It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPIC Windows 10 Rant - must see

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul
complete idiots like this are the reason there are so many trojans and malware out there.

Oh, most certainly not. The reason there are so many trojans and malware out there is that our major OSes are simply quick and dirty kludges. They weren't designed with security in mind. Microsoft, for example, does not even have to try to be particularly good - their lame excuse for an OS will be installed by default by all major hardware vendors, regardless if it is any good.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Today I used win 10 to open a portal to hell and allow the demonic entities to come forth!

Oh Glorious OS!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

I cannot record with my Tascam US-1800 on ubuntu or Linux. The manufacturer did not make drivers for linux. If your rig has drivers for your hardware I don't see any reason why you could not record.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

LMAO, then cry cause I just bought a new PC with windows 10. Damit where are those settings to turn that off.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
If you want a PC that you have to tinker with all the time, changing settings, etc. get Linux.

And here we have another one! Are you paid by ms? of course you'll say no.

People!!!
It was reading garbage like the above that caused me to stay with windows for too long!

Linux Mint - Easier to use than windows! - No fiddling with settings! - Completely free! - No malware! - It just works!

Dont listen to people in this thread, just go download linux mint, burn it to a dvd and try it for yourself. You will discover why comments like the above have been holding you back for so long!

Dude...I'll put my creds up against yours any day. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion (as I stated) and while Linux has a place with many people (as I stated), it is not designed nor targeted to the masses. Go ahead and put your Grandmother on Linux and refuse to help her with it after installing the OS. I dare you

You are right on one thing though...NO...I've never been paid by MS. Take it for what it is worth.

Unfortunately my Grandmother is no longer with us, however, I've moved many folks over to linux mint without any problems!
"creds" has absolutely NOTHING to do with this, its about how easy linux is to operate!

So come on, tell us, what problems do you have with linux that ordinary users dont have? Maybe we can help you!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irish614
a reply to: stuthealien

I cannot record with my Tascam US-1800 on ubuntu or Linux.

Ubuntu IS linux!

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
So does Win10 allow you to choose manual options in update options like previous versions of Windows?

Stuff like this drives me nuts because I have a whole bunch of remote PCs streaming wildlife cameras in the middle of nowhere and if the OS or other software needs to restart it interrupts the stream until I can remote log on and start it again. Worse case scenario the OS tries to reboot and the streaming software is still running so it hangs the shutdown. Then I have to get out there and restart on site. If Win 10 doesn't have options in setup for this and I have to replace a PC running a previous OS it going to be a nightmare.

---

For fully manual update operations you need Windows 10 Enterprise edition which isn't free but you can usually get it down to $100 if you buy a volume license.

We only run Windows 8.1 and 10 on our internet connected systems...our TOP SECRET full private nitrogen gas-encased and MU-metal shielded fibre internal network runs a completely custom OS absolutely NOT based on Linux which then runs on multichip module fused-gate custom
CPU's each equivalent to an UltraSparc but
running at 5 GHZ!

NO WIRELESS ANYWHERE and fully quantum resistant lattice-based encryption for everything!
( and other hidden encrypt functions!)

We know our stuff and while Linux can be better
Than Windows, ANYTHING based on factoring of integer numbers for encryption i.e. RSA and AES is just asking for trouble!

You need to be able to write and flash your own
network card bios, motherboard bios, graphics card bios, drive electronics bios and IO chipsets
To prevent microcode-based attacks and then we write all our own Internet protocol stacks, and low level Media Access Control (MAC) / Ethernet code
And all low level hard drive microcode and file access functions that have hard-coded deep packet and hardware sector inspection functions.
Only THEN will you have TRUE computer security!

While the above is crazy-nutty for most
businesses, some organizations REQUIRE
That ultra level of data centre security.
We DO HAVE the engineering and IT staff that
Can DO that sort of Top Secret level of
Computer systems security but for many
of you i can recommend some simple things:

1) Don't click on web links you don't recognize.

2) Run At least two antivirus programs.

3) Get deep packet inspection firewall appliances
Such as a SonicWall and block any IP port above
1024. Only open a specific port above 1024 for
A NEEDED web browser or internet application.

4) Do a complete drive image backup of your OS and Data Files every week using Norton Ghost or Paragon Image Backup and store one copy
off site in a safety deposit box and the other
on terabyte portable hard drives.

4) Use more than 12 characters in all
your passwords --- ours are jumbled-up
numbers And letters and our network
login, email, and Vpn passwords are
All different.

5) Share NO folders except the ones on a special
Shared network drive with special security permissions...i.e. take off the EVERYONE permission on ALL disk drives on EVERY
computer and allow only logged in authorized
Network users to the shared drives and
Assign ONLY the specifically named logged-in
authorized domain user or local machine
user actually assigned to each single
computer for ALL disks on said computer.

6) Use ONLY your OWN internal DNS servers (Domain Name Services) and ALWAYS Flush
the DNS caches on all computers every hour
so that DNS cache poisoning by malicious
Programs cannot occur which redirect your
Web Browser to malicious websites.

Run ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns
On all your client machines and flush the caches
On all servers.

7) always use HIGH BIT LENGTH encryption on
internal network packets.
I.e. Turn on IpSec and Kerberos functionality.

8) Run operating system root kit detectors from
your own bootable live cd/dvd at least once a
week on ALL your servers and network machines.

9) change the admin usernames and passwords
On ALL your routers, switches and firewalls
And reflash their bioses once week from known
Permanent Backups once a week to prevent
microcode hacks.

That is just the START of good network
And client/server security...good luck!!!

edit on 2015/11/8 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I know, I meant any other version of Linux, some people have success using other platforms.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join