It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2006, US Soldiers did a Christian Baptism in the Euphrates River in Anbar Province.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I must say while this is brave, this is a foolish thing. I mean is it worth risking your comrades' lives for something petty? What if your comrades are non Christian? How would they feel if they get ambushed by insurgents while you are performing your so called Baptism. Do it in a Church not a battleground.

edit on 2-11-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
"While a battle is raging" your headline claims. What battle?

If they were doing this while bullets were flying around that would be not only stupid but they would be court martialed for abandoning their posts.

But I do not see or hear a battle raging. What they want to do on their free time is their own business, and the US military does permit religious expression.

It sounds like you are deliberately exaggerating and falsifying the contents of this video. Hopefully not out of anti-religious bigotry.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Praise Jesus Amen ......

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rocketina

If you watch the video, it says the following "In a Hostile land gripped by Islamic extremism" and plus isn't Anbar province a hotbed for Al Qaeda Insurgents in 2006?

While I'm all for expressing freedom of religion, not in a place where soldiers lives' can get compromised.
edit on 2-11-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Greetings-

To quote Bill Cummings "There are no atheists in foxholes..."

en.wikipedia.org...

Brave? Brave is going through a TacoBell™ drive-thru on a road and the next Service Area is 72 miles out...

Don't forget at least 1 person holding the camera. Brave.. hahaha I'm actually laughing out loud and not just typing it, imagine if I actually watched the video...

namaste

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: rocketina

"In a Hostile land gripped by Islamic extremism"

What a stretch to then claim that means a battle is taking place in the immediate area during this baptism.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Bill Cummings was a liar.

Brave? Brave is going through a TacoBell™ drive-thru on a road and the next Service Area is 72 miles out...

Lol. Agreed.

edit on 11/2/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Going through that link I provided, I felt that was only 'fair' because I didn't/won't watch the video and always feel a compulsion to honor some quid pro quo on a intraweb chat-forum with folks I'll NEVER meet so I left that link.

Interesting numbers as they relate that those who proclaim 'atheist' are actually scored higher for "Special Forces" i.e. Ted Williams, Pat Tillman etc.

My Vietnam Vet friend and I were coming home one day and He told Me "One day in the "middle of the 'snip'" I was so afraid that I prayed to Buddha, nothing happened, look how that turned out..." I then pointed out to Rick that that was 45 years ago and that it indeed "worked" If it hadn't been so successful, You wouldn't be here to relay the story...

Now personally...... If Your religion™ works for You, it works for Me. I mean, whatever Your religion™ calls for, less killing someone, raping or pillaging, well then, One could opine that at this juncture, Your religion™ is NOT working for You...

Klassified- I haven't an opinion on Bill's honesty, it just takes a bunch to be able to get a Bill Cummings bit involved in the process..

Also a gut opinion on this one would be: Preacher 'praying on prayers' You betcha. Say anything to fill the pew with pooh..

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I mean, if they had performed a resurrection… now there's some news from the front.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So? Maybe a religious soldier felt he needed to be baptized.

Do it in a church you say? A church is anywhere one wants it to be, wherever people come together. Now, I'm all against organized religion, and I'm agnostic, and think religion should be kept out of government and schools, etc, but...WHO CARES that they did this? Unless they were in the middle of battle and stopped to do it it's a non-issue. Wasn't Jesus supposedly baptized in a river? I think it would be better to be baptized under the grandiosity of natural creation than a stupid man made altar of idolatry.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The problem is that you never know when an insurgent is running around. I mean what if your baptizing yourself and your caught red handed?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Liquesence

The problem is that you never know when an insurgent is running around. I mean what if your baptizing yourself and your caught red handed?

I guess they should never sleep. Or take a poop. Or write a letter or an email home. Or disassemble their rifle for cleaning. Or throw a football. Or, you know, any other of the myriad things they do in their spare time in which they could be caught or surprised by an "insurgent."

Sorry, but I don't watch videos. Like I said, if this was DURING battle it's a problem. If not, then it's a non-issue.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

That's nonsense.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Baptism is petty to you?

Glad Jesus did not feel that way.

top topics

join