It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Is Already Enslaved

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
We are enslaved by money and its masters. What do we waste our lives away doing most of the time? Working a 9-5 job in order to pay the bills and buy food to put on the table. Instead of going out and getting the food ourselves we have let a society of entitlement and materialism grow around us where we are so disconnected from our food that we could care less how our food was treated before being made into a hamburger patty. Instead of working directly for our food, we work for it indirectly through a middle man named money.

Today's world economy is a tool of enslavement, all but forcing people to work a job they hate in order to live a comfortable life. A lot of the time those who work the least and expend the least amount of energy get paid the most while those in the sweatshop are paid bare minimum.

This isn't anymore obvious than with the CEO's of these multi-billion dollar companies, they ride the backs of the blue collar worker who make minimum wage all while they pay themselves millions and millions of dollars per year in salary and bonuses and take exotic vacations to spots all around the world. If the blue collar workers complain they aren't getting paid enough those same CEO's who pay themselves exorbitant salaries complain that they are asking for too much or that they cannot afford to raise their pay. This sounds a lot like a slave owner cracking his whip then getting pissed off when the slaves complain about it hurting.

Money is nothing more than a middle man that benefits those who control it. Do we see animals using money to buy their food or to survive? No, they use the environment around them to survive, they do not require things like money to get their food. There are some species who use a primitive form of bartering but that is not the same thing as money.

There are so many restrictions and rules that come with modern society that it is nothing more than a burden on the shoulders of those who are born into it. Who is more free, the average worker who has to wake up early every day and go slave away at a job they usually don't like... or a person in an Amazonian tribe that has no contact with modern society? I'd say that those Amazonian tribes are more free than any first world country could ever be. They don't have taxes to worry about, applications to put in, unnecessary jobs to drive to, etc. They are so much more free than we will ever be. Sure, they still have to work for their food by hunting and gathering, but they do it directly without a form of debt attached to it.

I'd say the NWO is already here and has been for quite some time. Modern society is the NWO, those Amazonian tribes are still living in the OWO. We are slaves to the system, all this talk about "freedom" is a smokescreen to hide the fact that we are more enslaved today than we have ever been before, it's just that we have been conditioned to see it as freedom.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

We are slaves to the system, all this talk about "freedom" is a smokescreen to hide the fact that we are more enslaved today than we have ever been before, it's just that we have been conditioned to see it as freedom.

I know. Quick, someone start another thread about losing our freedoms, before we wake up.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I am pretty sure you can choose not to work these days and the Government will take care of you if that is your thing. Not to mention that you can choose your profession and what you want to do for a living if you want to work. There were tradeskills and professions for 1000s of years and you still had to work to survive. Are you suggesting that the NWO has been with us for that long?

There is nobility in hard work and in many professions. Many people take great pride in what they do and actually enjoy it as well. I don't see this as a big issue like you do.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'll add a video of the national anthem in that thread to drive the point home.

"Land of the free and the home of the brave".

How inspiring, it says we're free, it must be true!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Money has been around for thousands of years.

"As early as 9000 BC both grain and cattle were used as money or as barter (Davies) (the first grain remains found, considered to be evidence of pre-agricultural practice date to 17,000 BC)."

Money and civilization go hand in hand....quite obviously.

There are 7 billion of us now. Living like the indigenous people is impossible for so many of us. It was not that nice any way.

You're being an idealist. You did not even bother to research how long money has been with us. Your thread is flippant, conceived with no practical thought. What choice do we have? I have even tried living without it to see if there was any other alternative. I nearly starved like out in the wild matey in his bus in Alaska. It is not possible to live in western society without it. Even Jesus used it.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yes, the NWO as been in place for as long as any industrialized society has existed.

There is nothing wrong with taking pride in the work you do, but then again:

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Our society is sick, the state of the world today attests to that. The state of the world throughout history has attested to that. War after war after war after war, all for money and power.
edit on 11/7/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: intrptr

I'll add a video of the national anthem in that thread to drive the point home.

"Land of the free and the home of the brave".

How inspiring, it says we're free, it must be true!

We are free to choose from thirty two bags of chips on the store shelve, twelve different news stations, and 6 brands of ergonomic bubble car.

Ye land of the free, only nothing is free.

edit on 7-11-2015 by intrptr because: additional

link   
You are free to make the choices that don't put you in debt to your neck.
You are free to go on the dole if you don't want to work.
If your choices make you a "slave" who do you blame? If you don't like your job---who is to blame? Who is forcing you to hold that job? Are you in custody?
Who promised you that life would be fair?
Here's a hint that my Daddy passed down to me: Life ain't fair. Deal with it.
Blaming the system for your poor choices that ended you up feeling like a "slave" is not equivalent to actually being a slave. The sheer paucity of education these days sometimes still astounds me.

link   
Do you like;

Growing your own fruits, vegetables, grains, herbs, plants?

Farming your live stock, and all the Labour that comes with it?

Building and structuring your own water system, with filtration ?

How about the access to travel long distance without exerting kinetic energy?

I could go on, but the system is in place for convenience and making people's world smaller, but giving more access to things outside of their bubble lives.

