It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SECRET Military Operations To Divert LAX Planes For a Week

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
No, I think it was a very overt "Look at me!!" operation with a specific purpose. It was either some kind of a psyop or a cover for something else going on, like some kind of another test out of say Edwards maybe. People would watch the 'shiny object' and not see what the other hand was doing.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes, zaphod, I did read your previous post. And yes, I do understand what you are suggesting. I also understand the technology involved. I'm just not sure I agree that there wasn't something more involved.

I do understand what you are saying though.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Question:

Is Norway included in Russia's territorial waters?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Whenever one of our adversaries conducts one of these types of tests, our media almost invariably portrays it as a provocation. Of course, (I'm thinking N. Korea here) usually their tests are accompanied by threatening rhetoric.

One can downplay the test as normal preparedness - but all factors such as timing, test location, and trajectory are carefully calculated and are meant to send a message. Testing is necessary, practice is prudent, improvement is imperative. Just don't forget to take into account everything else that's being played-out on the global stage at the moment.

So China... You have a problem with us sailing too close to your "island"?
How about we just send a little ICBM 'thinking of you' greeting card your way?

I can only imagine what their media, along with N. Korea's media has to say about this. Maybe someone can do some digging and give us a peek.

edit on 9-11-2015 by sageturkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That missile was fired from somewhere else. That was the third stage as it passed over Norway. The missile launch occurred in the White Sea, which is Russian territorial waters.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There's been a lot flying out of Edwards and Palmdale successfully for a couple years now with very little notice outside pretty much ATS and one or two other aircraft boards. All without a distraction going on.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
youtu.be...This one is from September in florida.
edit on 11/9/2015 by concerned190 because: Forgot link

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: concerned190

That's very good timing. This is what I've heard.

If that launch was truly in Sept. it might be carrying one of the sat's the Navy is plopping over the Pacific. (However it could be anything). From what I'm told, there's new system designed specifically for sub launched SLIRBM and SLBM - which in turn would be absolutely related to the activity off California. Apparently, about 5 years ago we figured out a way to detect the trajectory of the launch very early on, earlier than traditional measures. This allows to have AEGIS intercept during the boost phase, gaining much higher hill rates when the rocket is still glowing hot with fuel and also take out all the warheads with one stone rather than wait for terminal ballistics and intercept post-midcourse.

....I don't think we'll see any SM-3 launches along with this however. But if we do, you'll know why.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join