It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who continue to believe nobody knows why the pyramids were built

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Were the Copts known for working large single pieces of granite with hand saws to very symmetrical proportions ?

a reply to: Harte

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i like the title.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
here I am to regurgitate the mainstream narratives on a conspiracy forum because...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesfreak

bronze handsaws and round stones, don't forget they used round stones and float multi ton rocks on a river from 500 miles away

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

maybe they detonated an atom bomb in hell?

link   

link   

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The hole boring was done with simple pipe saws.
A crude wrap pulled back and forth to turn the pipe, everything outside the box.
What is amazing is the way they were able to mobilize an entire civilization to complete the project.
The stone workers understood they were part of something that humanity would recognize forever.
I'm sure for many it was a labor of love that drove them, for others the spirit of competition, and for the unfortunate no survivable alternative.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
if you look on the dollar theres someone sitting in the shade at the base of the pyramid and a pyramid coming out of the clouds in the background. That mother#er is saying show me something new and i'll get up. he's the reason egyptians don't know how they were built. they built them.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
One would need some way of holding the core drill straight and in the same place to even START the cut .You think you could just hold a pipe drill in place while it is turned/spun by a rope? I don’t see how it’s held in place...reply to: Cauliflower

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

it hasn't been done yet.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
My apologies, I should have said that regarding this object I don’t see how the core drills were held in place... a reply to: Cauliflower

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

candles don't know up from down. you could go with figure it out mother#ers those guys are dicks anyway.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak
So if we take the Granite box on Elephantine Island as an example, are you telling me with a straight face that this was ‘pounded’ into shape? Saws don’t cut 90 degree recessed edges either. It is my opinion as a machinist that this piece was ‘cut’ not pounded or sawn. The ‘pyramid’ shape at the top of this object,for example, has ‘resultant’ edges. That is to say that the edges are the RESULT of the stone being passed along a cutter or vice versa. You can’t ‘pound’ an edge that accurately as pounding would produce random breakages within the stone which would at some point affect the edge.we could talk at length on how it was ‘hollowed’ out too , that’s neither chiselled , sawn or pounded.

I believed we asked for provenance of the object.
Nobody's "telling" you anything, just that we want to know more about the object, preferably not from a bald faced liar like Brien Foerster.

Harte

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Were the Copts known for working large single pieces of granite with hand saws to very symmetrical proportions ?

a reply to: Harte

No idea. Do you know?

Harte

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

One would need some way of holding the core drill straight and in the same place to even START the cut .You think you could just hold a pipe drill in place while it is turned/spun by a rope? I don’t see how it’s held in place...reply to: Cauliflower

There's this thing called a jig.
They still use them today, for the same reasons.

Harte

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This has always been my train of thought: ancient Egyptians had batteries that produced electric current. Though they had no devices to use that current that we know of. So why did they have them? My thoughts were that something similar was discovered by ancient Egyptians from a previous advanced civilization and the batteries they left behind were their attempts at duplicating the technology they discovered, but didn't understand.

Pyramids might be similar, might not. It is obvious that construction took place in stages over great periods of time.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

You have cleverly not really addressed the points I raised regarding this object, and are now saying it might not be AE ? I thought it was assumed by Egyptologists that it was.

To be fair, I tried to identify the structure in the images yesterday and couldn't get past Foerester references. Even he concedes the AEs were around for many years and yet he doesn't mention what period it was made in. It could be said he 'cleverly' leaves out all the details.

Was it Ptolemaic? 3rd Dynasty? You'll appreciate how these periods had very different technologies and capabilities. As Hans says, the structure could have been carved centuries after the AEs and that's why I wanted to know more about it. It didn't *look* AE to me, but I'm an armchair pretender and like to learn.

If you have a link to a neutral identification of the structure it'll be greatly appreciated.

As for the implication of the mystery builders with high technology and a hankering for stonework? I get an image of them using metal detectors to remove every last nut and bolt from the lands of their great civilisation. Powdering their burials and blowing the dust out to sea. They will have knocked over their, presumably stone, cities, ploughed them over and then compressed the ground and littered it with planted artefacts to fool archaeologists of the future. When all that was done, I picture the last guy with his dustpan and brush hanging beneath the final, departing spaceship and brushing away his last footprint.

^^^ You know I'm joking there, but how else did a civilisation progress to great big powered disc saws, sonic stone-melting tech and so on without leaving even a bent screw behind??

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I get an image of them using metal detectors to remove every last nut and bolt from the lands of their great civilisation.

Ever read Pohl?
The Heechee?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No I don't think I have. It looks like a decent story. Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join