It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coward Protesters Hiding Behind Masks.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

I wouldn’t say a very large amount, but I would agree that some people do tag along, and perhaps even see it as a night out, but what’s wrong with that? As I said in my previous post, at a march you get to meet all kinds of people and therefore get to hear all kind of views/perspectives. So, as far as I see it, those people who know nothing get to hear some alternate views which they can then go research further and form their own opinions, if they choose. That alone has to be a good thing.

When people protest capitalism while thriving on it and promoting it with their lifestyle...that's dishonest.

I dunno mate, I think you are making a bit of a leap there.

We may live in a capitalist society, but bills still have to be paid and people have to do what they must to survive. Just because someone happens to do well in, whatever societal structure happens to be in place, it does not mean that they have to necessarily agree with it. Anyone has the right to strive for something they perceive to be a better solution if they so wish.

What it seems that you are saying is that, just because someone has done well, they are not allowed to then want their fellow man to be given better opportunities, so that they may do equally as well.

How can standing up for the vulnerable be dishonest, whoever you happen to be?
edit on 6/11/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

originally posted by: trifecta

The only wrong doing I see here is that the protesters didn't go to the homes and executive offices of the oligarchs and their cronnies, and riot there. You want to get it right? Use their tech against them and track their appointments and vacation schedules. Show up there with the torches and pitchforks. Some of the he's egos from the elitist class need reigning in. If humans can't do it, the alternative is far scarier then one can image.

I wonder if you've ever heard of unintended consequences...

Oh you mean "collateral damage"? Isn't that more fitting? Isn't that how your superiors would spin it?

The etymology for Capitalism, freedom, and democracy have been hijacked. They changed the rules and conveniently forgot to change the nomenclature. Words and what they stand for have been bastardized and butchered.

I know we're on ATS but the fact that you imply that some people in this thread are somehow planted here to plant disinformation is a bit paranoid on your part. The fact that you have the freedom to post on ATS using a computer or device built by capitalists bastards really goes to prove your point that the sky is falling.

I'm not paranoid, I'm just really good at seeing patterns. I see them everyday on ATS. I see when the propaganda machine is in full swing. I see when the debunkers are scrambling to counter. I see the true value and euphemisms in world politics. I see when certain information is released in fragments, left to assemble.

I've got a good crystal ball. Actually two of them.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

This is a farce. The top paid people in the world - and yes that includes those working McJobs - whine about everything they get. "Cost of living" increases...quit whining. Nobody is entitled to those. You aren't entitled to almost anything. Be grateful for what you have and if you want more, go out and earn it. Stop whining that the man is beating you down and it isn't possible to move up. That's crap.

So quit whining and go get your 2nd or 3rd job in order to pay for the minimum? (Minimum being a safe place to live, food, transportation) That's how I take what you are saying, quit whining and work more jobs.

Extremely short-sited. Many of us have been alive long enough to have witnessed the downfall and impending collapse of our local and national economies, in every sense of the word, all the while bailing out fraudulent banks, now funding fraudulent insurance and drug companies, etc, not to mention NEVER-ENDING UNDECLARED WARS. These are serious problems! But go ahead and take your seat and OBEY, like a good little citizen!

It's almost as if you are ok with there being only 2 classes. HINT- the other class would not be middle, but poverty level and you will see this in your lifetime.

These companies would not be profitable without the ones they step on who provide the actual service or labor. A minimum living wage increase is an excellent reason to strike, protest, EXPECT. Nobody here is saying the HAVE to do that.

If they do not do at least the bare minimum, expect an uprising! It is within the rights of the citizens to protest! Get used to it!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

To wear the mask of someone who died trying
to change your world for the better? That's a hollow sentiment?
I think your head might be hallow?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Having cameras with FR tech isn't cowardly in any way whatsoever. How on earth does that fit the definition of "cowardly"? And as far as the cameras go, it's not like the cameras are burning cars or throwing things at police horses.

The correlation between mass surveillance of a population and the oppression of a corrupt system of government is easy enough to make. The squeezing of the people financially is engineered to create dissent. This gives the ruling class reason to increase enforcement and surveillance. Now all we need to add to the mix are the corporations that manufacture the weapons and build the prisons and we have a perfect sub-system for profit. The horses and cars and destruction of property are unfortunately not the real issue. The destruction of democracy and freedoms by corporations masquerading as governing bodies.......NOW THAT is the real issue. Bravery and Cowardice are moot points.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Everyone has a different bare minimum, and all definitions are likely wrong. You're entitled to food and shelter. Defining what style of food and shelter is a whole different story, and transportation isn't a right beyond your own two feet.

To speak to your question...Why not work 2 jobs? Or 7? Why do you feel that it's a persons right to only have to work X number of hours? Why is it a right to get X amount of money or anything else for X hours? If someone makes 20k a year for 40 hours a week and someone else does a different job getting 40k a year for the same hours how is that a bad thing?

