It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coward Protesters Hiding Behind Masks.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The link below is to one of many articles on the recent protests in London. People marching down streets wearing masks because they're too afraid to stand up for something themselves burning cars, damaging property, injuring police officers and completely innocent police horses make me sick.

It's one thing to have an opinion on political issues and take a stand but these people aren't taking any stand at all. They're hiding behind masks or scarves or similar. If you want to protest, protest. There's a million ways to do it legally or even semi-legally (that the police tend to let slide), and you can do it and show your face. But they don't...why? Because they benefit from the very things they protest against. Look at some of the pictures. Expensive jeans. Great shoes. Higher end designed coats. Top end phones and DSLR cameras waving in the air recording the event. Shirt and ties. I bet a lot of the personal items we see on those people are nicer than what many of us - myself included - have.

Most of these people just want to be part of the event, I think. How many just tag along for the violence or the "fun". None of them care about the "collateral damage" they cause. I bet most of them don't even really care about the actual cause - they just want mayhem.

To "stand up", anonymously, to take part in a protest they don't honestly believe in and smash other peoples' property for fun? Cowards and liars in my opinion.

And that's not even mentioning the entire aspect of greed behind this. "We are the 99%"...bull. You're the top 10%, far different than the bottom 99%, even though there is some overlap. This is another case of people wanting more for less...and they're too cowardly to show their face to say it.

http:/ /www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11975183/Million-Mask-March-Anonymous-protesters-hurl-fireworks-at-police-in-London-live.html

+38 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Is wearing a mask any more cowardly than setting up cameras everywhere and using facial recognition technology to identify those in the crowds regardless of whether they are doing anything illegal.
The biggest cowards are inside government office buildings guarded by men with automatic weapons while telling their citizens that guns are bad and that's why they can't have them.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

sometimes it's the government in power/the police who incite a riot and start the rock throwing/car burning/vandalism - could be the case in London too.

They do it in Canada, the U.S., the ME, they pull this # everywhere.

Toronto G20 Riot Fraud

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
"Klanonymous"........mask wearers.

Herd mentality is a frightening thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
A 40yr old man was walking home from work in the last riots and a p[oliceman just killed him in front of everyone and still got away with it. The man had slight mental health problems and he wasn't wearing a mask. Its not any protester that is cowardly. They are there to stand up for there right in any way they see fit. After all on a bigger scale the powers that be have wars to defend there right to govern and control the world. why cant we fight back. that's the trouble with this world. We write a foxing letter and they don't even read it. Stop writing and HELP.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
good answer.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think most all Politicians hide behind a mask, the one that says "I'm for the people!".

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

So you think what they're doing here is acceptable?

Having cameras with FR tech isn't cowardly in any way whatsoever. How on earth does that fit the definition of "cowardly"? And as far as the cameras go, it's not like the cameras are burning cars or throwing things at police horses.

I agree that there are cowards inside government (and Hollywood, and other places with lots of money) hiding behind guns while preaching the opposite, but that isn't what this is about. Especially in London...

This is a group of cowards who chose to wreak havoc and cost the public and private sectors a TBD amount of money in damages and lost revenue/time instead of using a legal method of protests. And the fact that they're copying the BLM "our streets" rant? It's a bunch of cowards behind masks and scarves who don't have the balls to stand up for anything (while profiting themselves from capitalism, the very thing they protest against).

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Methinks you've entirely missed the point of the masks.
edit on 11/6/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
A 40yr old man was walking home from work in the last riots and a p[oliceman just killed him in front of everyone and still got away with it. The man had slight mental health problems and he wasn't wearing a mask. Its not any protester that is cowardly. They are there to stand up for there right in any way they see fit. After all on a bigger scale the powers that be have wars to defend there right to govern and control the world. why cant we fight back. that's the trouble with this world. We write a foxing letter and they don't even read it. Stop writing and HELP.

Because MOST of us actually LIKE capitalism. Sure, everyone has a problem with one part or another of it, but most people aren't so stupid to bite the hand that feeds them. These people are. Waving signs while wearing $400 worth of clothes...they're fakes.

And as far as protest methods go, they can't legitimately think they'll gain anything from destruction...or are they that stupid?

