, and well, a religion that would excommunicate anyone that would help these girls get the abortion that just might save their lives and not the rapists that make them pregnant to begin with, well, that is just a religion I would prefer to walk away with.

And this is why I walked away from religion... those little girls' bodies are not ready to give birth, and their minds not ready to be mothers.... you are correct: forcing them to have those babies is criminal indeed.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Here's a thought ... perhaps we should focus on creating jobs instead of cutting benefits, eh?

Sure but how do we do that? Raising min wage to 15 ain't going to do it. We have 92 million out of work right now. I'm just saying that over the long run population growth is not good for us. We need to find a way to reduce that total over the next 100 years. Having around 25 million illegal aliens is not helping things either. If we do not bring manufacturing back to America there are no new job growth for anyone. We are a society that spends like there ain't no end. Go to the hood and guys are walking around wearing 250 dollar sneakers and a few 1000 in bling with no chance in their whole lives to get a real job. We live well above our true needs when I look back as how I lived in the 80s.

edit on 11-11-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
You are correct: forcing them to have those babies is criminal indeed.

It would be nice to get that crap under control to where they do not need this ever. BTW Religion is just saying this is not a good way to live, so I do not see anyone forcing people to have babies. If you read Freakonomics it states the ruling of legalizing abortions in 1972 created reduction in crime every year starting in 1992 with about 30 million black abortions to stop it all off.

edit on 11-11-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

we're talking about preteen rape victims, usually raped by close family members in central and south america. the catholic church has a great deal of influence within gov't as well as with the people. because of this, they are very similar to ireland and poland in that they have very restrictive abortion laws, so much so, that those laws occassionally causes a great amount of harm to women. and well the catholic church will excommicate any doctor or nurse, or mother that helps these preteen girls obtain an abortion as well as get very vocal if the gov't does decide that a girl should be exempted from these laws.

so I don't know where you are getting that these girls aren't being forced to have the babies...they most certainly are!

and ya know what.....it's pretty danged pathetic when they see helping a child get an abortion that is endangering the life of that child is considered an unforgivable sin, but endangering her live by getting her pregnant to begin with is completely forgivable.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

a case in senagal, which I know isn't in the western hemesphire but well..... does give a brief description as to what it's like to be 11 years old and pregnant with twins!

"Towards the end of the pregnancy she could not get up on her own at night and often panicked. Her father, from whom I am divorced, blames me. He says I have not brought her up properly, that's why it happened. When I told him on the phone that the twins had been born he said, 'I hear what you say'. Since then he has neither phoned nor come to see us."

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 11-11-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join