It's always interesting to hear people complain about bare minimum rights and then in the next sentence complain about a lack of privilege. It's a whole different topic to address the fact that when businesses are paying more (to meet your imagined minimums) that your actual cost of living will go up by a similar amount, which means you're no further ahead.

All this is is an attempt by greedy people to take money from wealthy or even middle class people. It's "I don't think you need that, so give it to me or else".

Pure greed and nothing more.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Holy cow! I haven't heard such rubbish and twisted logic in some time now.

It's called the Laws of Equal Exchange. It Universal law that applies to EVERYTHING!

Go work two jobs? OK Jeb, go back to blowing in your brother's ear and give him a refill. You're full of hot air.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Holy cow! I haven't heard such rubbish and twisted logic in some time now.

It's called the Laws of Equal Exchange. It Universal law that applies to EVERYTHING!

Go work two jobs? OK Jeb, go back to blowing in your brother's ear and give him a refill. You're full of hot air.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i support them ,they where told to stop demonstrating at 9 o clock,er that was my bedtime when i was a child. i do not recognise the govenrments authority to be told to stop at 9 o clock.

and then to send their private army to make sure you stop,as the police in the uk are being cut extensively .
the police should have joined the march with the people,but they chose the otherside .
pick a side op ,i know what side i'm on and thats the side of truth and justice.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

That law doesn't apply to income levels...wow.

Do you think that a burger flipper at a fast food joint should earn the same as a teacher, or mechanical engineer, or doctor, assuming hours worked are the same? Not a chance.

Someone who flips burgers and wants to live a higher lifestyle has to work more.

I have to add...Anyone who thinks they are above working two jobs is a drain on society in my opinion. A leech. Nothing reeks more of laziness and entitlement than someone who thinks they shouldn't have to work more to get more.

And that doesn't necessarily mean work more hours. Maybe "working more" could be at an education or a skill to earn more. Lots of way. But your attitude that you think there are any laws of equal exchange that apply to labour or commerce is naive and immature.

To be blunt, my opinion is that people get what they deserve. People with your attitude deserve less.
edit on 6-11-2015 by stolencar18 because: additional comments.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
i support them ,they where told to stop demonstrating at 9 o clock,er that was my bedtime when i was a child. i do not recognise the govenrments authority to be told to stop at 9 o clock.

and then to send their private army to make sure you stop,as the police in the uk are being cut extensively .
the police should have joined the march with the people,but they chose the otherside .
pick a side op ,i know what side i'm on and thats the side of truth and justice.

Which truth? Which justice?

That's the problem with these people - and you. You can't even get your stories straight and figure out which side YOU'RE on.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Quit twisting everyone's words!

Nobody is saying it is a "RIGHT". Everyone is saying that it is not ENOUGH to LIVE and we WILL PROTEST to acquire a salary that reflects what we are WORTH based upon our WORK and DEDICATION to a firm and the constantly increasing taxes levied upon US. It is a RIGHT to protest!

The big part you seem to omit from addressing, if taxes continue to go up and more taxes are continually added every year in order to fund undeclared wars and bail out fraudulent banks, people are going to be ANGRY and they are not going to take it anymore!

You're way out of touch with the reality most people live. You are doing a great job of illustrating the real problem.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

Quit twisting everyone's words!

Nobody is saying it is a "RIGHT". Everyone is saying that it is not ENOUGH to LIVE and we WILL PROTEST to acquire a salary that reflects what we are WORTH based upon our WORK and DEDICATION to a firm and the constantly increasing taxes levied upon US. It is a RIGHT to protest!

The big part you seem to omit from addressing, if taxes continue to go up and more taxes are continually added every year in order to fund undeclared wars and bail out fraudulent banks, people are going to be ANGRY and they are not going to take it anymore!

You're way out of touch with the reality most people live. You are doing a great job of illustrating the real problem.

Oh no...I get it.
You feel you are WORTH something and an employer feels you are WORTH something different and until the two figures meet you won't be happy, so you feel the best solution is to demand the employer change HIS evaluation instead of changing your own expectation or lifestyle.

Live within your means and quit demanding more from others. If your lifestyle exceeds your means that isn't the fault of the employer.

I fully appreciate your point - I just disagree. I was raised WAY below the poverty line and never received a dime from the government and I was able to learn new skills and work my way up several different ladders to a point where I am comfortable now in a small house with a vehicle and a lifestyle that I fund myself. When times were tight I reigned things in. I adjusted my lifestyle to my income, and when I felt my income couldn't keep up I worked my ass off to get more. Opportunities are out there. Everywhere. I see them daily. My friends and family find them all the time.

