It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Missouri Football Players Boycotting Team Activities Until School President Leaves Office

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: filched

What racism did they defeat by getting the pres. to quit.

Note the actions by the pres. were not racist so what did they gain?

You miss the bigger picture that I see and that is there is a psyop ongoing in order to out any persons that feel the racist war is pushing them into a corner they did not want to be in.

Again can you name me the organization that is not racially motivated that will stand up for the rights of white people?

There is none and by forcing these issues they are creating a breeding ground for real hate.

They do it in an attempt to identify some but they will find they now stand alone in their racial war.

I for one will no longer defend any that have been exposed to civil rights violations that are brought to my attention.

The next time I hear that someone is being racist I will ignore it and assume it is just another lie.

btw nice post

edit on 9-11-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I've only seen summarized versions of the list of demands made by the group of students involved posted here. Here is the letter with the full list: LINK taken from SOURCE

Notice in the very first demand

Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

This, btw, is the total list of demands being made by the students protesting.

They don't want much do they? Look at the list of quotas. They also want control over who gets hired. They also want to force everyone to presumably take some extra classes (at $600+/credit hour ... if this goes through, I know at least one college that has already been ruled out of my son's college search; too much money to pay for that nonsense). They also want the school to pay for SJWs to have headquarters to force everyone else to comply.

Yeah, Mizzou no longer sounds like a very viable course if they continue to give in to these demands.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Ah, beat me to it.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ah, beat me to it.

Well you embedded it which will make it easier for people.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The Legion of Black Collegians
demands changes.

The LBC issues a letter to Chancellor Schwada demanding campus changes that included an increase in Black faculty, the implementation of a Black Studies program, the establishment of a Black culture center, the dedicating of a campus building to a Black leader, periodically promoting Black service staff and employees, actively recruiting Black students, setting aside scholarships and implementing tutoring for Black students, having an annual "Black Week," increasing the number of Black cheerleaders and pom pom girls, and creating an office for the LBC.

This is what I could find on The Chancellor's Diversity Initiative page referencing the list of Black Collegian demands. I am not familiar enough with the campus to know what of these are or are not met or only incomplete.

As regards the state of black students, I can say that Missouri does not have a large minority populace, and the two biggest populations of African-Americans in Kansas City and St. Louis are served mainly by crap school districts so getting many students out of those two wells is going to be tough. Not to mention those cities are split with other large colleges.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: amazing
This just proves that one man can make a difference. The hunger striker and others got on board. This proves that one organization can make a difference...the football team. We can make a difference if we just try.

in what ways did they make a difference?

the only action here has been a loss of job for being white

now there will be constant accounts of the racial slurs being said in more repetition

state the problem and what actions were addressed in order to fix the problem

How do you guys not see. The whole problem was the administrations non action on a whole slew of issues. Out with the old and in with the new. Things will change. Change is always good.

Back to Shamrock--The only reason the team got involved is because of the hunger striker and the smaller groups. AGain. One man and one small group can get others in volved and create good change.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

No they duped the others into helping out, and now most of these other groups will stop the support now that they understand what this is really about. Good job on taking advantage of a situation.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Ah, so proud!

Here's the little entitled darlings blocking reporters. Can't have that 1st Amendment or freedom of speech you know. Our little safe spaces are so much more important.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

How do you guys not see. The whole problem was the administrations non action on a whole slew of issues. Out with the old and in with the new. Things will change. Change is always good.

What was this slew of issues? According to the timeline, two drunks yelled the n word, and then the chancellor made changes to make diversity training mandatory for all staff and students. That seems like an OVERREACTION to two drunks yelling offensive things. Yet you consider this non action. What should they have done? Do you suggest that everytime anyone on campus utter a hateful word that the administration of that campus change the entire school policy? What if someone utters hateful words to whites? Should universities change their policies then, or is only hateful language to blacks worthy of totally changing schools?

You say change is always good. That is so incredibly naive. I hope you never offend anyone and lose your job over it. After all, CHANGING you with a different employee would always be better.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

non action is false
I guess by non action you mean since the president of a major universities does not have snipers posted around the campus to snipe out racial talkers then that is your non action.

if this is good then the best thing the next president of a university can do to avoid this good stuff is too not take the job.

pretending that the football team was in support of this because of any reason other than they were majority black players is quite mental

guess what nothing happened that the president needed to address in any other manner than he did and the next one will do the same thing because nothing happened.

You call this change and good change.

If you give me 20 bucks and I give you2 cents then perhaps that is not good.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here is the deal.