Also...as far as your example re: 40 year old man and the cops...I agree, terrible (unless there's more to the story...), but don't pretend as if what's being done by the protesters is any better or worse.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Nice deflection. Part of the hiding is blowing little things like protest out of proportion.

Worry more about the military. They always operate in secret, masking every movement, until the bombs start thudding.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yesterday was after all Guy Fawkes day. They do traditionally were a Guy Fawkes mask. As far as to what they wore there,who cares? We need all the people we can get to stand up and protest.Not sit behind a computer and complain.If some had on ties and nice clothes,maybe it is because they are on the inside and can see how wrong and corrupt the system is and want to change it. As far as damage goes,no people don't need to be there to damage property. But let us not forget that there are PAID provocateurs that are supposed to cause damage and mayhem to discount a protest movement and sway public sentiment against it.

They got caught out up in Canada a while back.Guess who they were? The police themselves. A peaceful protest with people doing what they are supposed to,and then these goons come along and try to start trouble so that the police could beat and arrest all the protesters. At .46 in this video you see them get caught:
www.youtube.com...

They try to hide but the protesters aren't having it.The police finally let their own men pass through the police line to protect them.

I don't complain about them,at least they are trying to do something about all the nonsense.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I bet your against strikes as well.
Them lazy good for nothing slaves, sorry workers dare not have picket lines. I want them to earn, earn, earn.
There is more to life than REVENUE.
Protesters have probably given you the freedoms you now enjoy.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Methinks you've entirely missed the point of the masks.

Nope...the V for Vendetta "fight against the government crap" concept is well known. I think they missed the irony in that the mask is copyrighted and every time someone buys a legit one Warner Bros gets a profit, and anytime someone buys a knockoff another capitalist makes money.

I'd bet the vast majority of people have no concept of what the Guy Fawkes mask represents...their actions show they're just seeking destruction.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Is wearing a mask any more cowardly than setting up cameras everywhere and using facial recognition technology to identify those in the crowds regardless of whether they are doing anything illegal.
The biggest cowards are inside government office buildings guarded by men with automatic weapons while telling their citizens that guns are bad and that's why they can't have them.

Roger that

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
I bet your against strikes as well.
Them lazy good for nothing slaves, sorry workers dare not have picket lines. I want them to earn, earn, earn.
There is more to life than REVENUE.
Protesters have probably given you the freedoms you now enjoy.

I'm undecided on strikes. Some I can support, but others, not so much. I often find it ironic that people strike for so long and lose so much on wages, and IF they get a raise or more perks, it works out to a few percentage points increase that takes years to offset what they lost.

Again...mindless protests driven by greed. How is it that so many people can get by just fine but others think they deserve something for nothing? I'm not saying everyone does nothing, so don't go twisting it - I'm saying people protest and think they deserve X amount more but they don't do any more to earn it.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
Yesterday was after all Guy Fawkes day. They do traditionally were a Guy Fawkes mask

Children sometimes wore masks. I think I vaguely remember one from my own childhood.
But you can't claim that this new custom has anything to do with the traditions of Guy Fawkes day, which was always, if anything, a pro-government demonstration. Guy Fawkes was understood to be evil because he was revolutionary.

edit on 6-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: Dimithae
Yesterday was after all Guy Fawkes day. They do traditionally were a Guy Fawkes mask

Children sometimes wore masks. I think I vaguely remember one from my own childhood.
But you can't claim that this new custom has anything to do with the traditions of Guy Fawkes day, which was always, if anything, a pro-government demonstration. Guy Fawkes was understood to be evil because he was revolutionary.

Like I said in a previous post, most people have twisted the GF mask idea into something that fits their low-IQ "I have to break stuff to get stuff" mentality while completing ignoring that they're supporting the very thing they're protesting against.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
More cowardly than posting anonymously on a website about how others should do this or that? Or how one would have done this instead of that other thing if one was in that situation?

I see an awful lot of "they're lucky I wasn't there" comments on ATS, posted by people who are inevitably sitting at home on a computer instead of out being the badass they portray themselves as....

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Guy Fawkes was a catholic.
All roads lead to Rome.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join