It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the sky above LA

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok I understand is this something like the Rules of Engagement? Isn't there a name for this, maybe an international treaty? I have no idea, but I think what you're talking about with notifying other countries who have nuclear weapons has a name.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Thus were probably tracking reactions across the world.

You mean to see if people thought it was an alien spaceship or a "portal?"
No, I don't think so. I think it was a planned test of an SLBM, just like hundreds of other such tests. Did they get a kick out of the brouhaha? Probably. I know I have. But I don't think that's why they did it.

edit on 11/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

1995:

A surprising science experiment

On January 25, 1995—fifteen years after the training tape close call—a Russian early warning radar detected an unexpected missile launch off the coast of Norway. The missile’s flight characteristics appeared similar to that of a U.S. submarine-launched ballistic missile, leading radar operators to believe that the missile might detonate a nuclear warhead high in the atmosphere, blinding Russian radars before a larger attack. Russian nuclear forces went on full alert, and President Boris Yeltsin activated his “football,” the device used to authorize nuclear launches.

Retaliation was avoided when Russian early warning satellites failed to find activity around U.S. missile siloes. The detected missile was actually the launch of a U.S.-Norwegian scientific rocket (the Black Brandt XII) on a mission to study the aurora borealis, or “northern lights.” Norway had notified Russia in advance of the launch, but the information didn’t reach the correct channels—and the innocuous science experiment escalated into a high-risk nuclear incident.

www.ucsusa.org...

That wasn't even an ICBM, just a normal rocket. It's not the first time this has happened. You really think that they're going to mess around with a possible nuclear war that is going to kill them just as much as us?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No not those reactions, haha...I meant reactions to military people throughout the world who knew it was a missile launch when they saw the video and pictures on the web. How do you know what they tested isn't a new model? Do you think they fired off an old missile? Or is it possible they built a number of new Trident II's with new capabilities and more advanced features and built an extra one to test off? And they picked the place and time to get world wide recognition?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Yes. I'm sure it was observed with great interest. The same way we observe their tests with great interest. I don't think the youtube videos will tell them much though.

edit on 11/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Ballistic Missile Launch Agreement Signed in 1988, still in effect today.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The Trident replacement program is nowhere near ready for test flights, but it would be obvious right away if this was a newer missile. The flight profile would be different.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Good example it's probably under the Treaty of Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons and the United Nations Security Council.

Wiki Link

Wiki Link 2

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

No, it's a completely separate treaty between Russia and the US, and has nothing to do with the NPF treaty.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I guess you must be in the military? How do you know so much? For myself and many others, I've only seen this missile launch and the few others in the past recent years that were all misidentified at first as a ufo or portal opening up. So I personally have no idea if this is a new missile or not. It was much more spectacular compared to the few other ones I've seen.

ETA: I posted at the same time as your post so I missed your agreement link.
edit on 8-11-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I have a lot of experience around the military, including handling the EC-135 Looking Glass aircraft, and many bombers.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroGhost

Barely on topic, but, yeah, I know what ya mean. It took a couple seconds to figure out what it was.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
again how come if it was a sub launch they did not do this out of civilian airspace and not out further in the pacific then?

Because that could be seen as excessively provacative. By coming from a known military area it looks exactly like a test, which is what is was. Close to that area there are numerous facilities which would help with the data collection & communication, in particular San Nicholas island which is a significant Navy test facility. And more than 12 miles offshore---well that's international waters, not national waters. And much of the missile is engineered & manufactured in California. The geeks from the shop & the lab will be at the test.

www.globalsecurity.org...

San Nicolas Island has numerous radars including three FPS-16 and two RIR-716 tracking radars, and one FPS-114 surface and one ARSR-3 air route surveillance radars. SNI is instrumented with metric tracking and surveillance radars, Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers, optics, telemetry, and communications necessary to support long range and over-the-horizon weapons testing, Fleet training and Theater Missile Defense exercises. SNI instrumentation also supports InterContinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) and Polar satellite launches from the Western Range at VAFB. In addition, frequency monitoring, meteorological measurement systems and ordnance and launching facilities are available. Capabilities include launch of subscale and unmanned full-scale targets and launch sites for surface-launched weapons.

edit on 9-11-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
a reply to: proob4

Are you arguing just to argue? What is your real concern here?

Why would it be the US military's concern how scared someone is? Why should they care, they are the most powerful military in the world, they are already scary... have you seen their other weapons? They don't need to scare anyone.

Civilians shouldn't even be scared of these events to begin with, they should be more educated, and know what it is at first sight like a good majority of people did... but instead they are too busy staring at their smartphones and watching TV, ignorant of the world around them. They need to get out more.

I hate to admit that 5 of my dumb friends called me asking me what it was when they saw it in the sky... I took one glance at it and knew it was a rocket / missile and told them its normal. I even showed them past Minuteman III launch videos that look identical.

A lot of people are just clueless sometimes... why should the military waste any more money and resources than they already do just in hopes to not scare the clueless people?

You know when people were scared, freaked out, saying "oh no, it's a nuke," they were actually spot on...because after all, it was a nuke missile (ICBM), only without the nuke. So when you're calling someone's argument "stupid," it's your statement here that's pretty dumb.
edit on 9-11-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomeyKXTA
But its funny that "UFO's" always come when there's no moon in the sky. Wouldn't you say?

Cheers, hope everyone is well

Because that will make them easier and more spectacular to watch. I would have done the same thing as well.

They could also be drones. I have few drone concepts that could dance in the sky at 40 Gs crazy acceleration and reaching high subsonic speeds in a matter of seconds and stop in a dime. Release a hundred of those and it might cause panic.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Im new to this website can someone tell me is there a way to start off a new thread?

I'm in Ireland and last night I was messing with a laser beam in the night time (as you do). The sky was completely clear of clouds or fog. The stars were more visible than usual. All of a sudden I saw a huge section of the sky light up relatively slowly (compared to a lightning flash). It was in the North Eastern side of the sky so I'm leaning towards the notion that it might be something related to the Northern Lights even though it is very very unlikely to see them this far south.

Heres where things take a paranormal turn. The night before I was at it again with the laser beam, running it through the sky when it suddenly shortened over a wide seemingly invisible object about 15 metres off the ground. I kept moving the beam over the area wondering and remarking on the strangeness of this. My friend was with me as confirmation that I am not losing my mind and we were both sober. When I shined it back in the area the laser shone on to infinity as though whatever was blocking the beam had moved out of the way.

Does anybody have any thoughts on these accounts as frankly I am lost for an explanation. Are the two events linked? If this was on TV I would say that the object was a cloaked UFO and the flash the night after was possibly the same UFO telling me to stop playing with that ridiculous laser.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Deesayshello

There was northern lights forecasted for last night. Your other question I can't help you on...other than a cloaked UFO!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Ok, good. So then this picture showing what appears to be a ufo is a fake. No need to upload it.

UFO

Dead center of the light, looks like a ufo to me.

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join