It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

huge fireball falls onto orange county california

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah I did. Very cool. I'm too far north to have seen it unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

ill claim to be the closest person to this event until anypne else from this area tells otherwise. .

I'm not sure how you can claim that unless you know where the launch actually occurred but ok, I'll accept your claim.

It doesn't mean your perceptions are correct. Do you understand that an expanding ball of gas could look like it was coming toward you even if it wasn't?

edit on 11/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

No they didn't. Those aircraft were not near the missile launch site. They blocked off the airspace near the sub and the launch area. There were no aircraft near the missile. They may have looked like they were but it was just perspective.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

sorry bro.. u werent here.. and theres no vids yet from my angle.. u dont know what the people on this beach saw.. the blue plume came over the hood here by the water and it was lower than the helicopters..
edit on 7-11-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

here by the water and it was lower than the helicopters..
You mean closer to the horizon from your point of view? I'll accept that.

Lower in altitude? No. If it was, how could appear high in the sky from farther away than you were from it?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

bc it wasnt thay far away.. seriously u guys are speculating on this now.. im pretty sure a vid will surface from all the people at the beach in huntington.. and youll see how low this was at the end and its angle.. and i cant wait to hear what kind of missile has a blue excelerant and is ok to be playing with in a heavily populated area like here and all the air traffic here... im pissed about this.. this didnt look like a "succesful" test and they shouldnt be launching # around ab area like this anyway

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I'll take speculation rooted in science and known facts over wildly emotional rants lacking in knowledge on a specific subject.

Sorry.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I wonder how people in San Francisco and Nevada were able to see it if it was lower than the helicopters.

www.sandiegouniontribune.com...
ktla.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

yea well im pretty sure that the first guy who saw the earth was round heard the same # from science.. i was there man.. it broke apart very close to the shore and was not very high... youll see, i know someone from HB wil post a vid soon.. you guys havent seen it from my area yet in a video..

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

yea well im pretty sure that the first guy who saw the earth was round heard the same # from science

There was no science when people figured out the Earth is round.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

hahaha anyway u guys sound like govt plugs.. there are no planes right now over the beach now and many when this happened.. why wpuld air traffic be stoppped all of a sudden.. this whole thing smells like #

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
look im on the beach right now and to the south theres always a couple commercial airliners coming into john wayne.. and there was two coming in when this happened.. theres no planes here now... i dont get why the planes would stop if this wasbt a big deal

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Because it was so high up, I reckon that is why it appeared the way it did to you.....I saw a big meteor (or space junk) once, and it appeared directly overhead and real close, but other reports came in from 200 miles away saying the same thing.

Maybe the curvature of the Earth and altitude plays a part in perception, I don't know.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

BBC reporting on it....

www.bbc.co.uk...

A mysterious bright light in the sky has sent Californians into panic - only for it to be explained soon afterwards.

The light was spotted travelling quickly over Orange County and neighbouring areas late on Saturday, leading to fevered speculation online over its origin.

The Orange County sheriff said the light was from a naval test fire made off the California coastline.

Aviation officials had warned of possible US military activity.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
a reply to: Zaphod58

yea right there were a ton of planes over the water when that thing came in.. i saw small planes moving and everything.. that was not supposed to be that close to the airspace here in HB

I get that you're excited you think you"saw" something...

But to be argumentative and resist ANY other explanation? That's pretty rude.

Zaphod IS someone in the know out that neck of the woods and he was very helpful in aiding me when I DID see something in Kern County California in October 2013.

Have a little respect and an open mind is all I'm saying...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Atleast you know your money is going partially into defending against missile attacks from the ocean by China for example...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

It appears that this was a Trident II missile test flight at sea from a US Navy submarine...

Hours after the missile test, the US Navy confirmed it was a trident missile launch. Beach-goers seeking a romantic evening under the stars on Saturday in Southern California got quite a surprise. Shortly after sunset, a fireball overhead sparked widespread confusion and speculation. Was it a meteor, rocket, or, perhaps, an alien spacecraft? By late Saturday, it was confirmed to be a multi-stage missile test from a US Navy submarine.

The military provided no advance information about a launch, however, in the immediate aftermath some key clues did emerge. Earlier this week, Los Angeles International Airport—which normally routes flights over water instead of nearby residential areas to reduce noise—announced it was temporarily diverting flights from sea-based landing routes to steer clear of air space requested by the military. Then, about an hour after the fireball was widely reported on social media, the Orange County Sheriff's Department tweeted that the light seen over southern California was "a Naval test fire off the coast."

Later Saturday a US Navy spokesman finally confirmed that the fireball was, in fact, a Trident II (D5) missile test flight at sea from the Kentucky, an Ohio-class ballistic missile submarine. This Trident missile, which has three stages that matched amateur videos of the event, has a range of 7,360 km. It is part of the country's triad of nuclear deterrents, including land-based missile systems and manned bombers.

arstechnica.com...

The below video shows clips of previous launches from the sub that actually launched the missile (USS Kentucky)...

Below is footage from a Trident II test launch in the UK...

edit on 8-11-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

100% beyond any doubt a missle. Have seen them fire them over the ocean here in San Diego many many many times....I am shocked that there are this many uninformed people on this site. Just goes to show you 98% of conspiracies are bull pucky...just idiot people who have no reasoning skills.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Lol I love the attempt at equating yourself to "the guy who figured out the earth was round."

Hardly. You're just the guy in the back of the boat screaming about how we're all going to fall off the edge of the world as the rest of us sail calmly along

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
hey tony,

I believe you are misjudging the distance and direction which is easy to do.
I've almost done it myself.

for what it's worth:
about a year ago I saw in the air, over in your general direction,(I live in Santa monica) a wondrous green "missile launch like" streak flying through the air.

at first due to perspective and angle it was travelling couldn't tell if it was falling out of the sky and making reentry, or if it was leaving the earth atmosphere.

it started high up in the sky and seemed to be falling down to the earth and yet getting farther away.

I finally after a few seconds figured out what was going in.

neither.

it was actually travelling west bound away from me over towards the pacific. roughly parallel to the earth surface, maybe climbing in altitude.

the thing was because it was so high up as it travelled over the horizon it appeared to be falling.

so it can be tricky and deceiving as to direction and distanceand the eye plays tricks on you easily enough.

if it weren't for the fact that I knew what I was looking at and where she was heading that I was able to piece things together quickly enough to understand what I was seeing was a trick of perspective.

you saw a missile launch in the ocean heading away over the ocean. It was not blowing up but dropping its various spent stages and travelling up into space. it only looked like it was falling because it was travelling towards the horizon.

but believe me, I can understand your enthusiasm. I get hyper enthusiastic about things too sometimes. just ask most of the aviation forum members, they'll tell you.
edit on 8-11-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join