It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is talktalk the worst company ever?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
trust me they aint far off if they aint. let me explain

i wasn,t a customer but became a customer when i was told my account was being transfered from aol to talktalk because talktalk had took over aol,i recieved an email from aol to say i didn,t have to do anything cause it would all be done automatically and nothing would change with my bill.direct debit etc.

now i was with aol 10 years and after my contract ran out about 4 years ago i phoned them and cause i had been a loyal customer for 6 years prior they gave me a great deal,free phone calls 24/7,line rental and unlimited broadband all for £21 a month. now with that kind of deal i never needed to phone them back the past 4 years so have never been under contract cause i was well happy with it.

now i,ve been under talktalk for 2 months and first bill was exact same as i paid aol but surprise suprise when i go check my 2nd bill it has jumped to £27.70 a month and i,m like wtf?

i phone and ask what the hell is going on and answer i get is that charges are always subject to change,i argue that i was aol customer for 10 years and the reason i had the deal i had was for being a loyal customer and was told nothing would change when switch was made,i,ve been with you 2 months and my bill jumps £6.70 a month? his answer to that is do you think we went to bed last night and woke up this morning and just decided to increase all aol customers bills?

you ask me thats exactlly what they did,well even tho i was switched i have never agreed a contract with them so as soon as possible i will be switching broadband for first time ever.

what makes it worse is i get switched to talktalk and within they 2 months they get hit with a cyber attack where all personal data could have been compromised and then they hit me with a £6.70 price increase.

you couldn,t make it up. RANT OVER

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

They must suck, because I've never heard of them.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
oh they suck big time,one of biggest companys in uk but also one of the biggest complained about,i,m not surprised when they treat customers the way they do.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Its the bargain basement of ISP's, cheap prices and what what do you expect if a few teenagers bored can get your details and the CEO thinks encryption is not important as the laws a bit vague so they can probably save a few K on a license or two.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
ahhhh how i love my Virgin home broadband service.

Just to compare, last month they phoned me and basically said they were going to upgrade me for free to their best internet and TV deal no strings attached my bill has not changed.

Talktalk are the Yodel of ISP's

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
ahhhh how i love my Virgin home broadband service.

Just to compare, last month they phoned me and basically said they were going to upgrade me for free to their best internet and TV deal no strings attached my bill has not changed.

Talktalk are the Yodel of ISP's
when it was aol as i say they were just as good,as soon as i learned it was switching to talktalk i knew it was going to end up going down the drain and i was right.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
TalkTalk/Talktalk is a tentacle of the,"If you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear" crowd.
Probably the inspiration of the present UK governments' pledge to to make the UK near 100% high speed broadband, today, tomorrow whatever at X-£billions cost to the taxpayer which they are already coining anyway...so no X-£billions, but plenty of INTEL.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

To tell you the truth i think I smell something fishy!

Reason being there are many ISP's out there and surely some of them would want to steal customers from others and I reckon it was one of those 'others' who attacked talktalk so that their customers would leave. After all, those 15 year olds havn't been charged with anything.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
YES YES & YES!!!
Horrible service/company!
I knocked them for SKY & am now with virgin but I am considering going back to SKY because the service is more reliable, although slower.
edit on 8-11-2015 by supamoto because: a

top topics

join