It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominent US Senators and Mayors Outed as Members of the KKK by Anonymous

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Apparently, "the real" Anonymous is DENYING that they actually provided this list.

Anonymous is saying that Anonymous(released on Pastebin site) is lying.

What a good way to discredit whatever list is issued on Thursday, huh!

Newsweek Article
edit on 17Mon, 02 Nov 2015 17:36:24 -060015p0520151166 by Gryphon66 because: Wrong link provided previously (I think it's the fauxAnonymous messin with me ...)

edit on 17Mon, 02 Nov 2015 17:40:04 -060015p0520151166 by Gryphon66 because: Had another thought, so shoot me.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: eisegesis

Howis there a choice between the two if zero information is givin.

How would me calling you obama be any different?

There isn't, hence my waiting.

I find the irony of certain members efforts here as comical as what Anonymous touts as proof.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
In my opinion, this little info dump (I guess you could loosely label it as such) will amount to very little. Every bit of it could very well be true, but it won't make a difference if you don't have solid evidence or names and faces behind the information.

And that's the glaring point of this whole anonymous nonsense. It was a stupid idea when they started it, and it's a stupid idea today. Anybody can pose as anonymous and release whatever. It's such an easy movement to defeat regardless of intention.

All this anonymous movement will do is give governments a valid reason to restrict information distribution through means of a world wide web. There might be something to that angle, but who knows at this point.
edit on 2-11-2015 by GD21D because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Interesting story, if true...but where is the proof? Why wouldn't that be included in the story?
And, if not true, how do these people sue 'anonymous' for lible?

Could they sue the news outlets who report false and uncorroborated stories?

Honest question, I don't know.

If a news outlet reported that these names were on a list alleged to have been obtained by Anonymous, there is no legal injury. That much is true.

If a news outlet reported someone is a member of the KKK because their name appears on this list but the news outlet cannot prove it is true, then someone likely has a case (depending somewhat on the backlash they experience).

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Here is an article from the MSM, the Daily Beast debunking the exposure of one of the people
www.thedailybeast.com...

You may not like his politics, but don’t call Sen. Johnny Isakson a racist.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Here is an article from the MSM, the Daily Beast debunking the exposure of one of the people
www.thedailybeast.com...

Seems the whole thing is fake, according to, well, the real Anonymous.

Which reminds me of the old Zen koan, "If you're anonymous, how do you prove it?"

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
Yet somehow were one step away from calling me a racist because I did not agree with posting such.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I seriously doubt these people are members of the KKK. This stinks of a politically motivated BS story.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Gryphon66
Yet somehow were one step away from calling me a racist because I did not agree with posting such.

You have an amazing imagination!

Quote me.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I seriously doubt these people are members of the KKK. This stinks of a politically motivated BS story.

Apparently, the list is bogus. (See above.)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

How do we know who the real anonymous is

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

I was just typing that as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

How do we know who the real anonymous is

An excellent question!

Makes me think of "who watches the watchers?"

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
www.thedailybeast.com...

Seems the whole thing is fake, according to, well, the real Anonymous.

Which reminds me of the old Zen koan, "If you're anonymous, how do you prove it?"

Post from the appropriate twitter account?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Anonymous denies link to list of alleged KKK members — and promises to release its own

Last week, Anonymous said it would soon release the identities of about 1,000 members of the white supremacist organization. Anonymous is expected to release the details on Thursday, the day of the global protest movement known as the Million Mask March, in which demonstrators around the world will march in a protest against corrupt governments and corporations.

Anonymous denies it has any connection to the list of names, which was published Saturday on the website Pastebin. Most of the politicians included on the list—four Republican senators, four Democratic mayors and a Republican mayor—have denied the claims.

More info at link.
edit on 11/2/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The problem with Anonymous is that pretty much anyone can claim to be Anonymous as far as I can tell.

And without any credible evidence to back this list in any way, it should be treated for what it is - an empty claim. I can make up a list of prominent political names and say they're all members of NAMBLA and post it anonymously claiming to be Anonymous, but none of that would make it true unless I actually had verifiable proof I could post with it to back my claims.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Apparently proof may be coming Thursday. We'll see.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

In a world where people will believe that a tiny citation of a birth in 1961 in a local newspaper was faked, people will believe what they want to, for the most part.

Does Anonymous have a certified Twitter account? How did they certify it? (We were just entertaining the question.)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

A little info here

Last week, a group identifying itself as the online hacktivist collective "Anonymous" vowed to release contact information identifying 1,000 members of the Ku Klux Klan, timed a year after the group first began targeting the KKK in the wake of the Ferguson, Missouri, protests.

On Monday, the group followed through, publishing its first batch of information: an (unverified) list of 57 phone numbers and 23 email addresses allegedly belonging to KKK members. Multiple Twitter commenters questioned the veracity of the information shortly after its release, reporting that many of the numbers belong to businesses with no clear link to the Klan.

Just before the group released the emails and telephone numbers, a Twitter user named "Amped Attacks” -- who has gained past attention for targeting websites operated by the KKK -- tweeted a link to a Pastebin article accusing several U.S. senators and mayors of being affiliated with the KKK or "racist related" groups.

Amped Attacks said he was not linked to Anonymous. “I am not involved with Anonymous or any other hacktivist group,” he told TechCrunch on Monday. “I am my own man that acts on my own accord.”

edit on 2-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: ketsuko

Apparently proof may be coming Thursday. We'll see.

All I see there is that they plan to list 1,000 members and they deny the list that was released today. That doesn't necessarily bode well for the list released today. If the lists had many matches, why would they disavow it?

In a nation of around 350 million people, 1,000 people and 6 politicians have a very small likelihood of overlapping.

Does that mean there won't be any overlap? No, but the reaction says there's hardly a perfect match.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join