If one doesn't want to play in the design, I'm sure the Amish are open arms

All sarcasm aside, I hate the system, but do what I gotta do.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The choices we have are either to go along with it as we have our entire lives or leave it. There is no right or wrong answer, I'm only pointing out how sick our society has become. We're too far in the hole to climb our way out at this point, at least as a collective.

Also, I don't see being an idealist as a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The choices we have are either to go along with it as we have our entire lives or leave it. There is no right or wrong answer, I'm only pointing out how sick our society has become. We're too far in the hole to climb our way out at this point, at least as a collective.

Being idealistic is NOT a bad thing, but often times being idealistic and failing to be realistic go hand in hand.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Money is a means of control as religion is. You don't have to go to church and you don't have to pray to God. You don't have to work either if you don't want either, however doing so leaves you with more options within the control system. You can distance yourself but you can't exactly unplug.

If you are not happy with the way your life is than change it. Take a few risks, rock the boat. I started as a foster child and was imancipated by age 17. I chose to be better than the hand dealt. Good luck to you.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Have you heard of Stockholm syndrome? You defend the system because it is all you've ever known. This is just my opinion.

The system is corrupt at its very core, it was never meant to survive for a relatively long period of time, only enough time for those in power to enjoy themselves while it lasted.

Every single dollar that is printed has debt attached to it, attached to US because we are the ones who use it. There is no escaping debt unless you're one of the elite who controls the money.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The world has always been enslaved

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I'd say there are more people who are unhappy with their situation than there are who are happy by a pretty large margin.

This thread isn't about my personal situation though, it is a general observation that I have seen about the world we live in. I see our current society as enslavement by the way it has been built from the foundation up.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I can be idealistic and realistic at the same time I think. Modern society being done away with completely is unrealistic at this point, we're too deep at this point. I'm just giving a general observation here, not coming up with solutions.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Being idealistic is NOT a bad thing, but often times being idealistic and failing to be realistic go hand in hand.

It is if your idealism leads to nearly starving or actually starving like me and Christopher McCandless!

This is what happens to you when you go back to nature with no props as a weakling reared civilized human, make no mistake:

The picture is Christopher not me though I looked the spitting image of this at my worst.

Rabbit starvation they call it!

Money has made it possible for even a loser like me to have spanking nice things like beautiful music instruments that would not be possible to make without precision machinery and all the other goodies. People would not be able to drive down modern highways at high speed and all the other stuff.

Try being a noble savage for a while without the dollar. See how it fits.

Nope, nothing wrong with dreams, but sometimes dreams are dangerous if you try and live them and it is not practical or possible to do so. Idealism has led to some of the worst atrocities like my mate Hitler who I keep using as an example of what not to do. Sorry Hitler, but you were a prize FW!

I used to be an idealist until life slapped me round the chops with the wet fish of my ideals.

edit on 7-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I'd say there are more people who are unhappy with their situation than there are who are happy by a pretty large margin.

This thread isn't about my personal situation though, it is a general observation that I have seen about the world we live in. I see our current society as enslavement by the way it has been built from the foundation up.

That is correct by and large. But many who struggle are consumed with the system itself like watching football and drinking beer, working a dead end job because they don't think they're good enough for something better or don't know how to attain it.

Ignorance is mankinds worst enemy and many out there are simply too ignorant. They're ignorant to the fact they are part of a control system and ignorant to the fact they can break free. If you know you're in a system than you can work within the confines to make things better for yourself. The more you know the better. The more risk you take the better.

If you accept life for what it is and are consumed with just getting through the day than you are trapped. I know people with a lot of talent and potential but the fear of taking a risk of leaving a steady paying job to venture independently is too great. "But my kids, the bills, etc, etc." I get it, I do. But, if you care about your life to take risks to achieve, you will surely find greatness.

I can only imagine the risks Involved with dedicating your life to a conspiracy website and the investments required to see it succeed. Had it not succeeded things could have been very different for ATS ownership. I'm sure the risks were well known but if you don't try you'll never know and never find greatness. All this can and does happen within the control system.

Does it make it fair? No.

We can all fly. We just choose not to.
edit on 7-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
From a philosophical perspective we are all slaves to our nature

But the criteria of true happiness has never been, according to our greatest philosophers and metaphysicians, freedom or slavery. No...the degree of suffering we experience versus non suffering is the criteria of true happiness and contentment.

And what perverts us from our true nature is the real tyrant in this equation.

Indeed the matrix ( the nature one is presently enslaved to) is the real overall slave master of us all if that matrix has captured us outside of our true nature

The fact that many believe that we have been cut off from our true nature and therefore the real struggle in life is getting back to that true self, is a good barometer to gauge success in existence versus failure.

It may be that those who have convinced us that freedom versus slavery is the true struggle in life have misguided us.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I agree and thanks for the thought provoking posts, I'm glad you're looking at it objectively and reasonably.

I have a feeling at some point in the near future that taking risks won't really matter anymore because the system will finally collapse. When it collapses, who will be left with all of the money? The ones who siphoned it into their swiss bank accounts. They will be living the high life while we are down here scrounging what food we can get. I think this is how it was meant to play out all along, those at the top staying their and those at the bottom falling even further down.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join