Do not go out and join any groups that support any type of racial issues

This is all a ploy to drive people who feel that this is all bs to hate groups

That is the logical conclusion based on the fact that it is all just manufactured outrage that coincides with anon outing groups. Those groups are now belonging to the gov. totally.

If you are a rational person then this should outrage you and make you wonder if your job is next. Cling to family and friends and stay away from organized groups.

These are more herding attempts. standfast

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The President stepped down? Wonderful news! Now it's physically impossible for anyone on the U of M campus to utter a racist sentiment. Who cares if the guy had nothing to do with racism; he's just collateral damage.

Because win! Right??

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
The President stepped down? Wonderful news! Now it's physically impossible for anyone on the U of M campus to utter a racist sentiment. Who cares if the guy had nothing to do with racism; he's just collateral damage.

Because win! Right??

Uh-huh, just like electing Obama proved that racism was really dead in the US.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Him resigning can't happen unless there were fundamental issues in his Presidency or professional relationships . Not only did black students oppose him but surely behind-the-scenes power brokers did too. Like donors. Corporate partners. Sports boosters.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

They're 4-5 with a 1-5 conference record and 4 straight losses... let them boycott. Hell, assuming many of the boycotting players are starters, maybe the reserves will get some playing time and actually win a few games down the stretch.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

There is no defense against these type of claims.

So people behind the scenes would have to go along with the black revolt because there are no groups to protect against such actions.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Him resigning can't happen unless there were fundamental issues in his Presidency or professional relationships . Not only did black students oppose him but surely behind-the-scenes power brokers did too. Like donors. Corporate partners. Sports boosters.

Basically according to an interview done with the editor of the local paper in Columbia by the morning radio talk show, there are other issues that have nothing to do with the racial issues. He's made precious few friends and perception has been that he's been mismanaging the uni system for a while now. This has basically been seized on as a scapegoating issue to get rid of him.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Thank you and Fraggle for posting this. Lets got through the demands one by one shall we.

1. So Wolfe had to resign, to admit that he was negligent, that he has white male privilige, and that systems of oppression exists. Doesn't sound like a group interested in a meanigful dialogue does it? Notice they are also upset that one of the protesters that ran in front of his car during a parade got hit by a car, and the the police were to harsh on them when they tried to get them to move. This is a classic tactic of these social justice warriors. They are they aggressors, but constantly make themselves out to be victims.

All of this because two drunks yelled the n word.

2. Not enough to have Wolfe removed, but we must also include that a group of diverse students be included in selecting the next president. Well diversity includes not just skin color, it also includes diversity of ideas. Do you think they will allow people with the diverse opinion that it having classes and decisions made based on the myth of white privilege on campus is offensive and wrong will be included? Also, given the childish language in demand 1, and the fact that students today are blocking out and attacking media so they can have a safe sppace, I am sure these students will make a well thought out balanced decision.

All of this because two drunks yelled the n word.

3. I can't find the exact list of these demands, but it seems to have to do with quotas in how many black employees there are. What does this have to do with two drunks yelling the n word? Again, its almost as if there was a preplanned agenda, and then the excuse of drunks yelling slurs was used to enact that agenda.

4. Racial awareness and inclusion curriculum? So all students and faculty now have to take more classes that have nothing to do with their major, because a couple of drunks yelled a slur. Notice that apparently white people aren't included in this racial awareness and inclusion, because this is ran by only "people of color".

5. Quotas again, see point 3. I am glad that we now know that all it takes is for a couple of drunk bigots to yell something to totally change the hiring practices of a university. I hope no ambitious social justice warriors decide that faking hearing a drunk bigot shout a slur is justified because it well help in the hiring of more minorities.

6. Notice that increase retention rates for marginalized students is shown here? So what does this mean? Make sure more black kids graduate? So do we now have to lower standards to make sure all groups are graduating enough? Unbelievable. Here are some marginalized groups, people that aren't intelligent or work hard. Well failing them would be unfair, so we now have to make sure they get a degree too, even if they can't pass the classes. This will surely stop drunks from yelling the n word.

7. More mental health councilors of color. I assume the implication is that people are so hurt by two drunks yelling the n word. The school now has to spend who knows how much money because people are paralyzed after hearing through facebook that someone used the no word.

8. Ah yes!! More money for social justice warriors! Then they can go out and find more microaggressions, so they can make more demands, and get more money! What a great system! Will any of these social justice centers be for white rights? Oh, that would be racists. All of this money, all of these demands...

because two drunks used a slur.
edit on 9-11-2015 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly my point. It's a means to an end. If he was liked/respected/effective - they would have circled the wagons.

Not saying it's justified, just evaluating the personal politics of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join