Everyone wants something for nothing. What you don't get is that no matter how much you demand from employers or government, any increase in what you receive will ALWAYS be offset by an increase in costs you pay out of pocket, resulting in a net gain of 0, or a loss. Your employer can pay everyone 10k a day and you will be no further ahead. Those costs that you think you're trickling up to the government and employers will trickle back down to you and then you'll start bitching again. You'll never be happy.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

the current leader is into putting his manhood into a dead pigs mouth (true or he would of sued corbyn)
he had less actual votes but still won the election .
the uk does not print its own money so we are in perpetual debt,as we are charged interest before the banks actually
receive it.
they bailed out the bankers at a cost to the people
kids and ex soldiers sleeping on the streets
supporting terror groups to other throw assad along with obama
the disabled who died when their benefits where cut
forcing people to work for big multi-nationals at dole money prices when multi-national companies can afford to pay a
proper wage (this is quite victorian workhouse)----before you start i have never been on the dole in my life.
telling everyone we must have austerity while he has spent trillions on weapons
an entire new navy fleet of worldwar 2 proportions
cutting firefighters
cutting police
cutting the national health service
cutting drugs for cancer patients

^^^^ this is the side i am not on ,so i have my story straight and have it figured out thank you.
it is you who is lost and you have no compassion for humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

What about those of us that march against ATOS?
I'd love to see your opinions on it.

You assume everyone at this demonstration was burning cars, or causing vandalism, and tar them all as such, even though the met agreed it was a very peaceful event, before they backtracked.

Yes you stated they are cowards, outright. Not SOME.

Generalise if you mst but nobody of any wits, either leaning to your views, or to the views of others, can take your statements as serious unless you actually act partisan.

But yes, marchers who were there to protest mass surveillance (if you researched that was a huge part, but i assume you dont care to learn anything that conflicts with your bitter ideals) and those that marched against ATOS, please demonize them.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I was raised way below the poverty line as well. I do not want something for nothing. Everything I have I have worked for on my own. There were times in my life that I worked 2 to 3 jobs. I am not who you think I am, and it is possible, you don't know anything about the people protesting, either, so accept that you do not know as much as you very clearly seem to think.

You have no idea about my relationship to my employer, my employment status, my education level, NOTHING actually.

Quit trying to personalize this, it's creepy and weird.

I am speaking IN GENERAL regarding the collapse of the economies which, if one takes the time to research and look at the hard truths, is clearly engineered by design.

You have NO real arguments, have presented no evidence, only general statements with the sentiment that the people should be happy with leftovers, crumbs, let them eat cake, let the taxes increases, the salaries shrink, and TAKE IT!

Lo and behold someone dressed nicely protest.

How can a single parent with infant children work a 2nd job? Do you have any idea how much it costs to actually pay rent, pay for childcare, provide the necessities? I'm thinking NO.

How can someone from a poor family better themselves even if they go to college since they will have triple digit debt once they are complete? Most people come from families that cannot afford to pay for college. It is not possible to pay for college on the salary of an average job.

You either OMIT what happened in the West in the 90s or you were not born yet. Either way you are naive, out of touch, or looking for attention (based upon all of your responses, I do not pretend to know anything about you).

You remind me of the idealistic girl posing the question in this snippet -

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

My what a strong opinion.

Actually, OP, scratch my last video comparison, as THIS is who you're reminding me of.

Clever!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
OP I suggest you do a little research on what life was like for the average worker before unions came along. Those at the top would generally pay as little as possible in exchange for as many hours work as possible and as few rights a possible because nobody was holding them accountable. If they can get away with it they will and that's why we have strikes and protests.

So folk can just work for longer if they are skint, but where does it end, how many hours should someone have to work for to support their family? Should they be entitled to any time off at all to spend with their family and god forbid have any sort of life? Remember, we are the lucky ones, some folk don't have the capacity/capability to gain those skills needed that will increase their salary/hourly pay. And even if everybody took your advice and did just that there are always going to be those low paid jobs, somebody still has to do them.

I was going to talk about the masks too but I believe most of what I was going to say has already been covered. What amazes me is that thousands of people gathered to protest, this in itself highlights some huge societal issues but the only issues the media seem bothered about reporting are those caused by a small group of trouble makers.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

Hear hear!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100
Protesters and strikers do it for the future of their children. When we have to do things like this to ensure some form of future for our kids it means they failed. We cannot fail as its is not about the money. We don't all think of profit margins etc. Some of us want to spread the wealth around and in doing so we honour our responsibility to the less able or fortunate. The trouble is there are too many like him who want more than the next man, he cannot see its his greed keeping poverty going.
There are some services that should not be included in Capitalism and they are the basic requirements for life. Energy, food, water, all should be provided by society to everyone in society and no exclusions.
He is just lucky he is able to provide for himself because there are people who cannot. What do they do to live. Not earn more but just to live. Surely it is up to us to help them. Not profit from them.
It makes me so sad to hear the rubbish being posted by him and I hope nobody is taking any of in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join