It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your initial reaction when you see you have a private message when you log back into ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Simple question

Do you think'

"OOHH lovley one of my chums on ATS has sent me a happy message of comarderie, Yipeee!"

Or do you think

"Oh dear, what have I done now, I knew I should have not sat there drinking beer and talking on ATS and now I am in trouble. I will most likley be banned or worse oh christ what have I done?"

You can possibly guess which one I think but I am always nearly wrong in my assumption

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'm too scared to look. I don't look at them anymore. I don't really want to encourage anything other than public communication on this site. That is the whole point of it for me; to be part of a public conversation. I weave everything I want to say in the comments.

I do get upset if the mods tell me I have been naughty, but usually I know when I have overstepped the mark anyway and it is very rare when I do. It is sad, but I dare say it is the same with other members that when my real life is painful it can show in my words. It is the last thing I want to do, to upset others. I know how hard life can be and that some members are having a very hard time with illness and situations they are in.

edit on 2-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yes its the latter but I think out loud "Oh expletive, what have I done, now?!" But I must say the last two that weren't thread posts, were applause - imagine that!?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's been a while but it was always " Ah #, what did I say now" lol. I don't get on often enough that sometime I forget which threads I have posted in.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
with joy and trepidation.

I worry I said something wrong. lol

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
My exact thughts are as follows....

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY SOME ONE LOVES ME YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY
:

oh drat its just another automated message telling me about some live feed or the hot topics on ATS this week

lmao

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I always think that maybe I went too far with a post and have gotten a wrist slap or maybe someone wanted to ask a question about something I posted. I have also been fortunate enough to get PMs from some of the great people that frequent this site.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Can i get a 'whoop whoop?!!'

But i havent been here very long, but i have had two applauses...

Whoop whoop!!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
Yes its the latter but I think out loud "Oh expletive, what have I done, now?!" But I must say the last two that weren't thread posts, were applause - imagine that!?

I once logged on after a pretty heated night to see an ominous message in the corner and could not deal with clicking on it,

I knew that I had made some pretty stern statements and on reflection regretted some of them.

After about 3 days of "ignoring it" I had a beer and manned up and clicked on it expecting the worst.

It was a mod applause for a post in the cooking forum! FFS.

I really beat myself up over that as I knew that I was a bit out of order in at least 3 threads but that was all it was...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hahahaha! Some funny replies in here! I am always happy and curious to get a PM.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific
Can i get a 'whoop whoop?!!'

But i havent been here very long, but i have had two applauses...

Whoop whoop!!

Yes you can but you are quite moderate and do not stay up as late as I do drinking beer and getting involved in stupid arguments .

You have the sense when to call it a night and therefore do not have to worry like some of us do

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Not that sensible, i really need to either continue ironing and ignore ATS or turn it off?

Stupid ATS.

Yes, I ddid just compare ironing to drinking. What of it?! We all get our kicks differently.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That depends on who sent it, really. Usually I'm curious. If it's from a mod, I'm curious and wary; although, besides having a couple threads moved, closed, removed, or getting a warning, for the most part I really haven't gotten in any real trouble.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

LOL! That's a GREAT question! I always think, "Oops! I'm in trouble now! I went too far!" LOL!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Nobody cares about me enough to send a pm.

I'm so alone...so very alone.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
That depends on who sent it, really. Usually I'm curious. If it's from a mod, I'm curious and wary; although, besides having a couple threads moved, closed, removed, or getting a warning, for the most part I really haven't gotten in any real trouble.

The question was more about when you see that you have a message but do not know who it is from...

That horrible sinking feeling when you think you may have overstepped the line and dread clicking on the little envolope to find out?

As I said I usually find out it is a happy message but maybe a life of pushing limits has made me wary.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Nobody cares about me enough to send a pm.

I'm so alone...so very alone.

Never mind.

At least you never have the horrible sense of regret that some of us have.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
After reading some of the replies on here, I would seriously consider giving yourselves a break from ATS.

Worrying about what's behind a virtual envelope? It's either a virtual applause or a virtual telling off, or worse still, a message from another member either pointing out the flaws in your rationale or like totes agreeing with everything you have to say.

What I'm saying is, don't fear the white envelope, embrace it.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
99 times oyt of a 100 it is a message telling a thread I started was moved. 8 times I was surprised with applause so there is that as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
After reading some of the replies on here, I would seriously consider giving yourselves a break from ATS.

Worrying about what's behind a virtual envelope? It's either a virtual applause or a virtual telling off, or worse still, a message from another member either pointing out the flaws in your rationale or like totes agreeing with everything you have to say.

What I'm saying is, don't fear the white envelope, embrace it.

I agree but I think that what I was saying was that it was less about the message and more about the sense of guilt that I had overstepped the mark on a personal level and knew that I should have had more restraint.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join