It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Announces "No Keystone Pipeline"!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I cannot agree with press coverage comment, but you're spot-on with rest of what you commented.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
Here we go again! Anything the Kenyan Communist can do to hurt America he will do.

Please, please tell me you're being sarcastic in an attempt to tease the dumbest 0.01% of the population.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

YES! A win for the little guy!

you cant be that brainwashed can you?!

not if you work in anything related to oil and gas!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: Enochstask
Here we go again! Anything the Kenyan Communist can do to hurt America he will do.

Please, please tell me you're being sarcastic in an attempt to tease the dumbest 0.01% of the population.

I'm still trying to figure out who this Kenyan Communist is. Maybe a relative of Jomo Kenyatta, original name Kamau Ngengi who breifly joined the communist party at one point. More probable is Mwandawiro Mghanga is a Kenyan politician, who serves as Chairperson of the Social Democratic Party of Kenya. But that's not really communism although there are some marxist ideals. But that's a tough one because most left leaning parties and politicians have at least some similarities to marxism just like a horse is a lot like a cow, in that they have similar size and shape and 4 legs, yet though they are different. I'll keep digging into this though.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
thank you based obama

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: quercusrex
What a lot of you posters refuse to understand is that this Canadian heavy crude is already being transported and refined down here. Bury your heads in the (tar) sands all you want and deny it with your loudest yells, but it's already happening.

Rail is a bad way to do it, but if you prefer that then continue to cheer this political grandstanding announcement!

The oil will keep flowing.

Rail is better for jobs, environment, safety, and maintenance.
The rails are already existing, put in place many years ago. Tank cars also are going through a vigorous change in safety and regulations, especially in Canada where the standards are higher and in the states soon to follow. It's also easier to micro manage oil flow, keep track of product, and it creates jobs.
And it keeps corrupt people out of the scene as well with government officials and checkpoints along the way, no missing oil.

A pipeline is a set in stone feature, and if it breaks in one area the whole operation comes to a halt, it's a bottle neck as well giving power to just a handful of people if they don't get what they want.

Where in the hell have you heard that rail is safer than pipelines? Indeed pipelines can and do fail. But nowhere near the same rate as trains. Also, as the oil SPILL is just that, it is quite a bit less dramatic then massive explosions which have leveled towns.

I'm not really for any of this to begin with, because it's not really a solution to anything, however it is at the very least a way to ween off of ME oil as well as boosting the North American economy. Again, just bandaid solutions.

Don't be so ignorant to say that rail is safer than pipelines, when it clearly isn't. Provide proof if this is so. Also, the oil is still being shipped to the US, just via rail still and in much smaller quantities and longer intervals as opposed to what a pipeline can provide. So not really making a great economic dent.

Again though, I'm not for or against this. But Ignorance is not bliss, it's stupid. I'm not even going to supply a source either....pretty simple internet search will get you to what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
sounds like he has his heart set on something new, not dealing with renewables again, like for fracking sakes?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

edit on 7-11-2015 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Warren Buffet would lose 2 billion dollars a year of the pipeline would have passed.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: quercusrex

Take a look to see who makes the most profit from using trains to transport the crude now. That's who the winner is.
Georgie soros owns shares of Peabody coal....just when you think a leftist billionaire is genuinely sacking the coal industry for climate change agw look again it's for personal profit and various leftist causes and I think he owns shares of rr too. www.breitbart.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: quercusrex

Take a look to see who makes the most profit from using trains to transport the crude now. That's who the winner is.
Georgie soros owns shares of Peabody coal....just when you think a leftist billionaire is genuinely sacking the coal industry for climate change agw look again it's for personal profit and various leftist causes and I think he owns shares of rr too. www.breitbart.com...
As someone else mentioned as well, add a side of Warren Buffet to the Value Meal as well.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

OMG, I just now saw this thread!!!

YAY!!!!
(Yeah, I saw the news 'on the news', but didn't see your thread until just now.)

Ok, gonna read the thread now.
belated S/F !!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join