It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to Find Love?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: JimNasium

I cannot but for fun will look into what you said.
In and it's just I would rather be in a relationship than not.

Then that is what You place in Your 'Manifestation Portfolio'.. You can do it!!!

And all those chakras will assist You while en route..

Mums the word this is our secret.. Send some pics of the nuptials if You decide to go that route. I got married in the Sonoma County Courthouse 25 years ago and it costs Us $60.. Still going..

Sometimes We just need to get out the way...

And because You're about to go on a fishing expedition:

Tight Lines!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

I would want something serious and lasting (forever)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What do you mean by "tight lines" and what are nuptials?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think bars and parties are terrible places to meet people. If you are looking for a beautiful soul, someone you resonate with, I suggest looking in a wholesome place: go somewhere where average people are attempting to become better people. People who are trying to better themselves are usually healthy people.

Take a dance class
Join a book club
Participate in sports (a hiking group, softball league, kayaking lessons, or karate classes, for example)
Enroll in a foreign language class for adults
Attend a place of worship - pick your religion of choice. Even if you are non-religious, there are many worship centers which are more "spiritual" and less "religious"
Volunteer - to help people
Volunteer - to improve the environment

Think about the kinds of people you might expect to meet at such activities and let that be your guide. Even if you don't find love, you will certainly find friendship and IMHO that's just as important.
edit on 2-11-2015 by OuttaHere because: added some stuff

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OuttaHere
I'm going to have to frantically decline the dance class, um book club? Don't friends do that? Adult friends? I'm barely an adult so I'm not sure how that would go for me. Foreign language class, ah one of my courses is a foreign language (French) and I am no good at it. Languages aren't for me sadly. Place of worship well even if it is more spiritual I can't imagine meeting someone there, seems a bit low sand besides my own religion will be an individual thing. Volunteering, I hardly have the time and frankly I need to look for work at some point, latest this summer though some writing jobs for magazines would be great to try out. Um, is there anything wrong with the internet and meeting people, I don't necessarily mean dating sites, but certainly there is social media less mainstream than Facebook, Twitter and Instagram? Outtahere? So not in ATS
Sorry that was the first thing I noticed and I couldn't help it.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Hello ATS, everyone is on a journey in life. Whether that journey is in search of the dollar bill, truth, or love. I am on a quest for that very last one and in fact, from my own peers there is no one. People seem to find love everywhere, online, bars, parties. Which is the way to true love? To the perfect man or woman. Now, perfection is subjective. For me personally innocence, kindness, beauty and similar tastes in music are important. Yet, I say that and that is not the definition of the perfect woman. It's impossible to describe just what you would love, just as it is impossible to say why you love someone. Sure you can list out plenty of reasons, but the truth is, those reasons are just the tip of the iceberg. At a future date I'll create thread for love stories for everyone to share, whether those relationships worked out doesn't matter. The moments, the intent. That matters. But ultimately where can one find love? Sorry for my rambling. I haven't slept in a while and I really have no clue where to look for someone.

People have had this problem for centuries. One would think that with the internet it would easy.

If I was single again I would put a sticker on my car alerting women that I am looking for someone. That way they can see me, take the number and contact me if they wish. I might even put magnets on the car with an email address.

Whats wrong with having personal business card like cards that you can hand out to people you like and say something like. "im looking for a partner, if you would like to meet me contact me on xyz. I'd hand these out to women in shopping centres, bars, departue lounges etc.

No reason why women should not do this also. its direct and to the point. Just think up some words and actions to make the encounter brief, polite and certious so as not to emabrrass, frighten or alarm the recipient.

eg, walk up to a table and say "Hi, I'd like to give you this card, thank you for taking it" and walk off.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue
Well, while agreeing with the premise of being direct, the initial examples (car stickers, magnets and business cards) seem a bit desperate, no?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Poppcocked

I would want something serious and lasting (forever)

Of course that's what we all want but people change.
The best you can hope for is that after the breakup you can still remain friends and lovers.
Holding resentments kills your soul....

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Guten Morgen- "Tight Lines" means that during Your fishing expedition You have a fish pulling on Your bait making the line tight..

"Nuptials" is marriage/matrimony/relationship.

Someone smarter than Me once wrote:

It is said that We often feel that We are not Loved enough. This is a reflection of the fact that We do not Love, that We find our capacity to Love. Love is not something that We do to one another. There is no object or subject to Love.
Love is what is present when there is no object-subject, when there are not two. This feeling of not being Loved is in fact the need for Love, the need for a cessation of the divided world in which our egos exist. This cessation does not come about through someone Loving Us. It does not come about by Us Loving another. Love is not casual. It cannot be created, it cannot be practiced, it cannot be taught.
We can deeply inspect what We are, and in that We can see the structure of division which is inherent to thought, memory, and ego. We can cease. We can be still.
Love, which is the very energy and expression of Life, is whole. Thought cannot approach this energy. Words cannot capture it. This energy of 'wholeness' cannot be used, or divided or squandered. It is Us ALL, and ALL of Us. This is NOT the answer to Our question, it is the question fallen silent.
Having seen the nature of Our thought and ego, We may pass through this gateway into silence. We have left a world of fragments, and entered into something which is 'whole', but is 'empty'. If there is no namer, then there are no names. If there is no subject, there is no object. This is 'emptiness'.
There is tremendous energy here because there is nothing to dissipate it. There is great creativity because there is nothing to restrict it. Through the psychological self, the ego-center has gone silent, there is nothing lost. Out of this vast expansion of quiet, the energy of Life expresses. The nature of this energy, because it is beyond 'cause and effect' is unknown. It cannot be contained by concept, or manipulated by thought or used in any way.
We are not experiencers or explorers of this energy. We ARE this energy; expressing, exploring, manifesting, and disintegrating...

Let You HEART shine through...

Work from LOVE and You cannot go 'wrong'...

namaste

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I did understand the reference to "Tight Lines", thought there might be more to it. I agree that love can not be created, nor can it be described or caught and depicted in any manner, and while love itself can not be practiced, the showing of love certainly can be and I'd argue that to an extent that is practicing love, if not explicitly practicing love. I'll have to think about the rest. Still rather tired.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

The only help I can give you is to be friends first and look for a relationship later. Expect nothing, achieve everything

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI
That's honestly pretty good advice. That's how it started last time.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Well, while agreeing with the premise of being direct, the initial examples (car stickers, magnets and business cards) seem a bit desperate, no?

no, not really, just open, honest and no holding back.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I wouldn't go so far. I think chatting online and trying to be friends is what I'll do. Makes sense I think.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The internet is a good place to meet people just be careful

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI
I know. Should always be careful. But what sites, because I have no idea.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i know this is a pretty late responds but it caught my attention and i just want to say a simple thing , love is something special ,and some times its not only about finding love but also about keeping it and you will find it at its right moment , don't look for it , it will come just enjoy life a reply to: Tiamat384

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lovekills6
A reply is always welcome. I love having conversations so I thank you for providing that, if only for a moment. True, I will not look. Well, perhaps I may search, but not too actively. It is special, it is the grandest of all feelings. And you're right...I found love and lost it all..

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

That's one of th worst feelings losing love from the special person , especially when u still love them your self
edit on 16-11-2015 by lovekills6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lovekills6
It really is the worst. I tend to feel a mixture of feelings. Happiness when I think of the memories, how it all started. It still fascinates me. Sadness when I realize what I've lost. Pure apathy.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join