It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Missouri Football Players Boycotting Team Activities Until School President Leaves Office

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: WhiteMale
a reply to: Gryphon66

So I assume you think Dorthy Bland should show "late courage" and step down as well?

Does that have anything to do with this topic?

Did Ms. Bland's lies affect anyone but her? Is the situation in any way, shape, form or fashion similar to what we ARE discussing? Lies are lies. Why don't you follow the courage of your convictions, as the students at Missouri did, and take action? Start a hunger strike.

I'm not sad to see the facts overcame blatant racist ideology; are you?

I would like to see equality and justice and have facts overcome Ms Bland's racist ideology. Her transgressions are even worse than this man's supposed transgressions.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What was the problem and how does this fix anything?

Did he actually do something to hinder peoples education?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

So I assume you think Dorthy Bland should show "late courage" and step down as well?

Does that have anything to do with this topic?

Did Ms. Bland's lies affect anyone but her? Is the situation in any way, shape, form or fashion similar to what we ARE discussing? Lies are lies. Why don't you follow the courage of your convictions, as the students at Missouri did, and take action? Start a hunger strike.

I'm not sad to see the facts overcame blatant racist ideology; are you?

I would like to see equality and justice and have facts overcome Ms Bland's racist ideology. Her transgressions are even worse than this man's supposed transgressions.

Right, glad to hear you're against racist ideology.

Maybe at some point you can start a thread on that topic!

Enjoy ATS.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

That was one of the comments he made. That he hoped his resignation was used to heal and move forward rater than as something to be used to cause further divide.

As for him accepting responsibility, I don't necessarily think it was entirely because he believed he was responsibile. But a resignation without falling on his sword would've been seen as an empty gesture. I think it was a wise move on his part to stop things in their tracks. Did he really mean it was his fault? I dunno. Either way it was a smart move though.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Turned out to be a real leader after all ... at least at the end. I respect him for that decision.

More real leaders are needed in this country at all levels.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Why?

Are you saying that America has a white male privilege problem

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So he gets bullied into resigning because he literally has no other options available and somehow this justifies the claims of rampant racism throughout those 2 events that took place BEFORE the protest started.

Take note people, this is what a victory looks like now. A man has been forced to step down from a position he clearly loved based on his resignation speech because a few people got their feelings hurt.

This is the way things are done now. To be against it is to be a bigot, uneducated, afraid of progress.

The act of doing nothing in the face of claims of racism is now equal to being the one saying racist comments. It is NOT enough to simply disagree. Feelings were hurt, a man MUST lose his job.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Did he lie?

Is that your assertion?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Because.

No.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

a reply to: TonyS

What has to happen to "prove" racial intimidation by your standards? Cross burnings? Lynchings?

Yea, that pretty much sums it up. That's racial intimidation that can be factually proven and none of that is happening.

The situation is simply not based on one or two isolated incidents no matter how much some are trying to promote that BS.

Yea, now they've "documented" or "recited" (albeit without much corroborating evidence", 3 incidents if you count the 2 trucks seen driving along flying tthe Confederate flag.

So I guess the President is also lying and kow-towing to a "few Black students"?

A statement from Wolfe on Friday said: "Today I again had the opportunity to meet with MU graduate student Jonathan Butler who continues a hunger strike protesting the inequalities, inequities, and obstacles faced by students, faculty and staff at the University of Missouri. I am very concerned about Jonathan’s health. His voice for social justice is important and powerful. He is being heard and I am listening. I am thankful for the leadership provided by him and the other student leaders in raising awareness of racism, injustice, and intolerance. This afternoon I also met with representatives of several student groups and I value their input and hear their voices.

"Racism does exist at our university and it is unacceptable," the statement said. "It is a long-standing, systemic problem which daily affects our family of students, faculty and staff. I am sorry this is the case. I truly want all members of our university community to feel included, valued and safe.

Sure, these kids have nothing to be concerned about ... even the "too little too late" President is on board.

Source: ABC News

Seems that the courageous actions of both White and Black members of the MISSOURI football squad paid off, eh?

Or, conversely, we could hypothesize that the President, the Faculty, the Head Coach, the Missouri Governor ... are all just playing along.

Or.......they're just trying to save their jobs!

(Which is probably among the next posts.)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Why do you feel that we need to see more of this?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You need to catch up.

President Wolfe admitted the problems existed, and took course of action he deemed appropriate. He is, at the last, an honorable man.

You can second-guess as much as you want according to your own beliefs and ideology, but those are the facts.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Be more specific.

More of what?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

leaders forced to quit

you did say that made him a real leader by bowing to insanity

then you say that many more need to follow suit

they wanted him to say that he was a privileged white male and that being that is a bad thing against humanity

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This whole event gives new need to having a strong kkk.

The goal should be to have a society where hate groups are not needed.

Stop creating racial division.

Tell me what group out there I should be a part of in order to combat this type of reverse racism?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

leaders forced to quit

you did say that made him a real leader by bowing to insanity

then you say that many more need to follow suit

they wanted him to say that he was a privileged white male and that being that is a bad thing against humanity

Ah. You didn't read carefully.

I said we need more real leaders in this country, none of that other garbage you're trying to toss in.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
This whole event gives new need to having a strong kkk.

The goal should be to have a society where hate groups are not needed.

Stop creating racial division.

Tell me what group out there I should be a part of in order to combat this type of reverse racism?

I want to make sure I myself am reading you right.

Did you just say that we need a strong KKK?

As in Ku Klux Klan?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I read it clearly.

You said that quitting made him a real leader and that we need more real leaders.

Did you mean something other than what you posted.

edit on 9-11-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Answer my question first: did you just advocate for a stronger KKK?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Answer my question first: did you just advocate for a stronger KKK?

No the black Missouri football players just advocated for a stronger kkk.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join