It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Ben Carson, Is his campaign destroyed or getting ready to take off?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Did Fox news come out with a story saying "Obama admits his birth certificate is fake" ?

I don't believe they did, so your argument is invalid.

The Media is not supposed to be used for political purposes, you are basically admitting the Media is part of the Democrat Party.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Did Fox news come out with a story saying "Obama admits his birth certificate is fake" ?

Then you don't remember the birth conspiracy very well. The lies about what Obama did or didn't say may have been different, but the right damn well wasn't above lying about what he said. Plus they invented the whole conspiracy out of thin air anyways.

The Media is not supposed to be used for political purposes, you are basically admitting the Media is part of the Democrat Party.

First off, the media is biased. It always has been. You aren't declaring any new revelations here. We all know the media isn't SUPPOSED to be used for political purposes, but it is. Second STOP ignoring the right wing media. They are part of the media too and CLEARLY aren't a part of the Democratic party. THAT part of the media is basically a part of the Republican party.

It really grinds my gears when people say the media is left biased. No, that isn't the case. Because there is DEFINITELY at right wing media and unless you are admitting that they are a bunch of liars 24/7 (and thus not real media), they are NOT left biased.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Between Ben Carson, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton they all seem to be full of controversy and dirty candidates yet they are at the top. It is interesting how Republicans faulted Obama for not having any political experience (he was a Senator however prior to running for President) but are going for Donald Trump and Ben Carson, who have no political experience. Apparently, Ben Carson has some points because he is religious.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Between Ben Carson, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton they all seem to be full of controversy and dirty candidates yet they are at the top. It is interesting how Republicans faulted Obama for not having any political experience (he was a Senator however prior to running for President) but are going for Donald Trump and Ben Carson, who have no political experience. Apparently, Ben Carson has some points because he is religious.

Well Obama had no political experience or any experience running anything.

Donald Trump has experience running multi-million(billion?) dollar corporations and creating thousands of jobs.

Dr. Ben Carson has experience being a leading world renound Brain Surgery which I'm sure you can imagine is a very stressful position needed both intelligence and the ability to stay calm under pressure. He's also served a boards of corporations.

I support Ben Carson because of his Economic and Health Care views, nothing at all to do with Religion.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You cant fight propaganda with more propaganda, too bad that most people dont get that. Good thing we have ats to show that some people on both sides get it.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What people see in Carson is a man who is not an insider, a man of intense faith and soft spoken and Courteous, not a mudslinger. He's very likable.

If he didn't have those wacko beliefs he'd be a shoe in for President.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Based on what I've experienced from my friends and family that vote Republican, the crazier and more controversial stuff that is said -- the more support they throw behind these guys. It's kind of strange to see. I think it has something to do with realizing these men are their "teams" only chance -- so they're doubling down in their support when the mud starts to fly.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
They are doing their best to bork his campaign as we speak.

If you aren't familiar with the term, look it up. The same was done to Herman Cain. I'm not surprised that all the mysterious women from his past who suddenly had to press charged about those harassment claims disappeared the instant his poll numbers did.

I'm sort of surprised they haven't starting pulling the same stunt with Carson yet.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

The most extreme candidates unsurprisingly generate the most extreme emotions of either loyalty or hatred. Carson has been carefully courting the religious demographic because they tend to be the extremists that show up to vote in Republican primaries. My guess is that these revelations will not destroy his campaign in the short term, instead you'll probably see a whole new wave of support as people turn out to back a person who believes along the same lines as they do.

Long term though? He doesn't have a chance, people are not going to elect a person who believes God rewarded the US with a successful space program because we put "In God We Trust" on our money, even more people are not going to back a person who thinks In God We Trust refers to his God specifically.

What I imagine happening is Carson will continue to do well in the polls and eventually he will drop out in favor of a more generally electable candidate, selling his support to one of the other campaigns.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Actually, along those lines I remember them once coming out with a story where Obama said his birth certificate was fake but that the lawyer trying to make a case about it didn't have legal standing to make the challenge. It may have been Arpaio nonsense but Fox has run a lot of that.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
What lie in the birther discussion are you claiming was put forth by the right in an equal manner to that of politico this am.

Well for one thing it was floated out by Clinton's campaign first...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This has been floating around today, apparently Carson had someone paint a picture of Jesus and him.

Is it just me, or is Jesus depicted as having a Klingon forehead in the painting with Ben? I think the same guy that painted this Klingon Jesus painting did Caron's painting:

edit on 8-11-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That's has what to do with his campaign, exactly?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's an inside peek to this man's thinking, and if you want to see the rest of the photos here. The claim is that Trump isn't the only one with an ego.

This may, or may not hurt his campaign. The man is running for POTUS, so the man is under a microscope. Carson's books, history, friends, family, business associates, pass times, hobbies, and even favorite foods are being looked at.

Any expectation of privacy goes out the window when you run for public office. The fact that one side is better at investigating isn't an excuse to shout that it's unfair. The GOP and Democrats haven't sat down at a table and signed any kind of agreement as to what can/can't be investigated during a vetting process for POTUS.

Like it or not, Carson's personal life is also going to be investigated.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What is appealing about Carson to his supporters? What I've seen so far looks... well let's say not good.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
This has been floating around today, apparently Carson had someone paint a picture of Jesus and him.

Did he commission it, or was it a gift from one of his patients?
edit on 8-11-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Dr. Carson might want these silly character assassination attempts to continue. His campaign collected $3.5 million in campaign donations this week. Keep talking, folks, Conservative voters are listening and responding in precisely the manner they should be in regards to the fears of the very liberal.
I may even stop pointing out how dumb and bigoted most of these jabs at him are in the grand scheme. I am happily amazed at this result!

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
All this for nothing. Do you believe your country is intelligent and progressive?

If yes...then Liberal president. If not then republican president.

That is how you judge who is going to win next election.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

By saying this I realize that I fully admit I am a horrible person, but to me one of the absolute funniest things on the internet is the Jesus is a Jerk meme. If nothing else, hopefully this will provide some new ones.

Now with that out of the way, who cares? The more troubling thing is that the more I see out of Carsons campaign the less clear anything gets. I don't know what he stands for at this point other than a 10% flat tax based on tithing, and that he's a fundamentalist. Being a fundamentalist will get you some states in a primary but it's something the majority of the country is going to reject. People with these views are the types we spend all that money to drone strike over in the Middle East, except they're named Muhammad rather than Ben.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

I'm amused that anyone would blindly associate intelligent and progressive. The two are not tied to each other in any way.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join